Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree22Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 17th 2016, 01:16 PM   #31

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S - 2013 Kawasaki ZX14R and 2011 ZX10R (Track Bike)
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
Its all fun and games until everything terminates into a couple of circuit boards permanently encased in epoxy. You get an intermittent fault caused by temp,vibration etc that is totally random and they will never ever find it. The ECUs are total throw aways. In Speedy's case, the situation he describes can technically not exist. It is virtually impossible not to be able to solve an electrical or mechanical problem simply by the fact that you have a virtually unlimited supply of replacement parts so they obviously did not replace everything. If you look in the right place, you will find the issue.

I totally agree with you.. The problem is the only way the dealer can replace a part (and get paid under warranty) is when they have a code thrown on their diagnostic computer. (or the factory rep says to replace something and from what I have seen so far he doesn't give a damn about helping them find what is wrong with my bike)
I am just waiting till something just goes ahead and breaks. Perhaps then I will finally get it fixed...
It is a shame that such a high end (and expensive) brand has so many problems and that the Ducati organization will not even admit there is a problem at the factory...

Word does eventually get out to the general public though.. Especially with websites like this and Facebook etc...

Speedy

Last edited by speedy14; Aug 17th 2016 at 01:20 PM.

Old Aug 23rd 2016, 05:42 AM   #32

Originally Posted by speedy14 View Post
I am just waiting till something just goes ahead and breaks. Perhaps then I will finally get it fixed...

Speedy

Once, long ago.. a mechanic dragged a screw driver across a electronics board..It took a few times but the effected equipment was suddenly replaceable under warranty ...
Old Aug 24th 2016, 05:54 AM   #33

ill be ale to disable the evap purge valve with the flash, ill be testing that it works and I don't get a code unplugging it hopefully this weekend
Old Aug 24th 2016, 11:31 AM   #34

Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
ill be ale to disable the evap purge valve with the flash, ill be testing that it works and I don't get a code unplugging it hopefully this weekend
Is that using the woolich flash??
Old Aug 24th 2016, 12:24 PM   #35

Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Is that using the woolich flash??
yes
Old Jul 9th 2018, 09:29 AM   #36

Vcyclenut you ever get that code with the Woolich Flash?
Old Jul 10th 2018, 10:35 AM   #37

Originally Posted by speedy14 View Post
I disconnected the carbon canister.(It did have some fuel in it). plugged the suction line from the switch and ran the vent tube down as instructed
Made absolutely no difference in the stalling issue however there are no codes thrown..

Mine still stalls usually at start up a couple of times.. Sometimes when I am de-accelerating coming up to a light (or sometimes just to keep things interesting,,, when in an intersection... Lots of fun

I have just consoled myself to the fact that no matter how much you spend on a 1299 Panigale and no matter how many different things I try or how many times I have it in the shop, it is STILL going to die on me..

This will be my last Ducati experience... I have had enough of the "Ducati big twin cylinder "Character " It is evidently un fixable...
I don't know what really causes it but it is definitely a serious design flaw that the Ducati factory will neither fix or even recognize as a problem.... Not to mention the terrible low speed throttle response and surging etc...at anything below 12% throttle...

Speedy
I went to the source, I ran a new solid fuel line all the way up through the bike and to the tank, connecting this and venting it out of the bottom just beside the fan (yes I made a hole to run this out of) the vacuum line got plugged.

No more issues with vapor locking and stalling.

I also hadn't had an issue with the throttle (I rather like the lunging and bitching the bike does)

But on that subject, have you done throttle spacers? This made a big difference for me as well.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 02:33 PM   #38

stalling issue

I have a 2017 1299 and have the same issue. I think a lot of the issue upon take off is the electronic throttle. I've had several bikes but this one is the first with the TRUE electronic throttle. Lots of others I owned said ride by wire but they was still the old fashioned throttle cables there that went to an electronic piece. I did remove the charcoal canister and the stalling did improve greatly. It still stalls to this day but now very rarely. Before it would stall in most gears even at higher rpms, starting to slow down at 3k or higher rpm's the bike would stall. Which sucks just when the bike stalls the engine pulls back and I did drop the bike once because of it. Luckily I didn't put a scratch on the bike.
I also installed the T-800 up map, but both the stock map and up-map have there plus's and minus's. I have the SC Project slip on and sprint air filter. the bike still occasionally will stall and it's F-in Frustrating. I also removed the exhaust valve and installed the bypass relay.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299s, canister, charcoal, removed