Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree29Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 15th 2017, 06:50 AM   #51

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S -
Now I follow a different method, by holding clutch and keeping the rpm between 2K ~ 3K, when ever I am in 1st gear and is going at speeds below 20kmph. Is there anything wrong in doing this?

There is nothing "wrong" with doing the best you can to keep the bike running...

The thing that is "Wrong" is the fact you spent a lot of money for a supposedly "PREMIUM" brand bike and that you have to do it in the first place...
All of us that have a stalling bike know how it feels... Especially those that have had their bike stall in traffic or in the middle of an intersection...The bike stalling can range from simple embarrassment from stalling it leaving a parking lot to absolute terror when it dies on you in the middle of an intersection (with traffic heading toward you at 40mph) or stalling in the middle of rush hour traffic at 70mph.

I am seriously considering getting involved with an attorney to see what I can do to get Ducati to either rectify the situation or give me my money back... I have repair records, receipts and of course all of the remarks on this and other websites to use as evidence.. Maybe we could all get involved in a class action suite against Ducati...

Anyone interested?

Speedy
Thanks from Blade Runner

Old Jan 19th 2017, 07:00 AM   #52

update*** the bike has been at the shop since december 23rd..
The first week they had it, they said they could not replicate the issue at all. No codes found so they didn't know what to repair. I finally got a call back from ducati of america a week later. They requested video proof that the bike stalled and i sent video of it stalling or better yet turning off during my rides.. The dealership then said the video was inconclusive because i did not show the VIN# and there was no way of telling if the bike was indeed mine or not. Then told me that the Ducati tech was able to replicate the stall. They told me they were checking the QSS and some other things and would call me back.. I get a call back several days later and they said ducati of america wants them to rip apart the motor and do a bunch of stuff.. I didn't get the details. Still waiting. If i don't hear from them by the 23rd i'm considering calling a lemon law lawyer because they've had the bike for a month. Anyone have any Tips?
Old Jan 19th 2017, 07:08 AM   #53

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
Lemon law won't do anything just because the shop has had it for X amount of time. Lemon law is for the same issue multiple times without the shop being able to permanently fix the issue. I'd give the shop a chance to fix the problem n see how it goes. Most of the time (especially with such a big job as a teardown) the dealer can't do anything until they hear back from the manufacturer. Otherwise, they may not even be compensated for any repair work they complete and basically have done all the labor on your bike for free. No dealer is gonna do that. Be patient as these things take a while. A month may seem bad but many on here have had their bikes in shops for longer periods for much smaller problems.
Thanks from youngR
Old Jan 19th 2017, 07:38 AM   #54

There is nothing "wrong" with doing the best you can to keep the bike running...

The thing that is "Wrong" is the fact you spent a lot of money for a supposedly "PREMIUM" brand bike and that you have to do it in the first place...
All of us that have a stalling bike know how it feels... Especially those that have had their bike stall in traffic or in the middle of an intersection...The bike stalling can range from simple embarrassment from stalling it leaving a parking lot to absolute terror when it dies on you in the middle of an intersection (with traffic heading toward you at 40mph) or stalling in the middle of rush hour traffic at 70mph.

I am seriously considering getting involved with an attorney to see what I can do to get Ducati to either rectify the situation or give me my money back... I have repair records, receipts and of course all of the remarks on this and other websites to use as evidence.. Maybe we could all get involved in a class action suite against Ducati...

Anyone interested?

Speedy[/QUOTE]

100%, you shouldnt have to ride the bike a different way to keep it from stalling. Yeah its a duc and she requires a little more tlc but this is absurd
Old Jan 19th 2017, 08:52 AM   #55

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S -
Originally Posted by double0 View Post
Lemon law won't do anything just because the shop has had it for X amount of time. Lemon law is for the same issue multiple times without the shop being able to permanently fix the issue. I'd give the shop a chance to fix the problem n see how it goes. Most of the time (especially with such a big job as a teardown) the dealer can't do anything until they hear back from the manufacturer. Otherwise, they may not even be compensated for any repair work they complete and basically have done all the labor on your bike for free. No dealer is gonna do that. Be patient as these things take a while. A month may seem bad but many on here have had their bikes in shops for longer periods for much smaller problems.

