Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree44Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 02:40 AM   #11
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2016
From: North Carolina

Posts: 33
Thanks: 0

I Ride: 1299 Panigale
V4!!
gbreezy is offline  
 
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 03:46 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2014
From: Lancashire UK

Posts: 190
Thanks: 126

I Ride: 1199s Tricolore
V4
Mr C is offline  
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 05:09 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 514

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
Originally Posted by Tricolore View Post
Rules are: You can only buy one :-)

Which would you buy, the 220hp Superleggera 1299 or a 220hp Desmo V4?

And what option do you wish they offered?

For me, I ride the twisties in the Catskills, sometimes four times the speed limit, so a light, high torque, high HP Ducati would be ideal. So my vote is for the Superleggera 1299.

The option I would want is the ability to turn off "ride by wire." Don't get me wrong, I still want traction control but I want my right wrist directly connected to the engine rather than software.
you sound cool.

Four times the speed limit what a bad ass.
reganc is offline  
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 06:11 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,949
Thanks: 1044

I Ride: 16R; 17 S1000RR
Originally Posted by esmirna8261980 View Post
you guy really believe that ducati is going to sell you a fucking 220plus hp?
v4? what in the hell are you guy smoking?it bette be the good shit lol
who is going to insurance it? did you guy know the half of the people the put deposit in the panigale dint completed the transaction because of insurance prices?you don't think ducati take in consideration that if the bike is too expense to insurance they can't sell it ?

yes they can play with limited production bike not with the base model.
Full coverage insurance $250 deductible $37/month. Guess I'm not a teenager on a gsxr.
Thanks from mark419ny, JonT and Hershell
Twistedracer is offline  
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 06:47 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
flobrandx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: PNW

Posts: 2,909
Thanks: 1382

I Ride: 2017 RSV4 RF, 2010 RSV4 Factory, 2014 Beta 520 RS
Originally Posted by esmirna8261980 View Post
you guy really believe that ducati is going to sell you a fucking 220plus hp?
v4? what in the hell are you guy smoking?it bette be the good shit lol
who is going to insurance it? did you guy know the half of the people the put deposit in the panigale dint completed the transaction because of insurance prices?you don't think ducati take in consideration that if the bike is too expense to insurance they can't sell it ?

yes they can play with limited production bike not with the base model.
Really? I pay $100 per month for 3 bikes...dos'nt seem to bad for me but I'm not in my 20's either. I guess I don't know that half. Are these statistics posted somewhere?

So Ducati and all other manufactures are going to stop increasing HP...right, let's smoke some of what you got. LOL Not that I need more HP cause I don't but people can dream.
Thanks from rm4two and Twistedracer
flobrandx is offline  
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 07:04 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
rm4two's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 1,018
Thanks: 176

I Ride: 1199 Panigale, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory
Desmo V4 all day long and twice on Sundays!!
rm4two is offline  
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 07:22 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: moving to nc

Posts: 594
Thanks: 193

I Ride: Ducati 1199,MV Agusta F4r,Ducati MTS 1200S,MV Agusta brutale 1090rr
Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
Full coverage insurance $250 deductible $37/month. Guess I'm not a teenager on a gsxr.
yes but you and I are a very small % and the guy on the honda is the target for the dealer and ducati, you already drinking the red juice.
esmirna8261980 is offline  
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 07:32 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: moving to nc

Posts: 594
Thanks: 193

I Ride: Ducati 1199,MV Agusta F4r,Ducati MTS 1200S,MV Agusta brutale 1090rr
Originally Posted by flobrandx View Post
Really? I pay $100 per month for 3 bikes...dos'nt seem to bad for me but I'm not in my 20's either. I guess I don't know that half. Are these statistics posted somewhere?

So Ducati and all other manufactures are going to stop increasing HP...right, let's smoke some of what you got. LOL Not that I need more HP cause I don't but people can dream.
this come from getting a allocation of 50 panigale by december of 2011 pre order all the bike with deposit by december and on may of 2012 the bike show up and the owner cancelling the order because for some of them the insurance was too high the other half was having problem because ducati want to play 2007 desmo again holding the bike allocation to make force the customer to buy the S model and the tricolore.
you guy can go and play fan boy all you want but most you guy don't have a clue how ducati work and how ducati want to sell their bike.
esmirna8261980 is offline  
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 08:08 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 514

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
Originally Posted by esmirna8261980 View Post
this come from getting a allocation of 50 panigale by december of 2011 pre order all the bike with deposit by december and on may of 2012 the bike show up and the owner cancelling the order because for some of them the insurance was too high the other half was having problem because ducati want to play 2007 desmo again holding the bike allocation to make force the customer to buy the S model and the tricolore.
you guy can go and play fan boy all you want but most you guy don't have a clue how ducati work and how ducati want to sell their bike.
what the F88k are you talking about.
Thanks from flobrandx, Panigale78R and MotoX183
reganc is offline  
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 08:31 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
flobrandx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: PNW

Posts: 2,909
Thanks: 1382

I Ride: 2017 RSV4 RF, 2010 RSV4 Factory, 2014 Beta 520 RS
Originally Posted by esmirna8261980 View Post
this come from getting a allocation of 50 panigale by december of 2011 pre order all the bike with deposit by december and on may of 2012 the bike show up and the owner cancelling the order because for some of them the insurance was too high the other half was having problem because ducati want to play 2007 desmo again holding the bike allocation to make force the customer to buy the S model and the tricolore.
you guy can go and play fan boy all you want but most you guy don't have a clue how ducati work and how ducati want to sell their bike.
WTF are rambling about? You seem to think you know a lot about people sitting behind your keyboard angrily typing away...you don't know shit about me. I buy what bike I want because of what I like and it doesn't matter who the manufacturer is which doesn't make me a so called fan boy of Ducati. Since you hate them so much why do you claim to own 2 Ducati's? LOL!
flobrandx is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, 220hp, superleggera



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project 1408 - 1299 Superleggera - Official Mutt1979 Ducati 1299 476 Nov 25th 2016 12:54 PM
MARCHESINI Forged Magnesium Genuine Superleggera Wheelset: Ducati 1199/1299 Panigale moto Motowheels 2 Oct 22nd 2016 02:10 PM
MARCHESINI M9RS Forged Magnesium Superleggera Wheelset: 1199/1299 moto Motowheels 2 Oct 14th 2016 10:26 AM
MARCHESINI Forged Magnesium M9RS Spoke [Superleggera] Wheelset: Ducati 1199/1299 moto Motowheels 0 Nov 2nd 2015 09:01 AM
1199 Superleggera Sticker kit on 1299? BRT Ducati 1299 21 Apr 30th 2015 04:59 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed