Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree28Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 9th 2015, 05:54 AM   #31

Originally Posted by wilkson View Post
Just so everyone knows this is not correct . You do not need to make up a jig at all .
So you've done the factory training, then, Wilkson?
When I prepared the 1199 R, once the IMU unit had been disconnected, fiddled around with trying to fit the older fairings, then refitted with its standard fairings and headlight unit, we couldn't get it to reset until we refitted the sidestand and reinitialized the IMU to return to factory spec.
Maybe this isn't necessary, but simple logic says it is, otherwise, what's the base setting point going to be?
I don't like error codes on my bikes. At all.

If you have info meaning this isn't necessary, please share it. It's also like the inability to simply load in the up-map without the full dealership DDA present and their internet connection with the factory server.
More complexity is good, but often more hassle, too.

Old Sep 9th 2015, 05:59 AM   #32

Originally Posted by royal View Post
I've posted a mini thread here on fitting the Ducati track fairings which may be handy for anyone looking at doing this. I'll try to do a proper thread on this site if I get a chance.

1199 - Ducati Track Fairings - Fitting Phots | Ducati Forum
This is the pre-2015 kit. I still haven't seen any 2015 kit available from DP.
There is no provision for mounting the IMU sensor.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 09:52 AM   #33

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by Blue Guy View Post
This is the pre-2015 kit. I still haven't seen any 2015 kit available from DP.
There is no provision for mounting the IMU sensor.
False - the 2015 kit is 97180271A

Already purchased by several members on this board and confirmed myself with a call to the dealer.

It's also available from commonwealth - Ducati Store :: Ducati 1299 Panigale :: Bodywork :: Ducati 1299 Track Fairing Kit
Thanks from royal
Old Sep 9th 2015, 01:50 PM   #34

So you've done the factory training, then, Wilkson?
When I prepared the 1199 R, once the IMU unit had been disconnected, fiddled around with trying to fit the older fairings, then refitted with its standard fairings and headlight unit, we couldn't get it to reset until we refitted the sidestand and reinitialized the IMU to return to factory spec.
Maybe this isn't necessary, but simple logic says it is, otherwise, what's the base setting point going to be?

If you have info meaning this isn't necessary, please share it. It's also like the inability to simply load in the up-map without the full dealership DDA present and their internet connection with the factory server.
More complexity is good, but often more hassle, too.
Your making things more complicate than things need to be and sharing information that is not necessary . I don't care if you trained with NASA .
Here is my IMU bracket I have made and tested which works perfect . Three bikes have been done this way without the side stand and all bikes are currently racing with no issues .
Your the first guy to ever bring this up including "factory trained " techs we have here .If you need a bracket let me know I'm having some more made up .
Attached Thumbnails
1299s Into Track Bike-fullsizerender.jpg  

Last edited by wilkson; Sep 9th 2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 03:23 PM   #35

Logically I'd be surprised if the IMU unit is dependent on its physical position to calibrate it's "zero".

I should think it would know which orientation is level , which way is up and which way is forward based on its internal gyro and accelerometers.

It's possible that it is dependent on its orientation, but that's not a very robust design not to mention not very German.

Last edited by Slowdive2; Sep 9th 2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old Apr 6th 2019, 05:54 AM   #36

I Ride: Panigale 1299S, YAMAHA R1, triumph rocket 3
just my personal experience...

Stripped my 1299S ready for race fairings.. Pulled off the temp sensor and imu and put to one side..

When bike went back together it threw up a few errors.. including IMU
Simply disconnected battery and reconnected, faults went away and not had any issues or faults since. IMU was put back roughly in the same location with similar orientation.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299s, bike, track

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.