Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree51Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 25th 2016, 04:58 AM   #71

I Ride: now;panigale 1299s before;yamaha R1 2006, R1 2008, R1 2012 bmc filter PCV full akra ohlins
Originally Posted by JHTmcrider View Post
^Guy, come on please do some reading:

http://ducati1299.com/mechanical-tec...rapidbike.html

We aren't building a space shuttle here.

Happy Modding!!
I did. If didn't i wouldn't be here asking. Like i said before... i went to Ducati got me a full akra and told them i want to install RB with it and a sprint p08 filter. They said they didn't know what rapidbike was so i told them, well i think that is just like PCV which i have in my R1 but here we are talking about Ducati. So he's only answer was well idk but don't worry this exhaust come with a thing that can map the bike and you won't need nothing also its call up-map...so since i don't know what is this fucking up-map i came here to ask, i mean is that really fucking hard to have a clear answer?! Nobody can be like: no bro up-map and RB are 2 different things once you get the full akra install just tell them to install RB and not the up-map, or just no bro up-map and RB can go along and you can just install RB in your bike after they install up-map. I mean this forum is to ask questions when you don't know the answers, it's more than obvious that im new to Ducati and bike world. It doesn't take a genius to see that. All im asking is for a simple answer if i couldn't find the answer in Google i wouldn't be here asking trust me. Because even if people can give you the answers is more fun to have guessing or tell you to go do searches.

Old Jan 25th 2016, 05:34 AM   #72

I Ride: '13 1199
Originally Posted by banginpadr View Post
I did. If didn't i wouldn't be here asking. Like i said before... i went to Ducati got me a full akra and told them i want to install RB with it and a sprint p08 filter. They said they didn't know what rapidbike was so i told them, well i think that is just like PCV which i have in my R1 but here we are talking about Ducati. So he's only answer was well idk but don't worry this exhaust come with a thing that can map the bike and you won't need nothing also its call up-map...so since i don't know what is this fucking up-map i came here to ask, i mean is that really fucking hard to have a clear answer?! Nobody can be like: no bro up-map and RB are 2 different things once you get the full akra install just tell them to install RB and not the up-map, or just no bro up-map and RB can go along and you can just install RB in your bike after they install up-map. I mean this forum is to ask questions when you don't know the answers, it's more than obvious that im new to Ducati and bike world. It doesn't take a genius to see that. All im asking is for a simple answer if i couldn't find the answer in Google i wouldn't be here asking trust me. Because even if people can give you the answers is more fun to have guessing or tell you to go do searches.
Did you read through the thread that was linked above? i mean the whole thread and not just post a comment on the thread??? the thread is a plethora of information regarding rapid bike, PCV and upmap that termi sells with their exhaust.

For the long and short of the answer because you do not clearly want to look up the info as all of us have discussed in great detail in that thread, you do not need the up-map if you get a rapid bike module. If you do however still want to use the upmap because well, you already paid for it, that is fine, install the rapid bike also and it will still work and work especially well on the ducati.

Is that the answer you were looking for? if you want to know why it does what it does and why its different then PCV and how it actually works, do what everyone has previously told you and look at the threads in detail THEN pose a question only afterwards. No one wants to keep answering the same lame questions over and over because someone doesnt know how to use the search function
Old Jan 25th 2016, 05:39 AM   #73

I Ride: 2012 1199 Pani S
The up-map for the Ducs is just a revised standard fuel map for the ECU to use. It will work better than the standard fuel map, but it is still just a non-adaptive/non-customised fuel map made for all 1299's, rather than one made for your specific 1299. It will generally work better than the standard.

If you buy the DP version of the Akra which comes with the up-map, then install it, but the up map is not worth paying extra for if you are going with a proper tune, PCV, Tuneboy, RapidBike or other solutions.

The Rapid Bike unit work with whatever fuel map is in the ECU, and uses the narrow band 02 sensors on your bike to slowly adjust the fueling to optimize the Air/Fuel ratio for your bike, so you will get a smoother bike after a few hundred km's of riding.

This is just my understanding of the systems and my opinion - others can probably chime in with more details
Old Jan 25th 2016, 10:25 AM   #74

I Ride: now;panigale 1299s before;yamaha R1 2006, R1 2008, R1 2012 bmc filter PCV full akra ohlins
Originally Posted by mordor View Post
The up-map for the Ducs is just a revised standard fuel map for the ECU to use. It will work better than the standard fuel map, but it is still just a non-adaptive/non-customised fuel map made for all 1299's, rather than one made for your specific 1299. It will generally work better than the standard.

