Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree4Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 26th 2015, 12:01 PM   #1

1299 Accessories

So I picked up my bike last week and still haven't even registered it. I'm finally off Tuesday so hopefully I can get that done and start breaking in my bike. So I wanted to start a thread so as other members start taking delivery we have a good database of what exactly changed between 1299 and 1199.

Ok, purchased an NRC Fender Kit but am waiting for the bolt kit since it wasn't included. The carbon fiber exhaust covers ard different so don't buy one for an 1199. Also, I was told the Ackrapovic full exhaust has drastically different bends than the stock header, so consider this. There will be a Termingoni slip-on option available later this summer. Akrapovic Evo comes with Race Ecu. Clutch and Brake Billet reservoirs should fit. There is also a double-bubble screen option. Photos and more info to come.

Old Apr 26th 2015, 06:46 PM   #2

I got the NRC fender eliminator as well. Have the CRG carbon levers in route, and ordered the Giamoto rearsets.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 03:25 AM   #3

I Ride: 1299S, SF848, KTM 690R/300EX
I also ordered the NRC fender eliminator; looks like he has the mirror eliminator is the works as well for those interested. Should have my eliminator on Thursday.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 03:48 AM   #4

I Ride: '15 Panigale 1299S, '15 Triumph 675R, '14 Honda Grom, '13 Aprilia RSV4, '10 Yamaha R6, '06 Yamaha R1
From what I understand, the standard accessories like rearsets, levers, etc should carry over from the 1199.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 08:56 AM   #5
kpn

Those of you with the NRC fender eliminator, is there a license plate light still? I can not tell from the pictures. It looks really clean but that would be a no go for me if not as it just gives reason to get pulled over.

Thanks.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 06:29 PM   #6

I Ride: '99 m900 city, monster 1100 20th anniv., multistrada pike's peak, BMW r ninet and a 1299 Panigale S
I ordered the "sport pack" from Ducati and found it a great little deal. But the fender eliminator from DP is seriously trick -- it's easily removable and remountable (made that word up) in case you want to go to the track. Some have mentioned LED indicators with the DP kit, but I didn't get any and can't find any reference to those parts anywhere.

The Sport Pack also comes with some nice little carbon touches, as well as the obligatory black bar end weights and a quick-release gas tank cap that really ties the room together (I posted pics of most of those goodies in my post "One Step Closer to God."
Old Apr 27th 2015, 06:35 PM   #7
AG6

Originally Posted by kpn View Post
Those of you with the NRC fender eliminator, is there a license plate light still? I can not tell from the pictures. It looks really clean but that would be a no go for me if not as it just gives reason to get pulled over.

Thanks.

There is a light and the newer kits are plug and play
Attached Thumbnails
1299 Accessories-20150427_213235.jpg  
Thanks from kpn
Old Apr 28th 2015, 12:06 AM   #8

I Ride: '15 Panigale 1299S, '15 Triumph 675R, '14 Honda Grom, '13 Aprilia RSV4, '10 Yamaha R6, '06 Yamaha R1
Originally Posted by showerfan View Post
I ordered the "sport pack" from Ducati and found it a great little deal. But the fender eliminator from DP is seriously trick -- it's easily removable and remountable (made that word up) in case you want to go to the track. Some have mentioned LED indicators with the DP kit, but I didn't get any and can't find any reference to those parts anywhere.

The Sport Pack also comes with some nice little carbon touches, as well as the obligatory black bar end weights and a quick-release gas tank cap that really ties the room together (I posted pics of most of those goodies in my post "One Step Closer to God."
Where did you get that pack from? And how do you define "deal"?

I haven't seen the sport pack as a whole and checked out the prices, but I know the prices on the "Official" Ducati accessories are fucking ridiculous. I just thought Aprilia was bad till I went to the Ducati page.

CF swingarm guard, $413? Even the one for the RSV4 is only about $175.
Small CF rear fender, $300+? Front Fender $361? They go for $150 on eBay all day long.
The little CF guard for the rear shock...$186? They go for $45-50 on eBay.
Heel guards, $164? There isn't $10 worth of material there.

I don't even want to know what they charged for that keyless gas cap. But they typically go for $60-$140 depending on where you get them and what brand.

The Aprilia forum is full of complaints about how Aprilia puts the "exotic surcharge" on shit. They charge 5-10x what something is worth simply because it has "Aprilia" on it. They would shit a chicken if they saw some of the prices on these Ducati accessories.

So anyway, back to the sport pack. The only way I see that being a deal is if you take the prices of all of those individual items and then cut them in half (at least) as part of a bundle.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 03:29 AM   #9

I Ride: '99 m900 city, monster 1100 20th anniv., multistrada pike's peak, BMW r ninet and a 1299 Panigale S
Dude, the bike was like 27k otd. Unless we're talking about super expensive, like 5k for a full exhaust, I don't really look twice at the prices. The whole sport pack was about 1200, which is a lot of you stop and think about it -- so I don't. I guess I just meant "good deal" as in "a good deal of cool shit in one box."
Thanks from Macattack
Old Apr 28th 2015, 03:50 AM   #10

Originally Posted by showerfan View Post
Dude, the bike was like 27k otd. Unless we're talking about super expensive, like 5k for a full exhaust, I don't really look twice at the prices. The whole sport pack was about 1200, which is a lot of you stop and think about it -- so I don't. I guess I just meant "good deal" as in "a good deal of cool shit in one box."
I see those kinds of comments a lot "we are talking about a bike that costs $_____ and you are worried about...".

I agree in principal, if I was that worried about money I would go get a Ninja 300. However, I don't see the sense in wasting money either.

But my point wasn't directed towards you or really the costs of those items, it was more directed towards Ducati in general for charging 5x what something is actually worth just because it came from the "Official Ducati store". For example, I would damn near bet a paycheck I could source everything that was in that box and spend $500 or less. And it would look identical.

Like the CF shock cover. I just saw at least 10 of them yesterday that looked 100% identical to the Ducati one, and the MOST expensive one was something like $60 (which already contains a good markup because there isn't $8 worth of material in that little cover). But Ducati wants $186 for it just because it is from Ducati.

The audacity of companies like Ducati and Aprilia to do shit like that is what gets on my nerves.
Thanks from zeaner

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, accessories