Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree66Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 24th 2016, 09:33 PM   #1

Heat , insane heat.

So I was going to buy a 1299s about 3 months ago but didn't as the test ride proved the bike HOT.
Went the German route.
My heart still longs for the pani !
So I test rode one again last week, in about 85 to 90 degree temps.
At first it seemed ok. But as it heat soaked the intense heat came.
At 30 mph it was insane. At 60 mph it was damn hot. at 100mph you can still feel it. Less but still there.
Rode in one piece leathers.
So here's the question......
Will a tuneboy or rapidbike enrichen the fueling enough to drop the heat generated .?
Is there really a cure ? I have read all I can on the forum and all I get is improvements . Has anyone here got to a point of saying, screw it, and sold after trying to fix it ?
Reason I ask is because I really like the bike. The looks, the sound, the power delivery etc etc are just perfect to me. I don't even have a problem with the fueling at part throttle.
But that heat.
It's just INSANE !!!!!!!
Thanks from oalvarez

Old Jan 24th 2016, 09:44 PM   #2

I Ride: current: 15' panigale 1299 past: 07' R1, 92' GSXR 1100
I've now owned the bike for 6 months, and have almost 7k miles on it. I have 0 complaints about the bikes "heat issue" i ride it daily to and from work and through canyons etc etc, if I leave the house... It's on my panigale... But for the few people with this magical INSANE heat issued the carbon fiber heat shield for the under seat exhaust I heard and read is gods gift to panigale owners! When I first did my research on the bike before I bought it I looked into this heat issue and sure enough everyone is bitching about it so I looked into a solution before it was even a problem for me. And come to find out there has literally only bee 3-5 times to where I was like HOLLY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING INSANE HOT!!! And that only lasted for about 15-45 seconds. Other than those extremely rare times I've ridden the damn bike in shorts for Christ sake and no problem at all so I'm not really understanding where this giant global heat issue comes from
Thanks from JonT and Steve NZ
Old Jan 24th 2016, 09:57 PM   #3

I Ride: '15 Panigale 1299S, '15 Triumph 675R, '14 Honda Grom, '13 Aprilia RSV4, '10 Yamaha R6, '06 Yamaha R1
Originally Posted by OKVpanigale1299 View Post
I've ridden the damn bike in shorts for Christ sake and no problem at all so I'm not really understanding where this giant global heat issue comes from
You should feel proud. The level at which the heat affects a rider is 100% dependent on the size of the vagina on the rider. So if the heat doesn't bother you, then you either have a really small vagina, or you are completely vaginaless.

So because the heat doesn't bother you, you should feel blessed and proud of your manhood.
Thanks from wfoduck, wilkson, gramps and 7 others
Old Jan 24th 2016, 11:23 PM   #4
SPJ

i think the full Akra with the carbon shield reduces the heat a bit but I don't think it's the miracle cure you are looking for. I've never found the heat a problem, I think it's partly down to the rider and dependent on the type of riding you do. As its an issue for you I'd suggest sticking with the BMW.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 12:08 AM   #5

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
Full akra doesn't help. Some folks will tell u it makes a world of difference but they're full of shit. The seat gets hot as hell. I've put reflective heat tape under the seat which helped a tiny bit but it's still hot.

No, there is no "cure." The folks who say the bike doesn't get hot are in complete denial or they don't ride in stop n go traffic at all....ever. They stay above 100mph at all times, even when turning left or right.

I can't speak for rapidbike or any other tuning solution that may or may not help drop it a couple of degrees but the bottom line is, if you ride it in the street and the weather is over 60F, expect the bike to get hot. Is it tolerable? Now that's a question you can only ask yourself to get an answer. For me personally, this is by far the hottest bike I've owned, although my cbr gets ridiculously hot in stop n go traffic too in mid summer. Only way I wouldn't own or ride my Panigale is if I was literally at risk of catching fire. Mid summer or not, stop n go traffic or riding fast....I'll deal with it just for the sake of saying I own the sexiest lookin bike out there.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 12:44 AM   #6

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Can't complain about 1299... Compared to first 1199 without engine cover or bigger exhaust cover
Thanks from Steve NZ
Old Jan 25th 2016, 01:39 AM   #7

I Ride: Panigale 1299
I had the snip 15 years ago......I do not care if it boils my balls.

Just get off and look at it!!!!!! ( the bike I mean)

Sooo soooo pretty.....and great to ride..

I rode today and it was 33 degrees Celcuis ambient yeah its warm at slow speeds.... I wear Covex jeans or leathers and yes you can feel it but it is not intolerable....
Old Jan 25th 2016, 01:46 AM   #8

I Ride: Ducati Panigale S Tricolore
Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
So I was going to buy a 1299s about 3 months ago but didn't as the test ride proved the bike HOT.
Went the German route.
My heart still longs for the pani !
So I test rode one again last week, in about 85 to 90 degree temps.
At first it seemed ok. But as it heat soaked the intense heat came.
At 30 mph it was insane. At 60 mph it was damn hot. at 100mph you can still feel it. Less but still there.
Rode in one piece leathers.
So here's the question......
Will a tuneboy or rapidbike enrichen the fueling enough to drop the heat generated .?
Is there really a cure ? I have read all I can on the forum and all I get is improvements . Has anyone here got to a point of saying, screw it, and sold after trying to fix it ?
Reason I ask is because I really like the bike. The looks, the sound, the power delivery etc etc are just perfect to me. I don't even have a problem with the fueling at part throttle.
But that heat.
It's just INSANE !!!!!!!
I had my full Termignonis ceramic coated inside and out and am using the cf heat shield (second generation) without the steel inner. Heat is much less of an issue than it used to be.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 02:51 AM   #9

I Ride: 2013 Panigale 1199S
It's strange for me. Sometimes it's fine, other times I have to check and see if my leg is engulfed in flames.

Riding a Panigale is the equivalent of a woman wearing 5" stilettos - it's painful, but goddamn it's beautiful.
Thanks from gramps
Old Jan 25th 2016, 03:43 AM   #10

I Ride: 1299S
My theory is there is a area where there is very little airflow caused by the riders legs. like a wake in a wind turbine the riders legs block the airflow creating a very hot backdraft. Or a pocket of hot air.

So what i do if I feel any heat is move my knees away from the bike for a few seconds, this lets the heat out.

I would guess the size of the rider plays a big part in this .

overall I have never thought the heat was that unbearable and when it is cold outside..... warmth is welcome .
Thanks from cmh210 and Steve NZ

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
heat, insane

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.