Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree3Thanks
  • 2 Post By Phl
  • 1 Post By kaminskitj

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 14th 2017, 11:36 AM   #1
SPJ

Termignoni UPMAP T800

Apologies if it's been mentioned before, saw a post from Termignoni today about an UPMAP system that's plug n play with the 1299. T800? Allows you to switch maps (and I assume more?) from your smartphone. Anyone have more information?

Old Feb 14th 2017, 11:49 AM   #2

Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
Apologies if it's been mentioned before, saw a post from Termignoni today about an UPMAP system that's plug n play with the 1299. T800? Allows you to switch maps (and I assume more?) from your smartphone. Anyone have more information?

I was looking into this and found it for around $350.

The first map is free and then you have to pay for each map downloaded from the map store. Unlike Tuneboy, you don't seem to have the ability to download and tweak the map you apply to the device so you are locked in to what is available and at the mercy of what is developed and released. This appeared more attractive prior to wide availability of RapidBike.

The ability to monitor your ECU data is neat... but that would likely wear off after you show it around to the first members of your riding group that have an interest.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 03:52 PM   #3
DGK

Does anyone know if it can reset the service indicator?
Old Feb 20th 2017, 04:50 PM   #4
Phl

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, CRF50, GROM, bionicon supershuttle
Originally Posted by DGK View Post

I doubt it, they're also in the mafia
Thanks from Gecko and Rpm
Old Feb 21st 2017, 12:17 AM   #5

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S (2014)
Originally Posted by DGK View Post
No, it canít! I have asked this direct from them and got confirmed that it is not possible....
Old Aug 30th 2018, 04:02 PM   #6

I have the T800 on my 2017 1299. I got one map free when I purchased it and loaded it. It works ok. I would NOT have spent the money again. I'd of went with Brentuning or possibly tuneboy. I've been researching for awhile. People are right it's almost impossible to get answers to any questions from the customer service email from Termignoni. It seems to me they answer when they want.

Without the unit the bike still rides normal for what I read throughout the forums, As far as the bike stumbles out the hole and is jerky under 5K rpm's and occasionally stalls on you.

with the T-800 unit the bike seems the same down low but does feel a little better in some areas. So it does have it's plus and minus's.

Honestly though I would not waste my money again. It is simple to install and straight forward, but not worth it. At least that's my personal opinion.
Thanks from 750steve
Old Aug 30th 2018, 04:04 PM   #7

No it definitely does not reset the oil service light.
Old Aug 31st 2018, 10:18 AM   #8

Originally Posted by kaminskitj View Post
I have the T800 on my 2017 1299. I got one map free when I purchased it and loaded it. It works ok. I would NOT have spent the money again. I'd of went with Brentuning or possibly tuneboy. I've been researching for awhile. People are right it's almost impossible to get answers to any questions from the customer service email from Termignoni. It seems to me they answer when they want.

Without the unit the bike still rides normal for what I read throughout the forums, As far as the bike stumbles out the hole and is jerky under 5K rpm's and occasionally stalls on you.

with the T-800 unit the bike seems the same down low but does feel a little better in some areas. So it does have it's plus and minus's.

Honestly though I would not waste my money again. It is simple to install and straight forward, but not worth it. At least that's my personal opinion.
Iím kinda glad I read this, itís pretty much the only option for V4 fuelling at the minute so Iíve emailed them to get an AFR graph compared to standard, frankly if they donít reply they can stick it up their asses.

1 positive thing is that it disables the o2 sensors, apparently thatís a problem on the V4, that should open the door for Dynojet to piggyback a fuel module for it

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
t800, termignoni, upmap

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.