Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree12Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 29th 2016, 07:45 AM   #1

I Ride: 1299 S Anniversario
Charging cord..

Since the weather is getting worse and worse, I have been looking into putting the bike on battery tender and only ride it whenever weather permits (Yes, I'm a fair weather rider).

So I looked into the charging cord that came with my anniversario in the tail section, for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to take the cap off. And I don't want to break the cap by accident so I didn't try that hard.

How many latches are on that cap?

Also, any idea on how long the ducati lithium battery can hold charge without being on battery tender?

Thanks.
Thanks from Gunny Fitz and Twistedracer

Old Sep 29th 2016, 08:16 AM   #2

Are you sure that's the charging cord? There's a DDA cord under the seat, I have my lap timer plugged into it on my 1299S.

I have a Shorai charging cord on my Shorai battery, the cord that plugs into the battery with multiple pins and it's only about 12" long.

Last edited by ChrisE; Sep 29th 2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 08:34 AM   #3

I Ride: Anniversario l Hypermotard 939 SP
Yes, the DDA port is also the charging port. There is only the one latch.

I've only gone a week without riding the Anni, so I can't comment on the charge time. It's still in the 90's here! Haha.
Thanks from Twistedracer and andrewss
Old Sep 29th 2016, 08:58 AM   #4

Orzo- (Ohh I get it - the Pasta Rocket right??) lmfao!

Hey brother PLEASE do yourself, and your beautiful bike, the biggest favor EVER?

DO NOT use a regular "Battery Tender" on that thing regardless of what pigtail the dealership put on it for you upon purchase ok? Take my word for this. Ive had my bike on this very special "Battery Maintainer" for YEARS- YEARS on the original battery and the thing will fire up first crank to this day my friend!

Rather than re-write my story on this device all over again. PLEASE check out this link and go to my Post #10 to read about "The Optimate"- copy?

http://ducati1299.com/ducati-1299/25...-question.html

There are also several links within that post which will direct you to even more info and education regarding this item. I think I even list my personal resource for members to use my name when contacting if they wish too? Its been awhile so please check it out brother!

Best wishes and trust me on this one - several other members here have them, and some got them after I hooked them up as well. Best of luck with that awesome machinery !

***Yeah- I just checked the links within the Post. Each one contains even more info and data I post in every thread ok?
Old Sep 29th 2016, 10:38 AM   #5

I Ride: 1299 S Anniversario
Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post

Hey brother PLEASE do yourself, and your beautiful bike, the biggest favor EVER?

DO NOT use a regular "Battery Tender" on that thing regardless of what pigtail the dealership put on it for you upon purchase ok? Take my word for this. Ive had my bike on this very special "Battery Maintainer" for YEARS- YEARS on the original battery and the thing will fire up first crank to this day my friend!

Rather than re-write my story on this device all over again. PLEASE check out this link and go to my Post #10 to read about "The Optimate"- copy?

There are also several links within that post which will direct you to even more info and education regarding this item. I think I even list my personal resource for members to use my name when contacting if they wish too? Its been awhile so please check it out brother!

Best wishes and trust me on this one - several other members here have them, and some got them after I hooked them up as well. Best of luck with that awesome machinery !

***Yeah- I just checked the links within the Post. Each one contains even more info and data I post in every thread ok?
LOL... I actually came up with OrzO thinking it looks like someone riding a motorcycle, and uses it on different forum since then..... and I learned it's a type of pasta much later... LOL.

Thanks for the info. I will look into them.
Thanks from Gunny Fitz
Old Sep 29th 2016, 10:59 AM   #6

Just curious - the 1299 Anniversary does actually charge through what sounds to be the CAN BUS line?
Old Sep 29th 2016, 11:37 AM   #7

I Ride: Anniversario l Hypermotard 939 SP
Yes. It came with a lithium specific charger and a cable to plug into the DDA port.
Thanks from Gunny Fitz and Twistedracer
Old Sep 29th 2016, 12:19 PM   #8

I Ride: Anything with 2 wheels!
Originally Posted by RetardedTiming View Post
Yes. It came with a lithium specific charger and a cable to plug into the DDA port.
The Panigale R charges the same way.
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Sep 29th 2016, 02:56 PM   #9

Good to know. My '13 S is so old school with the regular trickle charger cord and lead-acid battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Sep 29th 2016, 03:22 PM   #10

I Ride: 15R 16R
Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post

Hi Gunny, the Anniversario comes with a specific charger from Ducati for the lithium battery. Ducati even went so far as to print a specific owners manual for the Anniversario. The hook up for this charger is to the DDA port in the tail. This bike doesn't come with the regular battery tender chord like the other 1299's do. I thought that pretty interesting. I'm going to be sure to use a surge protector with this setup.
Thanks from Gunny Fitz

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
charging, cord