I seriously doubt a engine tear down is really necessary.. **If it was due to the engine then almost everyone would be having the exact same issue. This is most likely caused by an electrical/wiring or programing issue. It stands to reason that an internal engine issue would not cause the whole dash to go blank ie; lose total power etc on the gauges etc. like many as well as myself have had an issue with.. If just the motor died I would assume the gauges etc would still be lit like a car or any other bike I have owned.. who reallyknow with the Ducati?

This is definitely an electrical/programing glitch..

I am going to video tape my (including a copy of the serial number on the bike in the video before I take off) and see if I can get mine to do the same thing ..** Since it is an intermittent problem it always seems to run fine for a while when I am taping it LOL

Mine will sometimes cut off just sitting there warming up.. the entire gauges and motor stop working suddenly with no warning. It is more common when cold engine but it has happened while the motor is thoroughly warmed up also..

Speedy
Old Jan 24th 2017, 10:15 PM   #56

Originally Posted by double0 View Post
Lemon law IS number of days out of service among other things. I have lemon law'd a car in the state of CA, the law is on your side. I did not need a lawyer, the lemon law states that the manufacture has to basically "play nice." If they don't lemon a vehicle that clearly meets the definition under the law then they are subject to punitive damages if you later lawyer up and sue them.

Call the manufacturer and state you want to start the lemon/buy back process. Under the lemon law this triggers a sequence of events / timeframes that they MUST obide by.

In my case BMW finally replaced my engine after being in the shop a ton of times. I didn't want the car back after the boneheads at the dealer had replaced the engine. In fact, when looking at the engine replacement paperwork they had tons of issues after replacing the engine, it was overheating and leaking coolant because they put the car back together wrong. And also this is going to de-value the car..

Last edited by W Cole; Jan 24th 2017 at 10:19 PM.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 11:06 PM   #57
jbs

I Ride: '16 Panigale R
Originally Posted by speedy14 View Post
[/B]Mine will sometimes cut off just sitting there warming up.. the entire gauges and motor stop working suddenly with no warning. It is more common when cold engine but it has happened while the motor is thoroughly warmed up also..

Speedy
This is happening with mine quite frequently. It has shut off only twice in traffic but countless times when warming up.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 10:22 AM   #58

I Ride: 2015 1299 Panigale S
I have had the issue, but haven't in a long time.

1. I replaced my clutch master (Brembo 17RCS) and slave (Oberon).
2. Currently the clutch switch is still installed and just zip tied out of the way. I start the bike in neutral, but plan to install a pressure switch bolt to activate the clutch switch.
3. TuneBoy map is installed.
4. My charcoal canister was removed when doing the exhaust upgrade.
5. PAIR removal and blockoff plates added.
6. Upgraded to the Akra exhaust.

After all of this was done, I haven't had a stall on the bike. I DID have a stall once after the exhaust, TuneBoy, and removal of canister, but since replacing the clutch master/slave, I haven not had an issue. But again, my clutch switch is currently just hanging there not being used.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 11:48 AM   #59

I Ride: 13' 1199 R
My bike was at the shop for 4 months due to stalling, investigated lemon law in Florida. Even called Florida consumer affairs. Lemon law does not apply to motorcycles in FL. Might want to check in your state.

Lemon law if applicable in your state also goes by cumulative days out of service and/or consecutive days out of service not just repair attempts.

Last edited by rpm429; Jan 26th 2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 01:18 PM   #60

Originally Posted by mrailing View Post
I have had the issue, but haven't in a long time.

1. I replaced my clutch master (Brembo 17RCS) and slave (Oberon).
2. Currently the clutch switch is still installed and just zip tied out of the way. I start the bike in neutral, but plan to install a pressure switch bolt to activate the clutch switch.
3. TuneBoy map is installed.
4. My charcoal canister was removed when doing the exhaust upgrade.
5. PAIR removal and blockoff plates added.
6. Upgraded to the Akra exhaust.

After all of this was done, I haven't had a stall on the bike. I DID have a stall once after the exhaust, TuneBoy, and removal of canister, but since replacing the clutch master/slave, I haven not had an issue. But again, my clutch switch is currently just hanging there not being used.
The tuneboy tune disables the clutch switch in 1st gear so you should be able to reinstall it?

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
bike, dropped, stalled

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.