Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree51Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 12th 2015, 05:08 PM   #41

Originally Posted by ultra300x View Post
I noticed this as well - curious to know how wiring it will affect midrange throttle response
Mine is already disconnected, as I had to remove the motor that controls it, when I did the Termi install. My issue is that it's just sitting there with a VERY limp spring supposedly keeping it open.. I personally think the exhaust gas pressure could easily overwhelm that spring pressure and cause the valve to flap around and even potentially close.

Cheap insurance for me to safety wire it full open and not have to rely on the spring.
Thanks from crankman

Old Sep 12th 2015, 06:24 PM   #42

I Ride: 2015 1299 Base
So some of the gains you noticed may be a result of the valve being disconnected/wired open?
Old Sep 12th 2015, 07:05 PM   #43

Originally Posted by ultra300x View Post
So some of the gains you noticed may be a result of the valve being disconnected/wired open?
Oh, I am sure that's a part of it. The entire package is what makes it though. I purposely did one piece at a time to see what each part added to the whole. The slipon is really good, even with the stock air filter, but the Sprint makes it even better... The RapidBike seals the deal and is far better than I expected.
Old Nov 7th 2015, 04:58 PM   #44

Originally Posted by 80shilling View Post
Oh, I am sure that's a part of it. The entire package is what makes it though. I purposely did one piece at a time to see what each part added to the whole. The slipon is really good, even with the stock air filter, but the Sprint makes it even better... The RapidBike seals the deal and is far better than I expected.
Ok. I am looking at purchasing a year end 1299S and am interested in putting a Tremi on and either a TuneBoy or rapidBike. Any recommendations as to which would be better? 80shilling you really like the RapidBike, but will the TuneBoy accomplish the same thing without adding a piggyback module? It also has cruise control if I am not mistaken which would be a plus.

Thanks for any input.

Gaetano
Old Nov 7th 2015, 08:17 PM   #45

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S -
I totally agree that the Rapid Bike Racing module,Akropovic exhaust and filter combo is a great combination. albeit an expensive one. However it transforms the bikes throttle response and adds horsepower.

I had low speed fueling issues with the bike bucking and kicking at anythng below 4500 "rpm. I installed the Akropovic DP slipons with the 1299 racing "up map. Sprint racing filter and the RapidBike Racing module.. it runs much stronger and more importantly it cleared up the low end throttle issues. It also doesn't run nearly as hot..

The longer I ride, it the smoother it gets Now if i could just get the damn thing from dying on me and the throttle from sticking (when deaccelerating down in first gear) it would be awesome..
It just improves the ridability so much it is astounding.. Too bad we have to spend the additional money to get the bike to run the way it should have from the factory

Mine is back in the shop and the dealer just changed out the entire throttle body system today and it is still sticking the throttle in first on decel ! Next they are going to change out the clutch? That totally doesn't make sense to me but that is what the dealer told me the factory rep told him to do today???

Oh well I guess I will end up with a totally new bike by the time they change out everything on it LOL It already has a brand new ECU and as of today a New Throttle body assembly. Next week they will be replacing the entire clutch assembly..

Speedy
Old Nov 7th 2015, 08:26 PM   #46

I Ride: 1299
How many miles do you have on it speedy?... Aren't you eligible for the lemon law in the states?...
Old Nov 8th 2015, 07:54 AM   #47

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S -
Originally Posted by Whoopazz View Post
How many miles do you have on it speedy?... Aren't you eligible for the lemon law in the states?...
About 3800 Miles so far

I would have more on it but it is in the shop almost 60 % of the time during the weekends when I can ride.. I called in at 5;00 yesterday and they said they were going to put a new clutch in it!! That makes NO sense to me at all? If it was the clutch it would be happening in all gears..
The clutch doesn't make the motor /throttle stick at 3500 rpm...then suddenly let go.. **It might have some type of sensor from the clutch that could affect it some way but changing out the clutch plates etc. makes absolutely no sense to me at all..
As far as the lemon law is concerned, it is a last resort.. In the Dealers defense they are really trying to get it resolved. They just cannot do anything until the roaming "Factory Rep" from Ducati is in town and gives them the OK..

