Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree29Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 29th 2017, 01:05 AM   #71

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
Originally Posted by YellowSnow View Post
**Update I got a call from ducati and they're admitting fault because they found something wrong with the motor.. They're going to fix all the damage to the bike ... Once i get the bike back and the paperwork i'll post what i have in hopes that maybe it can help anyone else having the same issues..
It's a bad situation to be in, but at least you have one of the best outcomes

Old Jan 29th 2017, 01:11 PM   #72

I Ride: 1299 & GSX-R 1000
My 1299 has consistently stalled since I took delivery...it is headed back to the dealer for the 3rd time and it will stay there indefinitely. I am at the point where I want out...lets see what happens.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 04:31 PM   #73

Mine kept doing this today, I wish they would fix this problem
Old Jan 29th 2017, 06:07 PM   #74

Would be interesting to see if there are ECU part/revision #s between problem and non problematic bikes. Again keeping the bike running is a choreographed orchestrated event between ECU and sensors. There really isn't anything else that will cause this besides some sort of rider intervention or materials failure. The ECU is killing the cycle because it is seeing some sort of signal it does not like. If the ECU "faults" the cycle when the other components are sending the correct data then the ECU or that series of ECUs may have a bad logic section or maybe a bad series of sensors. There just are not that many pieces. You would literally have to take an ECU and all the associated sensors from an infected bike (preferably one that stalls often) and build a calibration cell at Mitsubishi and connect a datalogger. It is obvious by the repair remedies that Ducati has employed thus far that their solution is to replace sensors/triggers so they are guessing. Hopefully it will not take a fatality at an intersection to get someone who can move the needle interested in this.
Old Jan 29th 2017, 11:15 PM   #75

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
There are two types of stalling of the bike experienced by riders (me included).

Type A) Engine just immediately stops. Bike is still switched on and can be restarted by pushing the RUN button

Type B) Bike completely shuts off. Sometimes it recovers after approx 1s, sometimes it's required to cycle the ingition key and press the RUN button. This behaviour points more to problems with the E-Lock than the ECU (or a combination of subsystems).
Old Jan 31st 2017, 07:57 AM   #76

im developing my retail flashes with mine and have flashed my ecu probably 50 times and mine still does it. it is possible im not writing to a part of the ecu effected but I don't think its ecu related.

mine has never done it if I use the autoblipper to down shift to first, it only has done it when I pull in the clutch and downshift.

Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
Would be interesting to see if there are ECU part/revision #s between problem and non problematic bikes. Again keeping the bike running is a choreographed orchestrated event between ECU and sensors. There really isn't anything else that will cause this besides some sort of rider intervention or materials failure. The ECU is killing the cycle because it is seeing some sort of signal it does not like. If the ECU "faults" the cycle when the other components are sending the correct data then the ECU or that series of ECUs may have a bad logic section or maybe a bad series of sensors. There just are not that many pieces. You would literally have to take an ECU and all the associated sensors from an infected bike (preferably one that stalls often) and build a calibration cell at Mitsubishi and connect a datalogger. It is obvious by the repair remedies that Ducati has employed thus far that their solution is to replace sensors/triggers so they are guessing. Hopefully it will not take a fatality at an intersection to get someone who can move the needle interested in this.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 09:11 AM   #77

Well that was kind of my point. That clutch switch sends a signal to the ECU to do several things so regardless of which type of stalling is happening to anyone's
Particular bike, the ECU is involved. I know it's a bit ambiguous kind of like stubbing your toe and saying the pain is a brain problem. The fact of the matter in every case is no matter what, the brain is shutting down the bike because of a situation it interprets. There are bugs and or design anomalies in the engine management system.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 10:28 PM   #78

Well i was going to post up the results from the fix which i thought fixed the bike.. But i thought about giving it a little bit before i posted anything to make sure it fixed the bike but sure enough, it didn't.. Today it stalled about 5 or 6 times.. The last straw was when i was leaning into a hard right turn in 2nd gear when it shut off..
In the RO they said the "reed valve" was stuck open... they repaired it and didn't fix anything. so i'm calling the shop in the morning to take it back
Old Feb 13th 2017, 08:32 AM   #79

^^ Im not sure if id be pissed or fearful at this point. Shutting off on a 2nd gear corner is beyond scary. Mine shut off mid turn too but i was doing at most 20 kms turning into my driveway and it still threw me off a little because i had no idea what happened.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 12:13 AM   #80

Originally Posted by YellowSnow View Post
so my friends were giving me shit about it saying i was stalling the bike myself coming to stops and it shutting off in 1st gear and watching me almost fall off the bike several times. So i started revving the motor to 6-7k so it wouldn't shut off.. But it still shut off as the clutch was fully released and i couldn't save it this time. i can launch my kawasaki this high with no issues and the ducati almost demands you rev it this high to get it going anyways, only my kawasaki doesn't shut off or stall. Luckily i didn't get hit by a car. The guy behind me was paying attention. I dropped it pretty much at 0 mph. I just got a call from the dealership and they said it's 3k in damage for the 0 mph fall. They told me i have to call ducati of america but of course i got an answering machine. Anyone have a good number to call them and bitch them out? I want to get this resolved but i have a feeling this is going to come out of my wallet to fix. Dealership said there's no codes to be pulled and there should be if the bike just shut off.. I call bullshit because i was a certified technician at toyota for many years and if a car shut off for no apparent reason there were no "codes" for me to see. I had to wing it and try to replicate the issue. But with threads like this i can really make a point that it's not just a problem with my bike but with almost everyones bike.
Clutch switch not operating, look underneath the lever and see the micro switch is not operated by the lever pin, as soon as this is set properly the problem goes away....... I checked at my dealers and many of the new bikes are affected.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
bike, dropped, stalled