Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree80Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 24th 2015, 05:13 AM   #41

I Ride: 1199 panigale + ABS
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
pedrin - I understand your frustration, although my experience is slightly different to yours. I've found that if you have genuine question/real problem you will get support, granted it can take a while due to time zones. But if you're expecting them to baby you through the whole process because you're either computer illiterate or too lazy to read the manual then you won't - I just don't think they have time.

The product itself, IMO, is brilliant. The software has been completely reliable (4 of my friends run Tuneboy), and there are some great new features on the way - for free.
SPJ, you obviously do not understand my frustration, at no point I said that the product wasnt good. I currently dont use the product but guess what, I did had it 7 years ago, for a speed triple, and it was the exact same story, zero support. This is a pattern, the way he operates, he knows people get frustrated, and yet in all this time he hasn't changed his ways.

Other than that:
-Yes the product is brilliant and obviously he is a brilliant engineer, just chaotic in the way he handles his business.

-One shouldn't need to have smart, insightful questions to expect support.

-you are characterizing many people as illiterate and lazy. If he is targeting the average client, the client shouldn't need to be a computer geek or a tuner. The client should know upfront that once you get the product you will be on your own.

-Most often complaints are not about technical issues but about wrong or missing maps, misinformation etc. That has nothing to do with being lazy.

my 2 cents

Old Jul 26th 2015, 03:44 AM   #42

Any experts out there, I need help.

Today I realised I needed to install the LC-1 sensors for logging to get accurate readings.
Do I have to connect the serial in or out connectors on the sensor/LC1 side to the WB-01 serial in or out ports for logging?
I don't think I can physically as the connectors on the sensor/LC1 side are rectangular and on the WB-01 it looks like round ports.

Will the readings from the LC-01 sensors go via the OBD2 connector to the WB-01 for logging via wifi?
Old Jul 26th 2015, 04:27 AM   #43

I Ride: 2015 1299 Panigale
Procedure for connecting wbo2 can be found on the website
Old Jul 26th 2015, 04:37 AM   #44

Ha ha ha
Old Jul 26th 2015, 10:57 PM   #45

I Ride: 2015 1299 Panigale
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
Ha ha ha
I'd almost think you didn't believe me
Clicky
Old Jul 27th 2015, 04:42 AM   #46

I Ride: 13' 1199 R
Here is my experience with the tuneboy product since everyone seemed to give it on this thread without asking. I had no issues with tuneboy.

1. Pre-purchase questions.....answered promptly
2. Read the manual .pdf top to bottom before attempting ecu flash. Had .pdf up during flash to follow steps. Flash went flawless and cruise control worked first time.
3. ECU needed replacement due to unrelated concern a month ago. I sent tuneboy invoice showing ECU replacement and got a new key promptly.

They are located in Australia and if I send them an email on Friday my time (eastern US). I really don't expect and answer at the earliest until there next business day. (sunday night my time).

If you have an issue the more detail you can provide will benefit you with quicker resolution. Details of the steps you've performed, screen shot error messages etc.....

......and why do you guys come to the forum with questions that are answered in the manual? The download link for the current 1199 V4 software in on there support page and a manual is in the download.

The only thing I could see as a concern is releasing a product before all the support materials are complete and on the website, but I would be exited too if I just finished something cool and wanted to tell the community asap.

Last edited by rpm429; Jul 27th 2015 at 04:50 AM.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 07:54 AM   #47

I Ride: 1299s Awesome Edition ;)
I am considering only buying cruise control, just because the bike has a lot more power than I already can handle. Why use a lot of time on tuning and getting more power?

So a question to you guys who have CC;
I regularly ride in Race mode (like using lap time etc). How does the up and down 1km/h for the cruise control work, when I already am using up and down to adjust the EBC on the fly?

Don't say you have to disable that...
Old Jul 31st 2015, 12:29 PM   #48

Ok Wayne got me sorted, iPhone app is working and gonna try logging tomorrow on an iPhone! Fecking Yaas!
Old Jul 31st 2015, 12:31 PM   #49

You don't use the up/down buttons,
Just use the starter button to set the new speed after either braking or accelerating to your desired speed.

Originally Posted by KvalheimRacing View Post
I am considering only buying cruise control, just because the bike has a lot more power than I already can handle. Why use a lot of time on tuning and getting more power?

So a question to you guys who have CC;
I regularly ride in Race mode (like using lap time etc). How does the up and down 1km/h for the cruise control work, when I already am using up and down to adjust the EBC on the fly?

Don't say you have to disable that...
Old Jul 31st 2015, 12:35 PM   #50

Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
You don't use the up/down buttons,
Just use the starter button to set the new speed after either braking or accelerating to your desired speed.
That's incorrect. The menu up/down button controls the speed.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, feature, map, panigale, tuneboy

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.