Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree29Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 09:44 AM   #81

Originally Posted by Bengarzy View Post
Clutch switch not operating, look underneath the lever and see the micro switch is not operated by the lever pin, as soon as this is set properly the problem goes away....... I checked at my dealers and many of the new bikes are affected.
How do you set it properly? Thanks!

I have the tuneboy tune which apparently disables the clutch switch when in 1st gear but I still am having problems.

Old Apr 25th 2017, 07:43 PM   #82

Has anyone been able to confirm or verify it's definitely a problem with the clutch switch and if so what's the fix or adjustment process?
Old Apr 25th 2017, 09:13 PM   #83

There are a multitude of things in the Panigale's electrical system that can cause anomalies from individual components to the harness itself. The factory cant even figure things out. My solution to it all is to just replace parts until it works. Trying to troubleshoot this shit storm of an electrical system isn't much fun.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 03:42 AM   #84

Might not be so simple to replace any components under warranty. My headlight's case is typical example of new Ducati approach to its customer-first they found some problem and once it was claimed to be replaced under warranty they said I could leave with the issue and all should be fine...It just remind me words of Bob M. song-everything gonna be all right...Disappoined again
Old Apr 30th 2017, 05:32 AM   #85

Hi guys, new here but have been on the ducati.ms forum for a while. I have been seriously looking at getting a 1299 Panigale S but after reading this and a couple other threads on this subject, I'm not sure. Does anyone know if Ducati ever recognized this issue? Do all 1299s have this problem regardless of year? Thanks guys.
Thanks from martinezdan8
Old Apr 30th 2017, 07:56 AM   #86

I Ride: 1299 Anniversario #81
In over 2k miles my Anniversario has never stalled or acted like it's going to stall.

Maska, your headlight hasn't been replaced because there's nothing wrong with it. Everybody has the faint clicking and flickering lights with key off for 45 secs. Nobody mentions it because no one puts there face to their headlights when they turn their bike off. Get over it.

I've had REAL issues with my bike, not imaginary ones, and Ducati has taken care of me. Bike runs like a dream.

Last edited by Ryfly05; Apr 30th 2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 08:01 AM   #87

I Ride: 16R; 17 S1000RR
Originally Posted by Oneeyedgiant View Post
Hi guys, new here but have been on the ducati.ms forum for a while. I have been seriously looking at getting a 1299 Panigale S but after reading this and a couple other threads on this subject, I'm not sure. Does anyone know if Ducati ever recognized this issue? Do all 1299s have this problem regardless of year? Thanks guys.
No problems here. It's best to buy a Tuesday-Thursday built bike. Stay away from the Monday and Friday bikes. This goes for any manufacturer.
Thanks from adamd
Old Apr 30th 2017, 10:39 AM   #88

Originally Posted by Ryfly05 View Post
In over 2k miles my Anniversario has never stalled or acted like it's going to stall.

Maska, your headlight hasn't been replaced because there's nothing wrong with it. Everybody has the faint clicking and flickering lights with key off for 45 secs. Nobody mentions it because no one puts there face to their headlights when they turn their bike off. Get over it.

I've had REAL issues with my bike, not imaginary ones, and Ducati has taken care of me. Bike runs like a dream.
Dear Ryfly05 sound like you are a Ducati representative or even their lawyer...you were tremendously lucky that your not 'imaginary' issue was solved in efficient and safe manner. How did you manage this?
You read but did not understand my post. Some issue was noticed by Ducati mechanics during my first oil service. The issue with headlight (never seen before and I have to highlighted that they know their job ) was claimed but it was rejected. Meantime Bologna mentioned that it might be a software issue...so is there a problem or not?What you reckon Ryfly05?
Thanks from MdDuc
Old May 1st 2017, 08:10 AM   #89

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S -
Ducati does not acknowledge there is a overall problem to my knowledge..(At least they have no bulletin on it or any type of published fix for it that I know of) A good reputable dealer will admit it but no matter how hard they try there is no fix if you are one of the unlucky ones and get a staller..
Mine rarely dies on me actually riding now. It used to a lot but I have gone through it and had the ECU THe throttle bodies and the throttle unit replaced.. Taken off the carbon canister and added a Rapid Bike tuning unit...
Mine mainly does it when it is sitting there warming up (more frequently) but sometimes it will also just shut off while taking off from a parking lot ...Total mystery why? I have just come to always expect it and be careful with the throttle and clutch..

Good luck if you decide on a purchase.. It can be a very exciting bike to ride and they are beautiful ...However personally, I would personally ride the ACTUAL bike you are goin to purchase for a while before signing on the line..
If it stalls (or surges like mine does) go to the next one on the showroom floor.. It will NOT get better with miles etc..
Just my opinion others may vary..

Speedy
Old May 1st 2017, 08:16 AM   #90

Good luck getting Ducati to pay for the damage lol. Comical to think they will.
I've never dealt with a company who stands behind their product less than these people...

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
bike, dropped, stalled

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.