If you buy the DP version of the Akra which comes with the up-map, then install it, but the up map is not worth paying extra for if you are going with a proper tune, PCV, Tuneboy, RapidBike or other solutions.

The Rapid Bike unit work with whatever fuel map is in the ECU, and uses the narrow band 02 sensors on your bike to slowly adjust the fueling to optimize the Air/Fuel ratio for your bike, so you will get a smoother bike after a few hundred km's of riding.

This is just my understanding of the systems and my opinion - others can probably chime in with more details
Thank you bro very helpful. This what i wanted to know. To be honest they didn't say i have to pay for the up-map so they just told me all i need to buy is akrap and they will add this. This was the answer i was looking for. So after i get the bike back from Ducati maybe next week i will just go to bologna buy the RB, install have the bike dyno. And post some pictures.
Thanks from Phl
Old Jan 25th 2016, 10:30 AM   #75

Originally Posted by lamb00j View Post
Did you read through the thread that was linked above? i mean the whole thread and not just post a comment on the thread??? the thread is a plethora of information regarding rapid bike, PCV and upmap that termi sells with their exhaust.

For the long and short of the answer because you do not clearly want to look up the info as all of us have discussed in great detail in that thread, you do not need the up-map if you get a rapid bike module. If you do however still want to use the upmap because well, you already paid for it, that is fine, install the rapid bike also and it will still work and work especially well on the ducati.

Is that the answer you were looking for? if you want to know why it does what it does and why its different then PCV and how it actually works, do what everyone has previously told you and look at the threads in detail THEN pose a question only afterwards. No one wants to keep answering the same lame questions over and over because someone doesnt know how to use the search function
Thank you for the answer. This is what i wanted to know. If i can just add the RB to the bike even after they installed the upmap. To be honest im not paying for it so i will still have it done then i will add the RB
Old Jan 25th 2016, 10:41 AM   #76

I Ride: 2014 1199S
That's why we asked without cussing or trying to be disrespectful for you to read the entire posting.

Also, when I suggested you use Google was not an insult to your intelligence either. Heck, I don't know exactly what the Upmap does either, but I can at least search for it as well.

We have been kind and tried to point you in the right direction: Ducati Up Map ?? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

Perhaps you could have started a new thread instead of putting the seemingly easy to answer question in this thread? Also. I wouldn't waste any more money on the Upmap is you do the RB Module. Just my .02 cents.

Best of luck to you! Cheers man!
Thanks from banginpadr
Old Jan 25th 2016, 10:53 AM   #77

Originally Posted by JHTmcrider View Post
That's why we asked without cussing or trying to be disrespectful for you to read the entire posting.

Also, when I suggested you use Google was not an insult to your intelligence either. Heck, I don't know exactly what the Upmap does either, but I can at least search for it as well.

We have been kind and tried to point you in the right direction: Ducati Up Map ?? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

Perhaps you could have started a new thread instead of putting the seemingly easy to answer question in this thread? Also. I wouldn't waste any more money on the Upmap is you do the RB Module. Just my .02 cents.

Best of luck to you! Cheers man!
I did but nothing came as clear as these 2 answers. But like i said I'm not paying for the up-map. Im paying 3700 euros for the full akra plus 300 for mounting it and adjusting the suspensions to my weight. They are not making me pay for the up map, so that's why i let them install it. I live in Rome, maybe is different here and they don't make you pay for it. My questions about the RB is because it cost much, plus i will have to travel to northern Italy to get it. So i just wanted to be sure of what i was doing before paying for it.☺
Old Jan 25th 2016, 11:58 AM   #78

I Ride: Ducati Panigale S Tricolore
Originally Posted by banginpadr View Post
But like i said I'm not paying for the up-map.☺
I would install the upmaps just to have "RACE EVO" on my startup screen. If money is a consideration then it would appear that the RapidBike module would be the answer. If capabilities were the issue PCV with autotune and ignition modules would have been the answer.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 08:07 PM   #79

Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
I would install the upmaps just to have "RACE EVO" on my startup screen. If money is a consideration then it would appear that the RapidBike module would be the answer. If capabilities were the issue PCV with autotune and ignition modules would have been the answer.
Lol bro we are having the same thought. There is nothing better as having those letters on your screen. So I'm getting the upmaps, rb racing, sprint p08. I keep hearing people saying that rb is better than pcv on these bikes
Old Jan 25th 2016, 08:32 PM   #80

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
If you purchased the DP akrapovic instead of the Evo akrapovic, you have already paid for the upmap. There is no upmap for the evo akrapovic, which is one of the reasons why the DP akrapovic costs more. It's part of the purchase price.
Thanks from banginpadr

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
happy, motorcycle

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.