Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree6Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 26th 2016, 03:31 PM   #11

I Ride: 2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S and 2016 Harley Davidson Breakout
I was about to buy TB so my question is will it work on more than one bike or is it a marry system where it works only on one bike?

Will it void my warranty?

When you use TB map will it say that on the screen or will the screen look normal without TB logo on it, dealership could and will void your warranty i think.

Old Nov 27th 2016, 02:03 AM   #12

I Ride: Ducati Panigale 1199S
Sorry to hijack, but while we're on the subject of Tuneboy .. my cruise function has disappeared. Noting happened, no no loss of battery or anything like that. I haven't been stuffed logging into the bike, but has anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Nov 27th 2016, 03:16 AM   #13

I Ride: 2012 Panigale ABS
Every time I start thinking seriously about buying the Tuneboy cruise control program I read a post like this. And in the past I have found his web site to be pretty much useless. It's a shame. I'd be glad to buy it if I felt like there would be no glitches and his service was good.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 04:10 AM   #14

I Ride: 13' 1199 R
Originally Posted by morenaz0 View Post
Sorry to hijack, but while we're on the subject of Tuneboy .. my cruise function has disappeared. Noting happened, no no loss of battery or anything like that. I haven't been stuffed logging into the bike, but has anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Use the preflight program to check if all your inputs are good. Remember the cruise function looks at front and rear brake switches, clutch switch, and gear sensor. If everything check out in the preflight program then try reflashing the .dat. I have never seen a ECU program go bad, unless something is wrong with the ECU since it is stored in a non volatile type memory
Old Nov 27th 2016, 04:22 AM   #15

Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
Every time I start thinking seriously about buying the Tuneboy cruise control program I read a post like this. And in the past I have found his web site to be pretty much useless. It's a shame. I'd be glad to buy it if I felt like there would be no glitches and his service was good.
I've seen the complaints on this forum about response time, but I've never waited more than a day for a response via email. It may have something to do with rudeness of the email that was sent. Just recently I ask for the latest V6 tune revisions for mine and a day later I get a download link. It's true the website does not stay up to date. The documentation is ok that ships with the device, and I never had an Issue with my cruise function. Most of the issues I've read are pc install issues or first time flash errors. The instructions have several steps for the first flash and need to be read the whole way through first then printed and taken to the garage for reference during the first install.
Thanks from jjsC6 and morenaz0
Old Nov 27th 2016, 04:31 AM   #16

Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
I was about to buy TB so my question is will it work on more than one bike or is it a marry system where it works only on one bike?

Will it void my warranty?

When you use TB map will it say that on the screen or will the screen look normal without TB logo on it, dealership could and will void your warranty i think.
The hardware device does not marry to the vehicle like SCT or superchips devices do to cars, but you will need to buy individual licenses for each bike you want to flash. You would have to check with your own country's consumer laws to see if the warranty would be void. In the US the burden of proof falls on the dealer to prove that a mod caused a failure to be able to deny warranty. Even if a manufacturer writes "any mods void warranty" in the owners manual. Y
You could always flash back to stock before taking the bike in for warranty work. It does not display a different logo on the dash when tuned. A tech with good understanding of his diagnostic tool would be able to tell the ECU was tuned as some point if the matter was pushed.
Thanks from Alpha Male
Old Nov 27th 2016, 05:59 AM   #17

I Ride: 2015 1299 Panigale
Save your afr logs on every tps position and you're covered in case of a failiure. Then you can prove the tune isn't the cause of the failiure. That's what I did...
Old Nov 27th 2016, 12:08 PM   #18

I've had no problem with any of the Tuneboy software, my only complaint would be that the documentation is not that clear, in the case of the oil service light reset the docs say that it doesn't work on all models but doesn't say which ones. The web site and the PDF manual don't always agree but you can figure it out. The tune is definitely better, the throttle response is good and the low speed tuning is smooth.

On the whole though it is a pretty good product I think and hopefully will get updates. I may have mis-judged Wayne because of reports of tardy replies to email, I should have tried myself before now as he has responded very quickly to my query.

Cheers
Thanks from Alpha Male
Old Nov 27th 2016, 07:22 PM   #19

I Ride: 2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S and 2016 Harley Davidson Breakout
Ok after some deep research i am going to stay away from this Tuneboy:

1. It voids your warranty
2. It's unreliable

I will probably do it to one of my bikes after the warranty has expired.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 08:39 PM   #20

I Ride: Ducati Panigale 1199S
Mate, this is the only minor clitch I've had with the complete tuneboy experience. It transforms your bike and all the little extras are gun.
Would thoroughly recommend it to all.
BTW - sent an email this morning, had a response pretty much straight away
Thanks from jjsC6

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
light, oil, service, tuneboy