Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree4Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6th 2016, 10:21 AM   #1

1299 Dash Replacement Question

My 1299 was in to the dealer for a minor, slow fluid leak under warranty - just a loose clamp, no big deal, the bike has otherwise been perfect. However when cleaning it up prior to me collecting it after the fix they managed to spray so much liquid wax cleaner on the screen that some has dripped down on the inside of the dash screen and the drips / streaks can't be removed.

A new ticket has been started with Ducati for a warranty replacement. Although I am annoyed the dealer caused this, the dash should be able to resist moisture ingress like this. If I had washed the bike or it had been out in the rain the same thing would have probably happened.

Anyway, when the 1199 was having the fogging issues I read that the mileage was reset to zero with a new dash. Is this still the case with the 1299? A couple of guys at the dealer independently said that the mileage was stored in the ECU and the mileage would be retained with the new dash but they were not 100% sure.

Any definitive answers on this?

Thanks in advance.

Old May 8th 2016, 12:10 AM   #2

I Ride: 1299s
My dash display is being replaced on Wednesday under warranty so ill let you know.
Thanks from br8vhrt
Old May 8th 2016, 02:58 AM   #3

I Ride: 1299
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
My dash display is being replaced on Wednesday under warranty so ill let you know.
What happened to yours jonny. Mine had fluid from the clutch reservoir mark it yet ducati is refusing to warrant it
Old May 8th 2016, 07:01 AM   #4

I Ride: 1199 Panigale
Welcome to my world. In my early 2013 production bike, the mileage is stored in the dash, on the 2014+ models its stored in the BBS. On my bike they couldn't reset it, and I am still mad as hell they didn't tell me this before they swapped it. On the later models they can rewrite it when they link it to the 20k dollar Ducati laptop software.

So, yes, they can match your mileage.

NOLA
Thanks from b9009b and Jonny
Old May 8th 2016, 07:42 AM   #5

I Ride: 998R & Panigale R
Originally Posted by onthegaz View Post
What happened to yours jonny. Mine had fluid from the clutch reservoir mark it yet ducati is refusing to warrant it
My 2016 R dash got melted spots, replace under warranty. Km:s stay same.
Thanks from Jonny
Old May 8th 2016, 09:34 AM   #6

Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
Welcome to my world. In my early 2013 production bike, the mileage is stored in the dash, on the 2014+ models its stored in the BBS. On my bike they couldn't reset it, and I am still mad as hell they didn't tell me this before they swapped it. On the later models they can rewrite it when they link it to the 20k dollar Ducati laptop software.

So, yes, they can match your mileage.

NOLA
Thank goodness for that. I absolutely love this bike and would be really annoyed if the dealer screwed it up. Sorry that you had these issues and thanks for the info.
Old May 8th 2016, 09:44 AM   #7

I Ride: 1199 Panigale
Par for the course.

But the bike officially went up for sale today. Sad to see it go, but its time for a new one.
I will post it up on here later in the week. Local sale first.

NOLA
Old May 8th 2016, 10:11 AM   #8

I Ride: 1299s
A hairline crack appeared on the screen. Its the strangest thing as its hard to figure out how it happened , as it wasn't there when I cleaned it and put the cover on it but when I removed the cover a few weeks later it was literally the first thing I noticed, I mean you cant miss it! However DUCATI came back saying they would replace it under warranty.

Onthegaz How did clutch fluid get on the screen?
Old May 8th 2016, 04:54 PM   #9

I Ride: 1299
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
A hairline crack appeared on the screen. Its the strangest thing as its hard to figure out how it happened , as it wasn't there when I cleaned it and put the cover on it but when I removed the cover a few weeks later it was literally the first thing I noticed, I mean you cant miss it! However DUCATI came back saying they would replace it under warranty.

Onthegaz How did clutch fluid get on the screen?
the clutch master cylinder reservoir cap did not seal from what I could see(reservoir was full to the brim and the bracket that holds it on the 1299 is on quite an angle). Small amount has come out while riding and small amounts found its way to the dash. Have since bent the bracket to a better angle and taken half the fluid from the reservoir. The thing is, Ducati are not going to fix it, which has left me a bit disappointed.
Old May 8th 2016, 10:16 PM   #10

I Ride: '16 Pani R, 1098R Bayliss, KTM1090R.
the clutch master cylinder reservoir cap did not seal from what I could see(reservoir was full to the brim and the bracket that holds it on the 1299 is on quite an angle). Small amount has come out while riding and small amounts found its way to the dash. Have since bent the bracket to a better angle and taken half the fluid from the reservoir. The thing is, Ducati are not going to fix it, which has left me a bit disappointed.
Its possible that this is the dealer saying no without even speaking to Ducati.
I had the same thing from the front brake reservoir. It luckily missed the dash, but the screen was a mess. Screen was renewed without the slightest argument.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, dash, question, replacement