Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree42Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:16 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,481
Thanks: 455

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You realize they're both BST's....right?
yes...yes i do...if they are they are.....we can shred this ad nauseum - your tomatoes for delmonte and heinz probably come from the same place too - its all how its packaged, presented...and eventually eaten
RD16RR is offline  
 
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:19 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,481
Thanks: 455

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
I sure do understand the difference between aftermarket and factory parts. Aftermarket, I get the quality pieces from Ohlins, Brembo etc not the dog shit that is on even the entry level bikes. Even the "factory" race teams don't use the "factory crap". I fully understand that Ducati charges the same for an OEM cast master cylinders that OPP charges for the billet GP version. I really do get it. I understand that the dog shit radiator that doesn't even allow you to change the front plug without removing it or destroying it is way more expensive through Ducati than a MAC or H2O. Thanks for pointing that out. Also, Lets see your odometer. Bet you the next run of shirts I ride what I build a hell of a lot more than you ride what you bought.
lol...again too funny....betting aside....post your numbers...your 1199 last 12 months...how many miles (include # tire sets and brand model of tire please) -- i wanna know what im dealing with before i admit defeat LOL !!
RD16RR is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:24 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,481
Thanks: 455

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
I sure do understand the difference between aftermarket and factory parts. Aftermarket, I get the quality pieces from Ohlins, Brembo etc not the dog shit that is on even the entry level bikes. Even the "factory" race teams don't use the "factory crap". I fully understand that Ducati charges the same for an OEM cast master cylinders that OPP charges for the billet GP version. I really do get it. I understand that the dog shit radiator that doesn't even allow you to change the front plug without removing it or destroying it is way more expensive through Ducati than a MAC or H2O. Thanks for pointing that out. Also, Lets see your odometer. Bet you the next run of shirts I ride what I build a hell of a lot more than you ride what you bought.
"of course" you can buy better parts and build bikes (not better just because u bolt on parts) haven't we "discussed" this before
RD16RR is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:26 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 1059

last 12 months have been about 7.2k miles. On my 3rd set of Diablo Rosso III tires. Call Ducati NB and ask them. They put them on.
endodoc is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:30 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 1059

Oh your right. I would rather have the "qualified" Ducati mechanics put it together. You know, the same mechanics that assembled all the fasteners that have fallen off all these bikes and were responsible for sealing and the torque specs on all of the leaking covers. While I look at a motor approaching 13k miles that has never spilled a drop of oil or water. Those guys? Your win again.
endodoc is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:50 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,481
Thanks: 455

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
last 12 months have been about 7.2k miles. On my 3rd set of Diablo Rosso III tires. Call Ducati NB and ask them. They put them on.
last 12 for me...7500miles....5 sets of tires.....pirelli supercorsa v2 - call me, i put them on myself LOL !!

ps.
New York season/riding time is about 6mos
pps. "love you" !
RD16RR is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:51 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,481
Thanks: 455

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
Oh your right. I would rather have the "qualified" Ducati mechanics put it together. You know, the same mechanics that assembled all the fasteners that have fallen off all these bikes and were responsible for sealing and the torque specs on all of the leaking covers. While I look at a motor approaching 13k miles that has never spilled a drop of oil or water. Those guys? Your win again.
.....i see you're venting....go ahead....let it out.....
RD16RR is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2017, 01:01 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
ryanfavro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 113
Thanks: 71

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S, 1199 Panigale S, 848 EVO, 1299 Superleggera
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
Oh your right. I would rather have the "qualified" Ducati mechanics put it together. You know, the same mechanics that assembled all the fasteners that have fallen off all these bikes and were responsible for sealing and the torque specs on all of the leaking covers. While I look at a motor approaching 13k miles that has never spilled a drop of oil or water. Those guys? Your win again.
Tell us how you really feel
Thanks from RD16RR
ryanfavro is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2017, 03:54 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 1059

I just did. The assembly and prep of these bikes sucks ass. It just come un-assembled. The buyer isn't going to do any worse in putting it together. Let's not even get started on the complete lack of engineering in the maintenance dynamics. What a horror show. Remember the old Pontiac Fierro that you had to pull a motor mount and jack up the engine to change plugs? This ain't far off.
endodoc is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2017, 04:02 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 1059

Again ask any one of the guys on this board who has assembled and maintains their own bikes if they would trade it for a Factory assembled, dealer prepped turd and see how many takers you get. There is a reason they tell you to check all the nuts and bolts and look for water and oil leaks after you take delivery. Your going to need to. It can be quite a bike in the right company. I absolutely love my 1299 but I would never buy one off the floor.
endodoc is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, exhaust, race, side, stand, superleggera



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Side Stand. Ox Man Ducati 1299 13 Jul 26th 2015 03:03 AM
Help with side stand. Sloopy Ducati 1199 25 Dec 26th 2013 02:11 PM
Side Stand sensor failure kaido Ducati 1199 8 Apr 15th 2013 09:30 AM
Side stand indicator issues Delsubasio Ducati 1199 3 Apr 10th 2013 11:12 AM
Side Stand Removal DougO Guides 8 Feb 11th 2013 02:17 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed