Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree42Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3rd 2016, 07:08 PM   #41
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 7,243
Thanks: 3918

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, CRF50, GROM, bionicon supershuttle
Ready to take orders.

Outside sleeves tig welded and vht coated, 2 screen designs to choose from.

3 different sound levels:
1. Tame (- a bit louder)
2. #louderthanakrapovic
3. MotoGP loud - get an ear doctor


Email me to the addy in signature
Attached Thumbnails
1299 exhaust cored-image.jpg  
Thanks from USMC1199
Phl is offline  
 
Old May 4th 2016, 06:30 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
VAST's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Manhattan

Posts: 1,983
Thanks: 803

I Ride: 2014 Panigale R (sold)
Originally Posted by Phl View Post
Ready to take orders.

Outside sleeves tig welded and vht coated, 2 screen designs to choose from.

3 different sound levels:
1. Tame (- a bit louder)
2. #louderthanakrapovic
3. MotoGP loud - get an ear doctor


Email me to the addy in signature

looks great. how much lighter are they now? how much heavier than, say, Akra? i bet w/ tune they have similar performance to Akra..
Thanks from Phl
VAST is offline  
Old May 4th 2016, 06:47 AM   #43
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 7,243
Thanks: 3918

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, CRF50, GROM, bionicon supershuttle
Originally Posted by VAST View Post
looks great. how much lighter are they now? how much heavier than, say, Akra? i bet w/ tune they have similar performance to Akra..
the only ones i weighed were the '15R /SL Ti stock ones , they came out right under 8 lbs

with cats and some metal removed i'd say you're right above 1lb. in weight loss. but most importantly you lose the 2 heat storage devices, a.k.a. known as cats.

performance wise - i have yet to go on a dyno. i will not put up any claims here (remember Austin Racing ? ) but through the board, people who got the mod done from me have been very satisfied.
Thanks from VAST
Phl is offline  
Old May 4th 2016, 07:18 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
VAST's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Manhattan

Posts: 1,983
Thanks: 803

I Ride: 2014 Panigale R (sold)
Originally Posted by Phl View Post
the only ones i weighed were the '15R /SL Ti stock ones , they came out right under 8 lbs

with cats and some metal removed i'd say you're right above 1lb. in weight loss. but most importantly you lose the 2 heat storage devices, a.k.a. known as cats.

performance wise - i have yet to go on a dyno. i will not put up any claims here (remember Austin Racing ? ) but through the board, people who got the mod done from me have been very satisfied.
u could start making exhausts from scratch one day
VAST is offline  
Old May 4th 2016, 07:34 AM   #45
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Leesville, La

Posts: 15
Thanks: 2

I Ride: Ducati 1299
I put mine on a dyno this past weekend. I had someone else remove my cats.

190.59HP
102.17 Max Torque.

MWR Filter
Rapid Bike
Cats removed
New 14t Sprocket.
Thanks from Phl

Last edited by Premo881; May 4th 2016 at 07:38 AM.
Premo881 is offline  
Old May 4th 2016, 07:48 AM   #46
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 7,243
Thanks: 3918

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, CRF50, GROM, bionicon supershuttle
Originally Posted by Premo881 View Post
I put mine on a dyno this past weekend. I had someone else remove my cats.

190.59HP
102.17 Max Torque.

MWR Filter
Rapid Bike
Cats removed
New 14t Sprocket.
If I remember correctly, you didn't change any of the internal piping, right?
Phl is offline  
Old May 4th 2016, 07:49 AM   #47
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 7,243
Thanks: 3918

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, CRF50, GROM, bionicon supershuttle
Originally Posted by VAST View Post
u could start making exhausts from scratch one day
Working on it

As in : never wake up without a plan B
Thanks from weltonrk
Phl is offline  
Old May 4th 2016, 07:57 AM   #48
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Leesville, La

Posts: 15
Thanks: 2

I Ride: Ducati 1299
Originally Posted by Phl View Post
If I remember correctly, you didn't change any of the internal piping, right?
From from what i can tell it was completely gutted out. Not sure what else was in there. I looked at it before they put it back on.

I'm pretty sure you would have done a way better job with it, workmanship wise.
Thanks from Phl
Premo881 is offline  
Old May 4th 2016, 08:10 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Whoopazz's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Edmt, AB

Posts: 883
Thanks: 431

I Ride: 1299
I can't believe people put a 14 T sprocket on the 1299 especially with all the exhaust tuning mods. I have a hard time keeping the front end down one mine with the stock setup.

After my full Akra it's even more of a workout
Whoopazz is online now  
Old May 4th 2016, 08:17 AM   #50
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Leesville, La

Posts: 15
Thanks: 2

I Ride: Ducati 1299
Originally Posted by Whoopazz View Post
I can't believe people put a 14 T sprocket on the 1299 especially with all the exhaust tuning mods. I have a hard time keeping the front end down one mine with the stock setup.

After my full Akra it's even more of a workout
It was a cheap upgrade, and I was hearing alot of good things about it. The instant torque is unreal. Really changes the whole bike.

On a side note.....Are my dyno numbers about right for what I have installed on my bike? The RapidBike auto tuner literally did all the work. I didn't even tune it thinking that it would have been a waste of money trying to bump those numbers up.
Premo881 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, cored, exhaust



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1299 cored exhaust cover opinions Phl Ducati 1299 36 Jul 7th 2017 08:02 PM
New cored exhaust from Phil video Sergio1199Panigale Ducati 1199 26 Dec 23rd 2014 07:48 AM
New cored exhaust design Bonknee1 Ducati 1199 3 Sep 19th 2014 02:17 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed