Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree14Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 20th 2015, 06:30 PM   #41

Originally Posted by steveved View Post
Wouldn't that make the vibrations worse?
He said he was going to remove them for the install which I think is a must?? I'm presuming he'd put them back on.

Old Jun 21st 2015, 12:43 AM   #42

I Ride: '15 Panigale 1299S, '15 Triumph 675R, '14 Honda Grom, '13 Aprilia RSV4, '10 Yamaha R6, '06 Yamaha R1
Originally Posted by steveved View Post
Wouldn't that make the vibrations worse?
In theory, yes. The whole point of the heavier bar ends is to remove vibration. Some companies make some that are really big and heavy to eliminate more of it (I usually put them on my long distance ST bikes).
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 08:41 PM   #43

Originally Posted by apeluv View Post
I have an air compressor.. How do you use it to blow air in between the grips and the bar/throttle?

I have the little push handle air blower with the black tip but not sure how you guys use it to get air between the bar and the grip.

Maybe I don't have the right attachment, or just need to try it out when I get home tonight to really see how it works.
Use something like this and its pretty straight forward.

Slapped my 717's on tonight, damn those bar ends are on tight. I removed all that grey crap. Grease and 35 ft-lbs that should be good. Threads on those things are long so it not like I'd not notice if they started backing out.
Thanks from apeluv
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 08:43 PM   #44

I Ride: 2018 Ducati Panigale V4
Just did it.. The left one came off and went on with soapy water and air. The right one.... Was a bitch to get on... I had to do a slow masterbation technique to get the grips on over the throttle. All on and good now.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 05:24 PM   #45

Pro grip 714 are very nice with larger OD fills the hand nicely and significant reduced fatigue. Has a soft gel polymer outer shell.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 06:27 PM   #46

Cool Dominos

Mounted these a LONG time ago after a dare from a buddy.
They were raved about on reviews and actually did provide some comfort, especially on left side grip. The throttle usage was a bit odd and kinda got in the way a bit. Like em? Lol

Love to hear if anyone else ever gave these a try?
Only kept em on for a little while and moved on to some other comfy gel ones- forget their name. Also have another set in the garage which I'll take a pic of tomrw if I can find them.

So check out the Mickey Mouse hands attached!
Attached Thumbnails
Grips-grip2.jpg   Grips-grip1.jpg  
Old Jun 30th 2015, 09:18 AM   #47

Cool The Other Grips

Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
They were raved about on reviews and actually did provide some comfort, especially on left side grip. The throttle usage was a bit odd and kinda got in the way a bit. Like em? Lol

Only kept em on for a little while and moved on to some other comfy gel ones- forget their name. Also have another set in the garage which I'll take a pic of tomrw if I can find them.

As promised, here is the other set of grips which are supposed to be super tested and recommendEd for Superbikes. Gave a set to my friend Mark and not sure which bike he mounted them on or how they're working out, so if you'rereading this Mark please review them for us?

Here is the Amazon details and reviews, plus Co site:

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Grips-P.../dp/B0068FYDC2

Introducing the New Spider PEAK Grip! ? Spider Grips

If anyone has these I'd love to hear about them as I haven't mounted them yet myself- only using my air compressor to do so, no other soaps, water, glues etc
Attached Thumbnails
Grips-20150629_164104.jpg  
Old Jun 30th 2015, 09:18 AM   #48

Cool The Other Grips

As promised, here is the other set of grips which are supposed to be super tested and recommendEd for Superbikes. Gave a set to my friend Mark and not sure which bike he mounted them on or how they're working out, so if you'rereading this Mark please review them for us?

Amazon.com: Spider Grips Peak Grips - Black , Color: Black PEAK-B/B: Automotive

If anyone has these I'd love to hear about them as I haven't mounted them yet myself- only using my air compressor to do so, no other soaps, water, glues etc
Old Jun 30th 2015, 09:20 AM   #49

WTF???
Sorry - absolutely no idea whatsoever why it just duplicated posts! Doing it from cell phone which is only thing I can think of. Too weird.
Old Jun 30th 2015, 09:44 AM   #50

I Ride: Ducati Panigale S Tricolore

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Grips-P.../dp/B0068FYDC2

Gunny check back on this thread. The Dragon Lady is wearing those new fangled Spyder grips. It works fine.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
grips