Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15th 2016, 02:47 AM   #1

I Ride: '15 Panigale 1299S, '15 Triumph 675R, '14 Honda Grom, '13 Aprilia RSV4, '10 Yamaha R6, '06 Yamaha R1
QS only works at lower RPM's...and only upshift

The first race weekend the bike was fine. Between the 1st and 2nd race weekends, Livengood (my tuner/builder/chief/everything guy) took it back to his shop. The only things that changed were the rear sprocket and the YouTune module was added. He went into the forks to make some changes and changed oil/filter, but that wouldn't have had anything to do with it.

When I got the bike back, the QS stopped working. It will upshift via the QS going down hotpit and as I am first merging on the track, but once up to speed it stops working. And it never works on downshift, regardless of speed/RPMs.

May or may not be related, but in addition to the QS issue, after about 2-3 laps the Check Engine light comes on. However the 2 issues don't happen at the same time (the CE light doesn't coincide with the shifter malfunction). The bike runs great, pulls hard, sounds fine, etc...but the CE light comes on after 2-3 laps.

Anybody have any ideas on the QS? Why would it work fine one weekend, then not the next? And why would it work fine at lower RPMs/speeds, then stop working once up to speed? And why would it only work on upshift?

He unplugged the YouTune module but it made no difference. The module was only added for Launch Control, the QS port/capabilities aren't being utilized, so it had nothing to do with that.

Could the QS sensor be bad?

I just realized the Calibration procedure wasn't done after the sprocket was changed, is there any way that could have anything to do with either issue (CE light or shifter)?

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
lower, rpmand, upshift, works