Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree42Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 18th 2017, 09:10 AM   #11

Originally Posted by DucatiDetroit View Post
The racing belly pans will not work with the stock cans. I mean, anything is possible with fiberglass modification...but the way they come OEM cans won't fit.

Will it fit with Akra cans on the 1299?

Again, the only info I've read is related to the 1199 and Termi cans.

Old Jan 18th 2017, 01:45 PM   #12

I Ride: 16R; 17 S1000RR
Sorry no name. It had a red white and black paint job.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 02:41 PM   #13

Bodywork:

In my experience with fitting race fairings as well as crashing/repairing, I think Sharkskinz is the best. Catalyst is a close 2nd. Armour Bodies makes a good product and it crashes well, but sometimes fitment can be a little bit of a pain. I had some issues fitting Armour Bodies on a 1199R when they first came out, but since then I've heard great reviews from others. The last 9 -10 bikes we used pre-drilled Sharkskinz with zero issues.

Up until now, nobody in the U.S. has produced race glass for the 1299. We've been running 1199 stuff on most of our builds with the exception of the full carbon set on our in-house '15 1199R.

With that being said, I'm pleased to announce that Armour Bodies has committed to producing product for the 1299. It's distributed through Woodcraft who is among the best distributors and supporters of racing and track riding in the country. Great people to work with. Product should be ready by early February. This is great news because for the last 2 years 959/1299 racers and track day guys have been pretty bummed out that none of the U.S. companies had anything to offer.

Exhaust:

Termignoni and Akrapovic canisters are good to go with the belly pans that the bodywork companies sell. Arrow is a no-go.
Thanks from Twistedracer, NW1299 and GMo73
Old Jan 18th 2017, 03:01 PM   #14

Thank you sir. Answers all my questions for now. Got your PM as well and sent a reply.

Bodywork:

In my experience with fitting race fairings as well as crashing/repairing, I think Sharkskinz is the best. Catalyst is a close 2nd. Armour Bodies makes a good product and it crashes well, but sometimes fitment can be a little bit of a pain. I had some issues fitting Armour Bodies on a 1199R when they first came out, but since then I've heard great reviews from others. The last 9 -10 bikes we used pre-drilled Sharkskinz with zero issues.

Up until now, nobody in the U.S. has produced race glass for the 1299. We've been running 1199 stuff on most of our builds with the exception of the full carbon set on our in-house '15 1199R.

With that being said, I'm pleased to announce that Armour Bodies has committed to producing product for the 1299. It's distributed through Woodcraft who is among the best distributors and supporters of racing and track riding in the country. Great people to work with. Product should be ready by early February. This is great news because for the last 2 years 959/1299 racers and track day guys have been pretty bummed out that none of the U.S. companies had anything to offer.

Exhaust:

Termignoni and Akrapovic canisters are good to go with the belly pans that the bodywork companies sell. Arrow is a no-go.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 05:01 PM   #15

so no need to remove the fan to use the belly pan?
Old Jan 18th 2017, 05:14 PM   #16

I Ride: Panigale R, 1098R, 996S
Bodywork:

Exhaust:

technically, none of the US companies still have anything to offer since Armour Bodies is Canadian, but that's a bummer to hear that now it's delayed to Feb. When I asked a few months ago, they were saying they'd have something by Christmas time, but better late than never.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 05:58 PM   #17

I have a brand new set of Armour Bodies bought from Jarel still in box. If anyone is interested PM me. I'll cut a solid forum deal.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 07:36 PM   #18

I Ride: 2012 1199S Tri, 2017 1299s anni #145, 2016 CRF
Pm'd
Old Sep 18th 2017, 08:28 AM   #19

Figured I would update my own thread. Some of these photos are elsewhere already but over the last few months I've done the following:

- Racing covers
- Axle sliders
- Race air filter
- Samco hoses
- DP Race screen
- MotoXP Fairings
- MotoHolders front fairing stay (still needs to be installed)

I've just got the fairings mounted for fitment check, next they need to come back off along with the exhaust cans and cooling fan so I can start fitting the oil pan and mount up the fairing stay. Also working on removing any non-essential wiring and electrical. Bike is pretty much at a point of no return...she'll never see the street again.

The motoholders fairing stay is a really beautiful piece, and this version comes with the IMU plate welded on. Supposedly plug and play, hopefully so!

Thanks from Phl, youngR, Twistedracer and 1 others
Old Sep 18th 2017, 08:34 AM   #20

I Ride: 16R; 17 S1000RR
Originally Posted by NW1299 View Post
Figured I would update my own thread. Some of these photos are elsewhere already but over the last few months I've done the following:

- Racing covers
- Axle sliders
- Race air filter
- Samco hoses
- DP Race screen
- MotoXP Fairings
- MotoHolders front fairing stay (still needs to be installed)

I've just got the fairings mounted for fitment check, next they need to come back off along with the exhaust cans and cooling fan so I can start fitting the oil pan and mount up the fairing stay. Also working on removing any non-essential wiring and electrical. Bike is pretty much at a point of no return...she'll never see the street again.

The motoholders fairing stay is a really beautiful piece, and this version comes with the IMU plate welded on. Supposedly plug and play, hopefully so!

Be sure when you mount up the IMU that you rubber mount it or you will have problems.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, belly pan, bike, club, prep, racing, track