Thanks Tree42Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 30th 2017, 04:17 PM   #61

I Ride: 1299R FE and a Pikes Peak
Can't we all just get along????
Thanks from vduc

Old Jun 30th 2017, 06:20 PM   #62

I Ride: 2015 1199R
....we all do.....some of us are a tad more opinionated, On either side of the story
Thanks from vduc
Old Jun 30th 2017, 06:44 PM   #63

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S, 1199 Panigale S, 848 EVO, 1299 Superleggera
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
I just did. The assembly and prep of these bikes sucks ass. It just come un-assembled. The buyer isn't going to do any worse in putting it together. Let's not even get started on the complete lack of engineering in the maintenance dynamics. What a horror show. Remember the old Pontiac Fierro that you had to pull a motor mount and jack up the engine to change plugs? This ain't far off.
I own four Ducatis, none of them have fallen apart and they are all regularly used. To the best of my knowledge the same is true for my friend's bikes too. I'm sure all motorcycles can be prone to delivery with a fastener incorrectly torqued either from the factory or during PDI, but you relentlessly rant like that is the rule rather then the exception.

Clearly you feel the Superleggera or any expensive Ducati that you didn't assemble personally isn't worth the money. You're coming off jealous and like you feel the need trash the SL to make yourself feel better about your own bike.
Thanks from RD16RR and vduc
Old Jun 30th 2017, 06:48 PM   #64

Originally Posted by ryanfavro View Post
I own four Ducatis, none of them have fallen apart and they are all regularly used. To the best of my knowledge the same is true for my friend's bikes too. I'm sure all motorcycles can be prone to delivery with a fastener incorrectly torqued either from the factory or during PDI, but you relentlessly rant like that is the rule rather then the exception.

Clearly you feel the Superleggera or any expensive Ducati that you didn't assemble personally isn't worth the money. You're coming off jealous and like you feel the need trash the SL to make yourself feel better about your own bike.
Ohh Mann am I really reading this correctly ??

You better hide !!
Old Jun 30th 2017, 07:06 PM   #65

Run Forest Run.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 07:08 PM   #66

ya got me. Jealous and heart broken all at the same time. I hear there will be a scale model so there may be some consolation. Now I have to figure how to afford that.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 07:13 PM   #67

Run Forest Run.
Funny !!
Old Sep 5th 2017, 10:43 AM   #68

Race Exhaust 1299SL

I have installed the race exhaust on my 1299SL and in my case the stand is interfering with the routing of the race exhaust, so I wonder if i have mounted the exhaust correctly. I know that the side stand has to be removed if the belly pan is installed which others on this forum have discovered as well. But I wonder if others have discovered similar issue with the clash between side stand and race exhaust. I hope attached picture is showing the issue.

Thanks.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 11:58 AM   #69

I Ride: 1299S
Again ask any one of the guys on this board who has assembled and maintains their own bikes if they would trade it for a Factory assembled, dealer prepped turd and see how many takers you get. There is a reason they tell you to check all the nuts and bolts and look for water and oil leaks after you take delivery. Your going to need to. It can be quite a bike in the right company. I absolutely love my 1299 but I would never buy one off the floor.
Its a given that the factory just don't have the time to ensure or iron out the possibilities that any one bike will not present itself with human error related assembly faults once delivered to a customer. An issue might even manifest itself later down the line due to a dealer error. I'm lucky in that I am confident enough to strip any bike down to the engine (including both my last two Panigales) and rebuild them myself as per the workshop manual, without too much fuss and bother. For me it's not so much an exercise in allaying any fears or confidence I have in the build quality from the factory, more that I can build a bike to my own specifications and at the same time know that if something were to go wrong, I have only myself to blame. To date thats never happened.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 11:59 AM   #70

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by bakholm View Post
I have installed the race exhaust on my 1299SL and in my case the stand is interfering with the routing of the race exhaust, so I wonder if i have mounted the exhaust correctly. I know that the side stand has to be removed if the belly pan is installed which others on this forum have discovered as well. But I wonder if others have discovered similar issue with the clash between side stand and race exhaust. I hope attached picture is showing the issue.

Thanks.
Contact MotoRapido in the UK, they modified the race belly pan so you can run the full race exhaust with it fitted.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, exhaust, race, side, stand, superleggera

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.