Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree2Thanks
  • 2 Post By Whoopazz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 19th 2016, 09:31 PM   #1

I Ride: 2016 Panigale 1299
Added the Shift Tech Carbon fiber subframe brackets

I was watching a video on youtube. This one guy added Shift Techs carbon fiber subframe brackets to stop the heat from burning his inner thighs. Dude was from Texas. Said the heat was so bad his inner thighs were red and he needed to ice them down and they were red. I felt the heat as well but wasnt that bad since its been in the mid fifties to sixties but I can only imagine what it will feel like in 80 to 90 degree weather. I mounted them the other day and let them cure with the silicone they provided. Took the bike out today and of course was stuck in queens brooklyn traffic on the Belt parkway coming from Long Island. After 5 mins I just white lined at about 35-45mph. It was 65 degrees like yesterday but I didnt feel any heat what so ever. My ass was a bit warm and I have the carbon fiber exhaust cover that comes standard on the 1299R. I heard that helps a lot too since its wrapped with a heat shield on the inside just like the subframe covers. At this time I give 2 thumbs up on the subframe covers and will do the install on the exhaust cover under the seat either this weekend or next week. From what I hear its a bitch to do since either the exhaust has to be dropped or the subframe needs to come off. So this will be a fun/not so fun project. Or I can get 2 of my mechanic friends to do this for me with a 24 case of budlight, funny green cigarettes and a few heros lol. Ill post my findings on the undertail carbon fiber exhaust cover which i bought from Ducati of Omaha for a good price. But at this time I do recommend those shift tech subframe covers. Easy install. Just glue them on with the silicone they provided.

Old Apr 19th 2016, 09:38 PM   #2

I Ride: 1299
Two things....

1. You have a 1199R

B. No clue what heat problems you're referring to...
Thanks from Phl and b9009b
Old Apr 19th 2016, 10:27 PM   #3

I Ride: 1299S, Multistrada Granturismo, Monster 796 ABS, BMW S1000RR
I've had to ice down the back of my right thigh, after getting red from the heat. Riding a Panigale in the South during the summer is a bitch. Why else would I have gone through so much work in reducing how much heat hits my ass and legs?

to the OP - with the right tools (3/8" torx sex among other things) flipping the subframe upwards to do the heat shield is a piece of cake. Tank can come off in 2-3 minutes. Don't REMOVE the subframe, just take out the lower two bolts, loosen the top two, then rotate the entire swingarm upwards. Tighten the top two screws to hold the whole thing in place and then have at it.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 02:59 PM   #4

That's great to hear. I've got a set on order now.

Crazy to me that there are guys on this forum that will flat out deny that this bike runs hot, because it definitely does...

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
added, brackets, carbon, fiber, shift, subframe, tech