Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree12Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 11th 2019, 03:13 PM   #51

I Ride: Panigale 1299
Dda not recognized on macbook or windows ffs

Hi All.

My apologies for hijacking your thread but I'm too stupid to find out how to do one of my own.

I've got a DDA (and GPS) which is not being recognized by my MacBook Pro or my windows machine - I mean nothing. It used to work when it was a street bike but now it's a fully converted track bike. Full race system and mapped as such.

I ended up buying a new DDA Stateside as I thought it may be a hardware issue with the DDA and even that one is not being recognized by my Mac (or windows machine). I've got the software downloaded as well.

When I first plugged the new one in I saw it briefly then it disappeared. Anyone, anywhere have any ideas? I'm so damn frustrated with them.

Thanks in advance.

Old Jun 12th 2019, 03:48 PM   #52
mtb

I need to test it Iíve been a little out of commission lately because of a track crash. I have a sample data log that supposedly causes a crash, so Iíll work on that when I get a chance.
Thanks from amicus alba
Old Jun 24th 2019, 08:30 AM   #53

Angry

Originally Posted by mtb View Post
I need to test it I’ve been a little out of commission lately because of a track crash. I have a sample data log that supposedly causes a crash, so I’ll work on that when I get a chance.
Thanks MTB.

I could understand if one DDA didn't show up on my Panigale's display, my MacBook and a work windows laptop. But two of them? Not even a flicker or even showing a device on any computer? It's almost like they have internal fuzes that have blown (which they don't of course). I'm wanting to walk away from DDA+ and find a better aftermarket option.

Last edited by amicus alba; Jun 24th 2019 at 08:33 AM. Reason: grammar
Old Jun 24th 2019, 08:41 AM   #54

I Ride: Panigale 1299S
Did you download and install the DDA downloader? That is tje only program that will recognize the stick and extract the files.from the stick. In DDA analyzer, you can then import.the extracted files.
Old Jun 24th 2019, 12:01 PM   #55

I did. The latest being the OS version 3.2.10 from Prosa.com. I'm using Apple's Operating System "Mojave'.

The issue is it used to be recognized on my USB ports - - no problems. It used to show on my 1299 display but now the TFT display doesn't recognize that it's plugged in (neither of the DDA's that I have).
Old Jun 24th 2019, 02:59 PM   #56

I Ride: 2012 Ducati 1199 S Tricolore
Does the bike show laps and times etc? Or does that not work either? The fact that bike has been modified may give a clue as to why the USB doesn't work.
Old Jun 24th 2019, 05:27 PM   #57

It shows lap times and lean angle. It has also worked previously.

I don't think it's the bike - as it doesn't show on any laptops or desktops (Windows or Mac) either.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 03:32 PM   #58

I Ride: 2012 Ducati 1199 S Tricolore
When you plug in USB on the bike can you erase/format it from the dash? I have the 1199S Tricolore and I have the option to turn on DDS and prepare the USB. Actually I think I must be in track mode and turn on DDS. Also, for the 1199 you can not leave the usb plugged in otherwise battery is drained.

Originally Posted by amicus alba View Post
It shows lap times and lean angle. It has also worked previously.

I don't think it's the bike - as it doesn't show on any laptops or desktops (Windows or Mac) either.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
data, dda, export

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.