Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree4Thanks
  • 3 Post By cmepasu
  • 1 Post By DJ377

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 8th 2016, 09:27 AM   #1

I Ride: Ducati 1299 Panigale
Question Termi Slip On, Flapper Removed, Need UpMap?

Well here is the story. Im looking to put a slip on kit and remove the flapper assembly. Im not really finding any definitive info on whether or not that combination absolutely needs an UPMAP installed. its just the oem header pipe and a different can, not sure why upmap is needed. Never had to on my bikes before. I was always told you only upmap if you run a full system or your can produces a lot if pop and crackle coming off the throttle.

If a upmap is absolutely needed will a akra upmap work for a termi slip on or does one have to go with rapidbike or tuneboys?

do the new 2016 termi forward exit exhaust even mount up to the oem pipe location?

Old Sep 8th 2016, 10:39 AM   #2

I Ride: Ducati Pannigale 1299 S
I have a slip-on termis on my 2015 1299s. I found out the hard way that the upmap did not come with the termis slip-on, there was a small side note on the bottom of Motowheels website stated so when I was searching for a solution. I had to spend another $500 for my dealer to install the upmap. My bike is much smoother with the upmap, I would not leave it without after installing the slip-on.
As far as I know the 2016 is the same as my 2015 1299s. I did not need extra parts and it fits tightly with multiple adjustments. It was my first time so I spent 7-8 hours doing the whole installation, while figuring out the installation steps on youtube. By the way I did not remove the flap, I didn't want to mess up the header pipe while cutting out the flap.

Last edited by DucMoto; Sep 8th 2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 11:19 AM   #3

Spend the same amount of money and have a RapidBike Evo or Race unit installed for fueling. I wish I had known. Would not have spent the money on the up-map (or would have spent less money on a full system SANS up-map).

Hell, after my experience with the RB unit, I think ALL bikes should have these installed - even in stock form. Incredible product.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 11:36 AM   #4

I Ride: Ducati 1299 Panigale
Originally Posted by DucMoto View Post
I have a slip-on termis on my 2015 1299s. I found out the hard way that the upmap did not come with the termis slip-on, there was a small side note on the bottom of Motowheels website stated so when I was searching for a solution. I had to spend another $500 for my dealer to install the upmap. My bike is much smoother with the upmap, I would not leave it without after installing the slip-on.
As far as I know the 2016 is the same as my 2015 1299s. I did not need extra parts and it fits tightly with multiple adjustments. It was my first time so I spent 7-8 hours doing the whole installation, while figuring out the installation steps on youtube. By the way I did not remove the flap, I didn't want to mess up the header pipe while cutting out the flap.
$500?????? thats ridiculous! how can they charge that much for simply plugin in the usb device and uploading the software (its automated). I watched a guy do it on youtube and it took him all of 1 min.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 11:38 AM   #5

I Ride: Ducati Pannigale 1299 S
They told me they had to buy the up map from some where else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Sep 8th 2016, 07:06 PM   #6
GK5

I Ride: 1299
I've been running front exit Termi slip-on's on my '16 1299 for about 700 km's now without any upmap or fuel management system. It's pretty smooth as it is for me for some reason. I can coast without clutching in stop & go traffic even under 15 km/hour without huge sputtering and wanting to stall like some of my previous bikes (even my '13 1199R with full termi and upmap sputtered more). It does pop sometimes on harder accelerations though.

I'm still on the fence with getting RapidBike...for those who installed it yourselves, was it a straightforward plug & play? I installed my Termi slip-on's myself and installed a PC3 on a Gixxer before, but would like to get a sense as to whether it's something I could/should do myself or find a shop to do if I decided to get one.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 07:19 PM   #7

I Ride: 2015 1299
^^^^
I installed RapidBike race on my 1299. I'm glad I did it myself. It was easy, the hardest part was routing the plugs. But take your time and it's just like a PCV. I would definitely do it myself again. And if you get into any trouble (which I doubt) you can always talk/email Yaman and he will get you sorted.
Thanks from GK5
Old May 11th 2017, 09:07 AM   #8

Did installing the slip-on trigger an error code when you disabled the flapper? I ask because I know the upmap takes care of the error code but would like to use a RP instead of the upmap.
Old May 11th 2017, 01:42 PM   #9

I Ride: KTM Duke R 1299 Pani YZF450 Saxon
I removed my servo and cable then wire tied the flapper open, no codes no flaper to malfunction one day, and a weight saving I have the stock end can

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
flapper, removed, slip, termi, upmap