Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree7Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 10:02 AM   #11

I Ride: 2015 1299S
Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
No more red key. There is a pin that you can access in the menu. It's set at all zeroes from the factory. You can change it in the menu.
Thanks!!

Old Mar 3rd 2017, 11:38 AM   #12

Second update on my situation. After buying the two OEM blanks from Reno Ducati, I sent them out with my ignition to get cut at a shop they referred me to. Then I called them back to book appointment to bring the bike in with the new cut keys so they can program them to bike as they've told me before. They turned around and said that can't be done and I have to buy a completely new ignition, ECU and two new blank keys because the ones I had were cut to my old ignition. They can't just program the cut keys as I was told. I was heated cuz either I was lied to so they can sell me two keys or I was being lied to so they can charge me more. Pissed off and told them they suck! I went online and do researches and found a guy that can program the two new cut keys to my original ignition using Ducati DDS. And he didn't even need my bike. All he needed was my keys, and ignition. Two days later and $250 more, I got my bike running. After all this, I'm pretty sure either the dealer wants to rob me since I ride a Ducati and should have money laying around. Or the technician doesn't know much and was just following old procedures. Oh well, my next bike won't be from them from now.
Thanks from Gecko
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 11:50 AM   #13

I Ride: 16R; 17 S1000RR
What an awesome dealer.....NOT!!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 02:39 PM   #14

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by Toys1 View Post
Second update on my situation. After buying the two OEM blanks from Reno Ducati, I sent them out with my ignition to get cut at a shop they referred me to. Then I called them back to book appointment to bring the bike in with the new cut keys so they can program them to bike as they've told me before. They turned around and said that can't be done and I have to buy a completely new ignition, ECU and two new blank keys because the ones I had were cut to my old ignition. They can't just program the cut keys as I was told. I was heated cuz either I was lied to so they can sell me two keys or I was being lied to so they can charge me more. Pissed off and told them they suck! I went online and do researches and found a guy that can program the two new cut keys to my original ignition using Ducati DDS. And he didn't even need my bike. All he needed was my keys, and ignition. Two days later and $250 more, I got my bike running. After all this, I'm pretty sure either the dealer wants to rob me since I ride a Ducati and should have money laying around. Or the technician doesn't know much and was just following old procedures. Oh well, my next bike won't be from them from now.
You should ride your bike to the dealer.
Have a little chat, something like "you were right!" Then just walk outside, turn the ignition and rev it and leave. Haha.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 06:56 PM   #15

I Ride: 2013 1199S
Ecumeistro can sort you out for all lost keys there in australia though.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 09:08 PM   #16

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
What do you mean with "ignition"? The piece/device where the key goes in (E-Lock unit)? So that would mean that DDS is able to read the new key's ID and set the E-Lock accordingly? That sounds very interessting to me. The guy who did the job never connected to the bike directly?
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 09:15 PM   #17

Originally Posted by youngR View Post
You should ride your bike to the dealer.
Have a little chat, something like "you were right!" Then just walk outside, turn the ignition and rev it and leave. Haha.
I'd love to do that but, the closest dealer is 3 hour ride away.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 09:17 PM   #18

Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
What do you mean with "ignition"? The piece/device where the key goes in (E-Lock unit)? So that would mean that DDS is able to read the new key's ID and set the E-Lock accordingly? That sounds very interessting to me. The guy who did the job never connected to the bike directly?
Yes. He reprogrammed the new keys to the old ignition without connecting it to the bike. No more E-lock after that. And yes, he said he used DDS to do that. And I think he also said the old key code doesn't work anymore and I now have a new code.
Thanks from Gecko
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 09:33 PM   #19

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
Yes. He reprogrammed the new keys to the old ignition without connecting it to the bike. No more E-lock after that. And yes, he said he used DDS to do that. And I think he also said the old key code doesn't work anymore and I now have a new code.
Very interesting! Did he require som data from your bike, e.g. VIN number or something similar?

If not, that would mean that the E-Lock unit would be interchangable between bikes and still work!
Old Mar 9th 2017, 06:43 AM   #20

Thank Goodness I'm not the only one. Found this thread searching for the same. I lost one of the keys about 1.5 weeks after purchase. Just lost the other copy a few days ago. The dealer in Brea, Ca stated it would be a massive cost to correct (>$1000) without having at least one of the keys. The dealer I bought it from in Newport Beach, CA was wayyyy more helpful and quoted a much lower price (~$550). Still expensive but nowhere near as bad as what Brea quoted. Plus, they offered to make an additional key that they will lock away for emergencies, love that offer.

Now if I can just get my head screwed back on and find one of these original keys.....

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, 2016, keys, replacement

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.