Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree29Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 27th 2017, 06:10 AM   #61

I have read this entire thread. After having a the same issue. I almost got struck in an intersection due to my bike stalling while shifting from 2nd to 1st gear. Stalling is the not the right words its more like the bike just quit. Very very dangerous. In 30 years of riding I have never experienced anything like this. Sure I have stalled a bike back when I was just learning how to ride but that was always shifting up to early and bogging down the motor and then it stalled due to my error. NEVER down shifting. This is a VERY serious issue that needs to be addressed. Problem is that is comes out of no where. No warning. Does not matter if the bike is hot or cold. This has been my real only issue with the bike. Other than a failing tail light. Bike has been great!
Thanks from Joker1199

Old Jan 27th 2017, 12:12 PM   #62

my bike occasionally stalls or shuts off when downshifting to first at slower speeds.

I originally felt it was the bad fueling on the stock bike but now that is cleaned up and it still will do it .

I had my data logging equipment on it yesterday and nothing looked out of the ordinary when it happened im thinking maybe the autoblipper has something to do with it
Old Jan 27th 2017, 12:39 PM   #63
jbs

I Ride: '16 Panigale R
Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
...im thinking maybe the autoblipper has something to do with it
That is also my guess.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 10:37 AM   #64

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S - 2013 Kawasaki ZX14R and 2011 ZX10R (Track Bike)
Yeah It is a real shame how many of us have to modify our so called "premium brand" bikes just to try to keep them from stalling on us... Most of the time it to no avail anyway..

Old Jan 28th 2017, 10:40 AM   #65

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S - 2013 Kawasaki ZX14R and 2011 ZX10R (Track Bike)
Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
I have read this entire thread. After having a the same issue. I almost got struck in an intersection due to my bike stalling while shifting from 2nd to 1st gear. Stalling is the not the right words its more like the bike just quit. Very very dangerous. In 30 years of riding I have never experienced anything like this. Sure I have stalled a bike back when I was just learning how to ride but that was always shifting up to early and bogging down the motor and then it stalled due to my error. NEVER down shifting. This is a VERY serious issue that needs to be addressed. Problem is that is comes out of no where. No warning. Does not matter if the bike is hot or cold. This has been my real only issue with the bike. Other than a failing tail light. Bike has been great!
Well like I said before ,, it wont "throw any codes" either so the dealer can do nothing as far as replacing anything under warranty... I think Ducati obviously knows of the situation and cannot or (will not fix it) so they just engineer their ECU's programming NOT to throw a code when it stalls... That was they have plausible denial....

Speedy

Last edited by speedy14; Jan 28th 2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 10:59 AM   #66

I Ride: 1199 Panigale
How about a Go Pro on a suction cup mount on the tank that shows (wide angle) clutch and throttle input and the dash to show it just randomly stalling. Pictures are worth a thousand words.

In the three years I owned mine, I would say I experienced maybe 10-12 of these stalling events. Not sure if that is a lot or a little in comparison to some of ya'll's experiences.

NOLA
Old Jan 28th 2017, 04:48 PM   #67
jbs

I Ride: '16 Panigale R
Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
In the three years I owned mine, I would say I experienced maybe 10-12 of these stalling events. ...

NOLA
10 times or 100 times... it only takes 1 time paired with unfortuntate events, like falling off the bike in a turn and getting hit by oncoming traffic. I'm sure only then will they start investigating the problem.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 05:36 PM   #68

This is a difficult situation. Mechanically, everyone who owns a 1199/1299 with a Mitsubishi ECU could experience this. It is simplistically the ECU not seeing or seeing something that does not jive with other parameters that it is seeing or is supposed to be seeing at a particular time. The only piece of "bike one" that is not modified is the wiring harness, the ECU and the other pieces of engine management (MAP, TPS etc) This does happen to me. Rarely. The time that it happens during shifting, I chalk up to user error. I say this because I do not run a clutch switch. I understand the being a twin at idle to low rpm, there isn't a lot keeping it going. A slight interrupt in spark will kill the motor and that is what happens when I accidentally load pressure on the QS for too long. I accept that. That's on me. That being said, every once in a while when the bike is just idling, it flat dies. Always fires right back up. Has never happened under RPM load. So I can only surmise that in the idle circuit at the time of the stall that the ECU did not see something that it liked and that isn't going to show up on any fault code. Additionally I am convinced that it does not effect all ECU's as not everyone has this issue. Not sure what else to say. Ducati cant fix it is they cant find it. If is a design flaw in the circuit on some ECU rev someone at Mitsubishi Electronics is going to have to look at that. Like I said it happens super rarely and i think all but once (except for the QS issue) it has happened during warmup. I am building bike II with MM electronics and i do not expect to see any of this nonsense.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 06:05 PM   #69

**Update I got a call from ducati and they're admitting fault because they found something wrong with the motor.. They're going to fix all the damage to the bike ... Once i get the bike back and the paperwork i'll post what i have in hopes that maybe it can help anyone else having the same issues..
Thanks from youngR, The Avidmoto and Mrdcook2
Old Jan 28th 2017, 09:47 PM   #70

Something wrong with the motor? like it broke a rod?, blew a head gasket? spun a main bearing? That's a heck of an ambiguous answer or does this dealership consider anything that has to do with the operation of the motor, "the motor"?. Interested to hear what they had to say.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
bike, dropped, stalled