Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree74Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 5th 2016, 11:17 AM   #71

Oh when my 899 was acting up and stallling out perpetually for 1 year and 1 month due to clutch related problems they said don't over fill gas tank so I never top off the gas tank when I pump the gas at the gas station the pump automatically stops when the sensor says tank is full. Do I have to climb a waterfall or go upstream to fill a gas tank? Is it ok to just go with the flow and naturally let the gas pump stop automatically like everyone else does? Or do I have have tobtreat

Last edited by andrebolla; Nov 5th 2016 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Amendment

Old Nov 5th 2016, 11:18 AM   #72

To treat the gas tank like a special needs person or disabled person?
Old Nov 5th 2016, 11:22 AM   #73

Been there done that with the gas tank and been there done that Ducati of North America and westlake Ducati dealer and Beverley Hills Ducati and Del Amo Motorsports in Redondo Beach California
Old Nov 5th 2016, 11:23 AM   #74

1299S log 11/4/16
Bike always stops when you get back on it after it has cooled off about 115 f you are going into neutral and getting ready to stop. Westlake Ducati couldn't find problem after you drove in traffic for about 2 hours about 43 mph to said break in at 600 miles they checked charcoal said it's ok and gas tank breathes ok and they didn't check blinkers to see if it would go off after driving with it on accidentally
Feel the mechanics are full of bullshit they act like you never had anything new before or v twin bike I told them I had a SV 1200 Suzuki it just had a battery problem because they installed lo jack on it. Bike stalled on the 10fwy when going into the the 110 fwy ramp by the la convention center
Was going to the vet center at goodwill on San Fernando road and fletcher road off. 2 fwy
Ducati dealer is full of bulahit bike has 286 miles on it I have have bought 2 brand new ninja bikes ZX 14 and 10r and used. Zx14 with 400 miles on it and numerous other Japanese bikes Suzuki and Honda bikes and this is a Ducati systemic problem disavowed by Ducati culture and dismissed like a Mission Impossible TV series like the dodge jeep Cherokee denial and killing of the star Trek movie star still looking for solutions in Los Angles CA
Old Nov 5th 2016, 11:51 AM   #75

Oh please call me at 323-786-0135 or email me at andrebolla@hotmail.com for more suggestions. Again thanks in advice for your concerns, and suggestions and ways to verify and confirm grievances with video tape and solutions on video tape. Have not been there done that with video grievances and solutions about my Ducati 1299 s concerns
Old Nov 5th 2016, 02:06 PM   #76

Maybe spasmodic perpetually complete shut of 1299s Resolved

Again thank you for everything I don't want to seem like I'm perpetually filing a grievances or complaints but someone suggested that I put motor on high. However this person was talking in code they meant to say change from wet mode into race mode which is what I did today at about 2pm and the 1299s did not malfunction like it usually does in the perpetual pattern of stopping when the bike is cooled off after resting for at least 3 hours or after the last start up. I really want to close my case and grievances with Ducati of North America and the Ducati dealers Westlake Ducati, Redondo Beach Ducati Del Amo Motor Sport, and Beverly Hills Ducati. But so far so good hopefully when I take the 1299 S for a ride in the early morning like 6:30 am or 2:30pm or 8:30pm or wherever I want to just be free and care free about when I ride and worrying about the 1299s just having a complete shut down without any warnings and just enjoy the ride without any grief whatsoever and no more nightmares. It's a hung jury until the next couple of rides. Again thanks for the suggestions.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 02:16 PM   #77

Oh I read in the owners manual that the blinker will turn itself off if you became distracted and left the blinker on by accident for a certain distance or time. Is this a hoax? In the 1299s owners manual ? Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts of this actually working or how it works it appears I'm an ignorant man or this feature in the 1299s owners manual is a hoax? For whatever reason it appears to be hype and propaganda. Does anyone out there feel this is just a gimmick that really doesn't work and it's not worth mentioning in the owners manual? Again thanks in advance for everything
Thanks from Alpha Male
Old Nov 5th 2016, 04:49 PM   #78

I Ride: 2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S and 2016 Harley Davidson Breakout
We had same problem with one of our Panis - when we pull the clutch sometimes the bike power and electrical would all shut off at once

The Dealership can't fix it because they can't replicate this fault !!!
Old Nov 6th 2016, 07:37 PM   #79

I Ride: Panigale 1299 (base) Panigale 1199 sold, MultiPP&scrambler-sold,DVT multi 1200,use of MT09sp,gxsr750
Mine is 3 months old and has done this half a dozen times. I pull clutch in to change down usually and engine cuts. It starts straight back up no problems. It's disconcerting, has about 1800 miles on since new.tech is aware has someone else with same prob , must get it looked at
Thanks from Alpha Male
Old Nov 6th 2016, 10:55 PM   #80

I Ride: 1299 Panigale
Originally Posted by The Duchess of Desmo View Post
Mine is 3 months old and has done this half a dozen times. I pull clutch in to change down usually and engine cuts. It starts straight back up no problems. It's disconcerting, has about 1800 miles on since new.tech is aware has someone else with same prob , must get it looked at

Does it happen only when the bike is still cold or anytime?
Check idle speed, the idling is quite high around 1600 to 1700rpm.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299s, shutting

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.