Ducati Forum

Ducati Forum (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-forum.php)
-   Ducati 1299 (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1299/)
-   -   Export data from DDA? (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1299/26807-export-data-dda.html)

MotoX183 Oct 12th 2016 06:41 PM

Export data from DDA?

Is it possible to export the data from the DDA? Would like to get GPS/Speed etc for overlay on video, but wasn't sure if it was possible to export.

timwu12 Oct 12th 2016 07:12 PM

yup, download the application for it:

DDA Web Support: Home page

MotoX183 Oct 12th 2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwu12 (Post 262786)
yup, download the application for it:

DDA Web Support: Home page

I have the DDA software already and can see the data in the application without issue. However, I want to get the data out in a format that is usable (probably just CSV) in other applications to add data overlays onto video.

tadashi Oct 12th 2016 08:03 PM

I've used an android app to get it to csv I believe.. you can then upload to a program that will overlay that data onto a GoPro video.. forgot then name of the app

madmaxmenon Oct 12th 2016 11:43 PM

Velocity Ferocity: DDA Converter

This is what I had used previously. It will convert the files to CSV format.
There is an android app, but I was having some issues with it. I just emailed the guy my files and he converted them for me.

MotoX183 Oct 13th 2016 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmaxmenon (Post 262798)
Velocity Ferocity: DDA Converter

This is what I had used previously. It will convert the files to CSV format.
There is an android app, but I was having some issues with it. I just emailed the guy my files and he converted them for me.

Yeah, I found this last night and got it installed. It crashes when attempting to open the DDA file. :mad:

It opens up just fine on it's own, but doesn't do so well with one of the DDA files. I've got the latest DDA+ for my 2016 1299s, so I'm guessing the file format may have changed slightly.

I think it's a bit lame that the Prosa software is unable to export this data natively.. The website is utter garbage. This was one of the things I was really interested in when I bought the Ducati. I liked the idea that it was built in and could provide additional data.

However, my old Qstarz 10hz GPS with RaceChrono software on my phone did a much better job overall. I was able to get most all of the data I was interested in and I didn't have to worry about setting the start/finish with a lap button like I do on the Ducati. It already had the track loaded in the software on the phone with start/finish and splits around the track, so the moment the GPS picked you up crossing the start/finish it would register that as the beginning and end of a lap. Not built in, but it worked pretty well and I could export out the data very easily for use in other applications like Racerender/Dashware.

pedrin Oct 13th 2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoX183 (Post 262807)
Yeah, I found this last night and got it installed. It crashes when attempting to open the DDA file. :mad:

It opens up just fine on it's own, but doesn't do so well with one of the DDA files. I've got the latest DDA+ for my 2016 1299s, so I'm guessing the file format may have changed slightly.

I think it's a bit lame that the Prosa software is unable to export this data natively.. The website is utter garbage. This was one of the things I was really interested in when I bought the Ducati. I liked the idea that it was built in and could provide additional data.

However, my old Qstarz 10hz GPS with RaceChrono software on my phone did a much better job overall. I was able to get most all of the data I was interested in and I didn't have to worry about setting the start/finish with a lap button like I do on the Ducati. It already had the track loaded in the software on the phone with start/finish and splits around the track, so the moment the GPS picked you up crossing the start/finish it would register that as the beginning and end of a lap. Not built in, but it worked pretty well and I could export out the data very easily for use in other applications like Racerender/Dashware.

I used to have this problem but was solved by using gmail (and only gmail) to mail the files to yourself. it never failed again

royal Oct 13th 2016 12:15 PM

What particular problem are you referring to that was solved by gmailing the files pedrin?

madmaxmenon Oct 13th 2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoX183 (Post 262807)

Try emailing the person who created it (TJ), he was very quick and helpful in sending me back the files in CSV format.

pedrin Oct 13th 2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royal (Post 262830)
What particular problem are you referring to that was solved by gmailing the files pedrin?

exactly what X183 describes, the app crashing when I try to open the file attached in any email other than gmail. dont ask me why but it worked 100%. it would be nice if anyone can replicate this, my be it is just my old android phone idiosyncrasy...