So far I am not impressed with the factory service.. It seems they will use just about any excuse they can to get out of doing anything..

Speedy
Old Jan 17th 2016, 05:34 PM   #48

I Ride: now;panigale 1299s before;yamaha R1 2006, R1 2008, R1 2012 bmc filter PCV full akra ohlins
Originally Posted by 80shilling View Post
Now that I have installed the Termignoni Carbon slipon, the Sprint P08 filter and the RapidBike Race module and put some real miles on it, the bike is just astounding.

I took it out on Friday morning in around 70 degree weather (about 20 degrees less than it has been recently) and had some completely clear roads that let me really ride her hard.

I'm not sure if it's a characteristic of a large bore twin engine, compared to a 4 cylinder like my BMW S1000RR, but the 1299 works best when you keep the engine spinning hard between the gears; it seems to react best to just ripping it through the gears with zero let-up. With my mods, the 1299 is FRIGHTENINGLY fast... My S1000RR WAS A MONSTER, A BEAST above 11,000 rpm, but now my 1299 is even faster... It 's BONKERS!!. Now the midrange is even MORE nuts and it takes every bit of my body weight over the front, plastered to the tank to keep the front wheel down in 3rd and 4th. Running DWC level 1, it will lift the front in 2nd and not put it down until 5th if I pin it and rip through the shifts, shifting at, or very near redline in each gear.

I have already posted my opinion on the handling and brakes, but with the changes I have made, I am over the moon happy with the 1299. It has the look, the character and the outright berserk speed that I hoped it would have, way back when I put my deposit down on faith.

Any of you who want your bike to be truly unleashed at a reasonable price, with very little screwing around, you might want to try the package I (and a bunch of others on this forum) have done... Trust me, you will be happy.
You did all this by yourself or you took your bike to Ducati to get all this done? The problem is that i live in italy. And i don't trust the shops here so is there a way i can just go there and buy/order all these stuff from them and get them to install them? Even because i imagine that you will have to play around with the rapidbike and that's something I'm not good at. Plus will it make a difference using just the slipons or the whole full system? Thanks
Old Jan 17th 2016, 07:12 PM   #49

Originally Posted by banginpadr View Post
You did all this by yourself or you took your bike to Ducati to get all this done? The problem is that i live in italy. And i don't trust the shops here so is there a way i can just go there and buy/order all these stuff from them and get them to install them? Even because i imagine that you will have to play around with the rapidbike and that's something I'm not good at. Plus will it make a difference using just the slipons or the whole full system? Thanks
You don't need to do anything to the RapidBike, as it comes with a specific map for the 1299, you have to tell them what bike you have when you order the module.. You CAN play around and tune the RapidBike, if you want to, or need to, but it's not necessary.

Yes, you can just order from the USA if you want. Contact Yaman at RapidBike USA and he will be more than happy to talk to you about anything and EVERYTHNG to do with the RapidBike. Any even slightly competent shop should be able to install this stuff for you, or if you are slightly mechanical, YOU can install yourself, if you are willing to take the time to do it.

I'm not sure if anyone has done a back to back comparison of slipons vs. full system, but in any event, either will improve the 1299 considerably.

P.S. RapidBike is an Italian company whose headquarters are just down the street from Ducati HQ.
Old Jan 17th 2016, 11:51 PM   #50

I Ride: Ducati Panigale S Tricolore
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
Maybe a stupid question, but if the A/F ratio is controlled by the ECU...how does allowing more air through the airbox change what's happening in the engine?
He has a Rapid Bike Race module which has a autotune so it would tune his bike to correct the a/f ratio (since he gets more air the autotune will add more fuel to keep the correct a/f ratio). You can also change your ignition advance with it.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
happy, motorcycle

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.