Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree12Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 19th 2016, 12:13 PM   #11

Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
Rapid bike better than tuneboy? Both of them sadly will void our warranty - we were warned by the dealership not to install them on our bikes.
It may be more difficult with Rapidbike but with Tuneboy you just reload the standard map and nobody knows.

Old Dec 19th 2016, 02:44 PM   #12

I installed it after riding the bike for about the first 600 miles. I had the first service done with the module attached and the dealership had no idea what it was. I told them about it and how well it worked and they didn't pay much attention to what i was saying. Sad...They should be installing them for customers on behalf of Ducati. The only way i would want to continue to ride the bike without the rapid bike would be to have the bike dyno tuned. This is not something i have ever had done but i am guessing that the maps would still have to be unlocked to to make changes to them anyway? So would still require some sort of access to fuel and ignition maps. I would suspect the tune could still be maximized but i don't race and am very happy with how it runs.

Something else that should be mentioned is that the module can be removed and OEM connectors put back together prior to taking the bike for service if it worries you that much. Would be a pain though. The ECM is not reflashed or changed whatsoever from OEM while the module is in place and working. All it does is add or subtract fuel based on a different AF ratio, rather than to pass EPA emission standards. I guess what it does is allows you to experience the motor Ducati Engineers designed before having to comply with EPA standards.

Anyway guys. Buy it or don't. Enjoy your bikes. I love this thing.
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 08:48 AM   #13

I have the same experience. Big difference, Yamen was great with the few routing questions I had. For the cross wiring I just put some heat tape on that and made sure it was ty wrapped away from heat.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 10:19 PM   #14

I Ride: 2016 Panigale 1299
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
I routed mine past the front cylinder between the radiator and cylinder head. I would recommend that if you are going this route, Slip a peace of cardboard in front of the radiator prior to routing the harness through. It's very tight and a bit of a struggle to do it this way and not putting a peace of cardboard in there will result in your damaging the cooling fins in the rad. Take the time to do it. Zip tie everything. From there all you do is plug everything in. I've had no issues and it's fantastic.

For those that mounted the harness between the cylinders, congratulations. I have no idea how you did it. The space available is incredibly minimal, and seemed like more work than the way I have described.

I went in with my laptop after 200 miles and accepted the changes to the map and that was it. Never looked back.

The bike, other than the rapidbike module, is all Oem, so I can't comment on how the rapidbike will Adapt to hardware changes. I will at some point put a new exhaust system and air cleaner on it and update my review at that point.

At this point, my descission to purchase my next bike will probably to some degree be effected by weather or not a rapid bike modual can be purchased for it.
I just finished installing mine. Ugh is all I can say regarding routing the harness. You mentioned you went in with your lap top after 200 miles and accepted the changes to the map. Do you have to go in and accept the changes? If you dont what happens? Does the ECU not fully accept the rapid bike tuning the bike all the time?

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
bike, rapid, review