Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree11Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 12th 2016, 07:41 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
MotoX183's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Austin, TX

Posts: 175
Thanks: 122

I Ride: 2016 1299s Panigale
Export data from DDA?

Is it possible to export the data from the DDA? Would like to get GPS/Speed etc for overlay on video, but wasn't sure if it was possible to export.
MotoX183 is offline  
 
Old Oct 12th 2016, 08:12 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: NorCal

Posts: 614
Thanks: 176

I Ride: Panigale R, 1098R, 996S
yup, download the application for it:

DDA Web Support: Home page
timwu12 is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2016, 08:48 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
MotoX183's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Austin, TX

Posts: 175
Thanks: 122

I Ride: 2016 1299s Panigale
Originally Posted by timwu12 View Post
yup, download the application for it:

DDA Web Support: Home page
I have the DDA software already and can see the data in the application without issue. However, I want to get the data out in a format that is usable (probably just CSV) in other applications to add data overlays onto video.
MotoX183 is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2016, 09:03 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
tadashi's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Orange County, CA

Posts: 428
Thanks: 160

I've used an android app to get it to csv I believe.. you can then upload to a program that will overlay that data onto a GoPro video.. forgot then name of the app
tadashi is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2016, 12:43 AM   #5
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: California

Posts: 87
Thanks: 15

Velocity Ferocity: DDA Converter

This is what I had used previously. It will convert the files to CSV format.
There is an android app, but I was having some issues with it. I just emailed the guy my files and he converted them for me.
madmaxmenon is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2016, 06:37 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
MotoX183's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Austin, TX

Posts: 175
Thanks: 122

I Ride: 2016 1299s Panigale
Originally Posted by madmaxmenon View Post
Velocity Ferocity: DDA Converter

This is what I had used previously. It will convert the files to CSV format.
There is an android app, but I was having some issues with it. I just emailed the guy my files and he converted them for me.
Yeah, I found this last night and got it installed. It crashes when attempting to open the DDA file.

It opens up just fine on it's own, but doesn't do so well with one of the DDA files. I've got the latest DDA+ for my 2016 1299s, so I'm guessing the file format may have changed slightly.

I think it's a bit lame that the Prosa software is unable to export this data natively.. The website is utter garbage. This was one of the things I was really interested in when I bought the Ducati. I liked the idea that it was built in and could provide additional data.

However, my old Qstarz 10hz GPS with RaceChrono software on my phone did a much better job overall. I was able to get most all of the data I was interested in and I didn't have to worry about setting the start/finish with a lap button like I do on the Ducati. It already had the track loaded in the software on the phone with start/finish and splits around the track, so the moment the GPS picked you up crossing the start/finish it would register that as the beginning and end of a lap. Not built in, but it worked pretty well and I could export out the data very easily for use in other applications like Racerender/Dashware.
MotoX183 is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2016, 12:21 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: SoCal

Posts: 340
Thanks: 73

I Ride: 1199 panigale + ABS
Originally Posted by MotoX183 View Post
Yeah, I found this last night and got it installed. It crashes when attempting to open the DDA file.

It opens up just fine on it's own, but doesn't do so well with one of the DDA files. I've got the latest DDA+ for my 2016 1299s, so I'm guessing the file format may have changed slightly.

I think it's a bit lame that the Prosa software is unable to export this data natively.. The website is utter garbage. This was one of the things I was really interested in when I bought the Ducati. I liked the idea that it was built in and could provide additional data.

However, my old Qstarz 10hz GPS with RaceChrono software on my phone did a much better job overall. I was able to get most all of the data I was interested in and I didn't have to worry about setting the start/finish with a lap button like I do on the Ducati. It already had the track loaded in the software on the phone with start/finish and splits around the track, so the moment the GPS picked you up crossing the start/finish it would register that as the beginning and end of a lap. Not built in, but it worked pretty well and I could export out the data very easily for use in other applications like Racerender/Dashware.
I used to have this problem but was solved by using gmail (and only gmail) to mail the files to yourself. it never failed again
pedrin is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2016, 01:15 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
royal's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
From: London, UK

Posts: 486
Thanks: 347

I Ride: 2016 1199R Pani, R6 racer, 2014 1199S Pani, 2016 BMW S1000RR, KTM 250exc, GasGas 250txt, skateboard
What particular problem are you referring to that was solved by gmailing the files pedrin?
royal is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2016, 02:24 PM   #9
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: California

Posts: 87
Thanks: 15

Originally Posted by MotoX183 View Post
Yeah, I found this last night and got it installed. It crashes when attempting to open the DDA file.

It opens up just fine on it's own, but doesn't do so well with one of the DDA files. I've got the latest DDA+ for my 2016 1299s, so I'm guessing the file format may have changed slightly.

I think it's a bit lame that the Prosa software is unable to export this data natively.. The website is utter garbage. This was one of the things I was really interested in when I bought the Ducati. I liked the idea that it was built in and could provide additional data.

However, my old Qstarz 10hz GPS with RaceChrono software on my phone did a much better job overall. I was able to get most all of the data I was interested in and I didn't have to worry about setting the start/finish with a lap button like I do on the Ducati. It already had the track loaded in the software on the phone with start/finish and splits around the track, so the moment the GPS picked you up crossing the start/finish it would register that as the beginning and end of a lap. Not built in, but it worked pretty well and I could export out the data very easily for use in other applications like Racerender/Dashware.
Try emailing the person who created it (TJ), he was very quick and helpful in sending me back the files in CSV format.
madmaxmenon is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2016, 05:34 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: SoCal

Posts: 340
Thanks: 73

I Ride: 1199 panigale + ABS
Originally Posted by royal View Post
What particular problem are you referring to that was solved by gmailing the files pedrin?
exactly what X183 describes, the app crashing when I try to open the file attached in any email other than gmail. dont ask me why but it worked 100%. it would be nice if anyone can replicate this, my be it is just my old android phone idiosyncrasy...
Thanks from royal
pedrin is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
data, dda, export



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Data Acquisition maslov Racing 6 Sep 16th 2016 02:49 AM
For Sale: Ducat data analyzer with gps jsgcb Classifieds 13 May 28th 2016 11:32 AM
2d Data logger Panimike Ducati 1299 0 Nov 7th 2015 10:35 AM
R data mygreenalien Ducati 1199 4 Mar 21st 2013 07:37 PM
Data acquisition kit DimST Racing 8 Mar 11th 2013 02:10 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed