Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree75Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 19th 2016, 07:55 PM   #121

My bike perpetually turns off I'm looking for any any understanding with this matter. I don't want to get hurt and be in an accident or an ambulance or in a hospital I feel that I'm entitled to a full refund on everything sevice contracts and all signed contracts this is too much grief and it's uncalled for and unduly and unfair. The bike was not discounted it should be $7,000 instead of $31,000 and the $8,000 service contract and other motorcycle services that are non transferable when I get another bike. This is non sense still looking for solutions worth mentioning in the Los Angeles area I don't always want to sound like I'm always complaining but this is ridiculous you can't even get a service manual for the. 1299S on a pdf format or a cd or DVD or a download to fix perpetual problems with the bike and the bike slips out of neutral into 2nd gear spasmodically. Ducati has no videos to fix the problems with this bike and is numb with an elite social engineering mechanical engineering systemic problem with no foresight and it's reputation is a hoax and so is its value if you can't fix a simple problem and refuse to cooperate with its customers and has a social disconnect mentality. Any suggestions worth mentioning please call 323-786-0135.
Looking for any understanding with my grievances and complaints:
https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...9-ecb8b7ead58d

Old Nov 19th 2016, 11:28 PM   #122

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Sell it
Old Nov 21st 2016, 04:38 PM   #123

I Ride: 2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S and 2016 Harley Davidson Breakout
Bad news today guys: they can't reproduce the fault (engine shut off when clutch is pulled manually by a rider) so both our bikes will come back to us after 2 weeks at being with the dealership not rectified.

Ducati head office denied knowledge of this fault we are having with any of their customer database. Basically they are saying they have never heard of this problem with any other customers - they are basically accusing us of lying

I have sent videos of this problem captured on GoPro - they said they have seen the videos but because they can't reproduce this fault on both of our bikes there is nothing they could do after 2 weeks of vigorous testing by the service department.

I have told them about this forum and this thread but they refused to even come here to read about it.

My conclusion is we are riding on a death trap time bomb waiting to die if our engine cuts off while we are riding it at the wrong place and the wrong time ...

Here is the video of the engine shutting off when i use the clutch manually.

Last edited by Alpha Male; Nov 21st 2016 at 06:15 PM.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 12:23 AM   #124
jbs

I Ride: '16 Panigale R
Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
Ducati head office denied knowledge of this fault we are having with any of their customer database. Basically they are saying they have never heard of this problem with any other customers ...
This is actually the biggest slap in the face. The internet is full of testimonials of this fault happening and all dealerships supposedly never heard of it...
the client then gets send back home with the issue unresolved and feeling let down. Disappointing indeed.
Thanks from Alpha Male
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 12:58 AM   #125

I Ride: 2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S and 2016 Harley Davidson Breakout
Originally Posted by jbs View Post
This is actually the biggest slap in the face. The internet is full of testimonials of this fault happening and all dealerships supposedly never heard of it...
the client then gets send back home with the issue unresolved and feeling let down. Disappointing indeed.
Buying premium brand bikes does not give us protection for globalism if they wont fix it i will get rid of this bike and buy a Yamaha R1
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 05:45 AM   #126

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S -
Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
Bad news today guys: they can't reproduce the fault (engine shut off when clutch is pulled manually by a rider) so both our bikes will come back to us after 2 weeks at being with the dealership not rectified.

Ducati head office denied knowledge of this fault we are having with any of their customer database. Basically they are saying they have never heard of this problem with any other customers - they are basically accusing us of lying

I have sent videos of this problem captured on GoPro - they said they have seen the videos but because they can't reproduce this fault on both of our bikes there is nothing they could do after 2 weeks of vigorous testing by the service department.

I have told them about this forum and this thread but they refused to even come here to read about it.

My conclusion is we are riding on a death trap time bomb waiting to die if our engine cuts off while we are riding it at the wrong place and the wrong time ...

Here is the video of the engine shutting off when i use the clutch manually.

Welcome to my world! Ducati will not help you.. The dealer cannot get any help from the factory unless a code is thrown..There is something in the ECU or wiring that causes the problem downstream from the ECU..Even though the computer the dealer uses does not throw any codes the bike WILL STILL DIE ON YOU. Mine has in the middle of an intersection three different times in the last year... I don't ride mine much.. it is a beautiful thing to look at but after throwing over $33K at it, it still runs like crap...
The sad thing is I believe Ducati ( the actual manufacturer) cannot fix their own bikes so they resort to just playing like it isn't happening.. I will never purchase another Ducati... My 1299S @ is flat out DANGEROUS to ride.
Speedy
Thanks from Alpha Male
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 06:32 AM   #127

Originally Posted by speedy14 View Post
Welcome to my world! Ducati will not help you.. The dealer cannot get any help from the factory unless a code is thrown..There is something in the ECU or wiring that causes the problem downstream from the ECU..Even though the computer the dealer uses does not throw any codes the bike WILL STILL DIE ON YOU. Mine has in the middle of an intersection three different times in the last year... I don't ride mine much.. it is a beautiful thing to look at but after throwing over $33K at it, it still runs like crap...
The sad thing is I believe Ducati ( the actual manufacturer) cannot fix their own bikes so they resort to just playing like it isn't happening.. I will never purchase another Ducati... My 1299S @ is flat out DANGEROUS to ride.
Speedy
Have you tried running the bike w/ the QS turned off like the OP suggests in this thread: http://ducati1299.com/ducati-1299/27...-slammed.html?

Would help narrow down the problem if it did.

Problem with me is it happens so infrequently (once, maybe twice a month), its hard to run a test. But for those, like you, for whom this problem is chronic...it'd be a good intel to see if it works.
Thanks from Alpha Male
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 07:36 AM   #128

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S -
The Quick shifter has nothing to do with my bikes problems.. It will sometimes die just sitting there idlying.. It also has a bad habit of dying on me when I first start taking off from a parking lot etc.. That make whomever it happen to look like a squid that doesn't know how to ride..

Mine does it intermittently also so there is no way to catch it when it is doing it to prove to the dealer. Although once while working on it, it did die on the mechanic at Ducati while just sitting there running in the shop..

I removed the carbon canister and it seemed to help a little but it still dies on me.
Mine also has NEVER run smoothly below 5000 rpm it buck and kicks like it wants to stall most of the time.. Even at 70 mph at steady throttle it surges.. just not much fun to ride.. Financial-wise I am buried in it..... I will be lucky to get even half of what I have in it. Even the dealer that sold it to me would not give me even half of what I paid for it on a trade in!! I am just hoping that they will finally come out with a bulletin from Ducati with a fix.. If not, I am just stuck with a beautiful looking bike that runs like a turd in town..** It is still great on the track when you are on the throttle most of the time but around town it is the pitts..
Many on this site have said that I am just a complainer Yada yada yada .. Well now it looks like others are having the same issues so for all of you out there that think we complain too much all I have to say is BITE ME!

Speedy
Thanks from Alpha Male

Last edited by speedy14; Nov 22nd 2016 at 07:39 AM.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 07:53 AM   #129

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
If there is somebody in Switzerland having the same problem, contact me. I've setup a data logging rig. Thing must be installed on the bike, it logs ecu parameters and QS and clutch switch status. It triggers logging on engine shutdown. I think that this way it could be proven that the problem is QS/clutch related or not.
Thanks from Indiana Jones and loki99er
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 08:19 AM   #130

I Ride: Panigale 1299 (base) Panigale 1199 sold, MultiPP&scrambler-sold,DVT multi 1200,use of MT09sp,gxsr750
Wish I lived near you ! Well done

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299s, shutting

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.