Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree75Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 12:49 PM   #131

I Ride: 2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S and 2016 Harley Davidson Breakout
Hey guys if we collate this problem from all of us here and make a website to appeal to everyone to step forward with this problem could we bring a law suit against Ducati and force a total recall on the Panigale until it's fixed?

Both of my Panigale dies when i pull the clutch !!!

Old Nov 24th 2016, 01:14 AM   #132

Ok any suggestions whenever I take1299s to th dealer :del Amo Motorsports in Redondo Beach, CA or Westlake Ducati in Thousand Oaks, CA they state they can't recreate the problem of my bike shutting down when I feather the clutch and slow down for a turn or in stop in go traffic or when I get ready to stop. I think it's a hoax when I bring my bike to the dealership and they tell me anything and don't fix the problems of my. 1299s shutting down and the bike slipping out of neutral into 2nd gear and squeezing the clutch all the way down just to get the bike in gear. I feel Ducati has a bad reputation with it's dealers because they refuse to cooperate with me and I figured out they are lying to me. I have been riding bikes since 1984 and this is non Sence whatever the dealership is telling me I don't trust the dealership or the mechanics and it's a scam. I think they're a mafia network of dealers and mechanics and they're full of bull. I should not have to struggle explaining to the mechanics what is wrong with my bike,struggle is unnatural. Ducati and they're dealerships are playing games with me. They have no values or integrity. Looking for suggestions. Please call me at 323-786-0135
Old Nov 24th 2016, 05:15 AM   #133
jbs

I Ride: '16 Panigale R
I wouldn't go as far as calling them a mafia network, but it is clear that they don't know what is causing the shutting offs. By they, I mean the dealerships. I'm sure they are well aware of the problem and prefer to play ignorant, knowing that the fault can't be reproduced at will. That way, they don't have to find other excuses as to why they don't know what is happening.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ducati knew about this design flaw and that a worlwide recall would simply be too expensive.
Btw was this also happening to 1199's?
Old Nov 24th 2016, 06:45 PM   #134

My dealer (Fraser Motorcycles Dianella) are freaking good to me I am so lucky - they would bend over backward to help me out - there have been a few times where they didn't even charge me a cent for doing work on my bike (non major work just easy to install mods but i didn't have the tools to do it myself so they did it for me and didn't charge me a cent).

To be fair the dealers can't do anything unless Ducati head office gives the OK because it costs money to ship the parts as well as having them installed by qualified mechanics.

They couldn't replicate the fault but they are trying their hardest i know that much.
Thanks from alliskr

Last edited by Alpha Male; Nov 24th 2016 at 11:01 PM.
Old Nov 25th 2016, 01:10 AM   #135
jbs

I Ride: '16 Panigale R
Why are so many dealerships then claiming that they haven't heard of this issue before, in all these years?
Old Nov 25th 2016, 02:09 AM   #136

I Ride: Panigale 1299 (base) Panigale 1199 sold, MultiPP&scrambler-sold,DVT multi 1200,use of MT09sp,gxsr750
Never happened on my 1199. To be fair to the dealers it is very difficult because it happens on mine every now and again. I haven't used the bike much I need to have a day off work when weather is ok and go for a 250 mile run and then we will see. My etc Nellie at cornerspeed has asked said drop bike off and we'll take a look.
Old Nov 25th 2016, 02:40 AM   #137

I Ride: 2015 1299 Panigale
Stick a sniffer up it's arse, and you will see what's causing shut offs. Emission regulations forces the maps to be crazy lean in low load/low rpm situations. Combined with a low rotating mass, any lean surge in these conditions will lead to the engine stalling.
Thanks from Ty1967
Old Nov 25th 2016, 03:11 AM   #138

I Ride: Every Ducati I can get my hands on
This one seems to be running fine..... https://www.facebook.com/michele.bur...7837163061795/
Thanks from MMC
Old Nov 25th 2016, 11:22 PM   #139

I Ride: 1299 Panigale, 1198S Corse SE
Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
Stick a sniffer up it's arse, and you will see what's causing shut offs. Emission regulations forces the maps to be crazy lean in low load/low rpm situations. Combined with a low rotating mass, any lean surge in these conditions will lead to the engine stalling.
My wife has been having this shut off problem since she got her new 1299. Mine runs perfect. We don't think it has anything to do with the downshifter because it shuts off at low speeds without her touching the clutch or shifting. She also had a new motor installed (but not the throttle body) and the problem was still there after. Our mechanic told us exactly what TurboLag said. They are going to readjust the throttle valves and try to get it to run a bit richer. The mechanic also said that if you go off the gas and the throttle flaps don't close completely, it's like tossing a shot glass of gas into the cylinder and it dies. If it still shuts down after this adjustment, we are going to trade it in... it's only 4 months old and was in the shop 5 times already for different problems.
Thanks from Alpha Male
Old Nov 26th 2016, 02:46 AM   #140

Originally Posted by Ty1967 View Post
My wife has been having this shut off problem since she got her new 1299. Mine runs perfect. We don't think it has anything to do with the downshifter because it shuts off at low speeds without her touching the clutch or shifting. She also had a new motor installed (but not the throttle body) and the problem was still there after. Our mechanic told us exactly what TurboLag said. They are going to readjust the throttle valves and try to get it to run a bit richer. The mechanic also said that if you go off the gas and the throttle flaps don't close completely, it's like tossing a shot glass of gas into the cylinder and it dies. If it still shuts down after this adjustment, we are going to trade it in... it's only 4 months old and was in the shop 5 times already for different problems.
We got the exact same problem but also the engine shuts off when down shifting and sometimes just idling at traffic lights.

We've already planning to get rid of the Panigale(s) for something much more reliable. It is a shame though the Panigale is the most sexiest bike on Earth.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299s, shutting

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.