Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree2Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3rd 2015, 10:14 PM   #11

Take the 3 bolts out of the clutch slave and slide it off. It will then give you room to get to the shift rod bolt.

Old May 3rd 2015, 11:00 PM   #12

I Ride: 2013 1199S ABS
Originally Posted by McLaren12C View Post
How the hell do you get that linkage off? The screw holding the linkage to the trans is behind the clutch fluid intake, and it's all too tight to remove linkage at the spline itself. I'm boned right now.
It's a lot easier if you remove this bolt first. Then remove the shifter followed by removing the 2 bolts that mount it to the frame. Loosen the pinch nuts on the shift rod to give it some rotation. This will allow you to rotate the base away from the swingarm so that the shift rod bolt is facing up giving you more room for an allen key.
Attached Thumbnails
DP rearsets install instructions anyone??-061512-2012-ducati-1199-panigale-s-rear-suspension.jpg  

Last edited by RRnold; May 3rd 2015 at 11:04 PM.
Old May 4th 2015, 04:11 AM   #13

Loosen the pinch bolt on top of the lever, then slide the linkage in (towards the trans). That should clear up some space between the clutch line and the bolt to get a ball end Allen key in there.

By this time you should also have the linkage disconnected from the stock lever as posted above.

How the hell do you get that linkage off? The screw holding the linkage to the trans is behind the clutch fluid intake, and it's all too tight to remove linkage at the spline itself. I'm boned right now.

Last edited by BadBoyBeltran; May 4th 2015 at 04:23 AM.
Old May 4th 2015, 06:05 AM   #14

This is a better solution than my recommendation. I was afraid of the clutch fluid leaking. I didn't want to bleed the clutch if I didn't have to.

I'm gonna assume that it will come off with the fluids intact.

Originally Posted by lardawge View Post
Take the 3 bolts out of the clutch slave and slide it off. It will then give you room to get to the shift rod bolt.
Old May 4th 2015, 08:29 AM   #15

Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
It's a lot easier if you remove this bolt first. Then remove the shifter followed by removing the 2 bolts that mount it to the frame. Loosen the pinch nuts on the shift rod to give it some rotation. This will allow you to rotate the base away from the swingarm so that the shift rod bolt is facing up giving you more room for an allen key.
Yeah, did that - it's the long aluminum linkage that I can't get off (I can't disconnect from the other side). Thought about cracking open the banjo on the clutch line just enough to rotate it 90 degrees, so I could get an allen key into the screw behind it.

So poorly thought out.
Old May 4th 2015, 08:43 AM   #16

To get to the Allen behind the linkage, you loosen the adjustable end on the pedal end of the shifter to be able to rotate it.

You can also rotate it right after the shift switch. You have to replace that arm anyway.

I was able to stick a ball end Allen in there after pushing it in. Maybe yours is connected different from mine.
Old May 4th 2015, 09:28 AM   #17

Originally Posted by BadBoyBeltran View Post
To get to the Allen behind the linkage, you loosen the adjustable end on the pedal end of the shifter to be able to rotate it.

You can also rotate it right after the shift switch. You have to replace that arm anyway.

I was able to stick a ball end Allen in there after pushing it in. Maybe yours is connected different from mine.
I think you're talking about the other end of the linkage. I'm talking about the allen screw immediately behind the clutch slave.
Old May 4th 2015, 10:15 AM   #18

Here you go.

Are we talking about this bolt?

You might have to remove the QS switch if it's in the way.
Old May 4th 2015, 05:49 PM   #19

I Ride: 2013 1199S ABS
Yeah, did that - it's the long aluminum linkage that I can't get off (I can't disconnect from the other side). Thought about cracking open the banjo on the clutch line just enough to rotate it 90 degrees, so I could get an allen key into the screw behind it.

So poorly thought out.
Sorry, I didn't see you were going GP. Since you're replacing the shift rod, you're going to have to remove the clutch slave.

Removing the pinch bolt won't allow removal due to the shaft length
and the C/S line is blocking the shift rod bolt.

It was a lot easier installing the Lightech's since it uses standard shift DQS and mounts the shift rod higher above the pivot point on the baseplate making it GP shift.
Old May 4th 2015, 08:41 PM   #20

S'all good. Pair of vise grips on the aluminum linkage did the job. If I ever revert to stock and sell, I'll need to replace it, but for now... Meh.
Thanks from RRnold

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
install, instructions, rearsets

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.