Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree42Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 08:07 AM   #11

I Ride: Anniversario #85 Full Akra with more carbons, 14 1199R (sold)
Originally Posted by ryanfavro View Post
Spoke with my dealer today and they confirmed with Ducati NA that when the 1299 Superleggera is fitted with the race exhaust it deletes the side stand. The road legal exhaust appears to be the same or similar exhaust on the old superleggera while the race exhaust is the fancy under tail Akraprovic. This news really puts a damper on my posing at the local coffee shop.
guess you going drive through only
Thanks from Twistedracer

Old Feb 22nd 2017, 08:59 AM   #12

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
Last weekend was the biggest motorcycle fair in Switzerland. I wanted to checkout the new SL. Last time I bought the 1199SL there. One of the things I was really interested in was the SL's exhaust setup, inner design of the airbox and the rear swingarm.

Guess what: the Ducati stand was a complete disapointment. No SL at all, one preproduction SS, no sales guy trying to convince me even to to buy a tiny scrambler, no nice chicks, no goodies, just nothing!
For christ sakes...

Went to the BMW stand and had a look at the R NINE T RACER. Cheap and cool design, only 140lbs heavier than the SL, but great price

BTW: Besides HD, only Honda had some chicks in hotpants standing around....
Thanks from Phl, BigBoost, highside49 and 1 others
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 09:26 AM   #13

Originally Posted by BigBoost View Post
Yikes... This seems odd. While I track my SL, I do a fair amount of street riding, as well.

Does not seem well thought out.
I know its supposed to be a track bike but i have to agree with this. Ive never done track so i dont know how it works but is doing a track day by yourself even an option? Even if you went with other racers someone would have to be waiting for you with the stand right?

I would still buy this beast if i could afford it though
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 09:33 AM   #14

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
Originally Posted by panhandler View Post
I know its supposed to be a track bike but i have to agree with this. Ive never done track so i dont know how it works but is doing a track day by yourself even an option? Even if you went with other racers someone would have to be waiting for you with the stand right?

I would still buy this beast if i could afford it though
I really admire BigBoost for taking his SL to the track. I never did that. If you look at my track bike, you know why. Hundreds of chips in the fairing.... I don't know how it is in other places, but French, Spanish and Italian race tracks are full of gravel. I guess southern european people hate cleaning

So I do need a kick stand, while riding through Swiss and Austrian Alps.
Thanks from BigBoost
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 05:16 PM   #15

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S, 1199 Panigale S, 848 EVO, 1299 Superleggera
Appears that the SL's Euro4 spec exhaust is the typical panigale underbelly exhaust with two snorkels welded to the old exhaust ports. This is fundamentally different then the race only exhaust Ducati has been showing off (see pics).

To add more confusion to the configurations Ducati shows a side stand in the naked SL pic with the race exhaust fitted, but the race body work belly pan will not allow for a side stand to be used.

1299 SL owners wishing to run the race exhaust on the road will be faced with the choices of:
  1. Install Race Exhaust as is and delete the side stand. (need a tree to park against)
  2. Install Race Exhaust with side stand but no belly pan, exposing pipes (aesthetically challenged)
  3. Cut the carbon fibre belly pan to make room for the side stand (backyard shed hack, ruins rare carbon fibre part)
  4. Fabricate a new belly pan to accommodate a side stand. (expensive and cosmetic)
Attached Thumbnails
1299 Superleggera Race Exhaust No Side Stand-img_0487.jpg   1299 Superleggera Race Exhaust No Side Stand-img_0490.jpg   1299 Superleggera Race Exhaust No Side Stand-img_0489.jpg   1299 Superleggera Race Exhaust No Side Stand-img_0491.jpg   1299 Superleggera Race Exhaust No Side Stand-img_0488.jpg  

Thanks from BigBoost, Gecko and forelli
Old Feb 24th 2017, 05:16 AM   #16

I Ride: Lots
Originally Posted by ryanfavro View Post
Appears that the SL's Euro4 spec exhaust is the typical panigale underbelly exhaust with two snorkels welded to the old exhaust ports. This is fundamentally different then the race only exhaust Ducati has been showing off (see pics).

To add more confusion to the configurations Ducati shows a side stand in the naked SL pic with the race exhaust fitted, but the race body work belly pan will not allow for a side stand to be used.

1299 SL owners wishing to run the race exhaust on the road will be faced with the choices of:
  1. Install Race Exhaust as is and delete the side stand. (need a tree to park against)
  2. Install Race Exhaust with side stand but no belly pan, exposing pipes (aesthetically challenged)
  3. Cut the carbon fibre belly pan to make room for the side stand (backyard shed hack, ruins rare carbon fibre part)
  4. Fabricate a new belly pan to accommodate a side stand. (expensive and cosmetic)
I really hope this isn't the case..... Not for the kind of money they are asking for now. It's just getting silly now.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 05:17 AM   #17

I Ride: Lots
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
I really admire BigBoost for taking his SL to the track. I never did that. If you look at my track bike, you know why. Hundreds of chips in the fairing.... I don't know how it is in other places, but French, Spanish and Italian race tracks are full of gravel. I guess southern european people hate cleaning

So I do need a kick stand, while riding through Swiss and Austrian Alps.

HA! I am very fortunate the three tracks, I usually ride at are very, very nice. Not much gravel. I have to say, gravel on the track would suck. No fun.

Besides, I hate cleaning too!
Thanks from Gecko
Old Feb 24th 2017, 05:34 AM   #18
Phl

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, FZR400, GROM
5. have a pit bitch to hold the bike
6. use a mock up stand - similar to the triangles for dirtbikes
Thanks from Gecko and forelli
Old Feb 24th 2017, 10:33 PM   #19

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
Just lean it up against the wall/shop window like your old pushbike when you were a kid?
Thanks from JonT and Panigale78R
Old Feb 25th 2017, 01:18 PM   #20

I Ride: 1199 S
You could get some of these fitted....loads of respect for this guy by the way.

https://www.facebook.com/clasicmotos...8993300571439/
Thanks from Twistedracer and Mrdcook2

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, exhaust, race, side, stand, superleggera

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.