Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree42Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 5th 2017, 01:06 PM   #71

Originally Posted by bakholm View Post
I have installed the race exhaust on my 1299SL and in my case the stand is interfering with the routing of the race exhaust, so I wonder if i have mounted the exhaust correctly. I know that the side stand has to be removed if the belly pan is installed which others on this forum have discovered as well. But I wonder if others have discovered similar issue with the clash between side stand and race exhaust. I hope attached picture is showing the issue.

Thanks.
this was answered today.

http://ducati1299.com/ducati-1299/29...tml#post291327

Old Sep 6th 2017, 04:55 AM   #72

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by bakholm View Post
I have installed the race exhaust on my 1299SL and in my case the stand is interfering with the routing of the race exhaust, so I wonder if i have mounted the exhaust correctly. I know that the side stand has to be removed if the belly pan is installed which others on this forum have discovered as well. But I wonder if others have discovered similar issue with the clash between side stand and race exhaust. I hope attached picture is showing the issue.

Thanks.
Grinding off a little from the side stand worked perfect for me - spacers behind the side stand mount should work too, but i didn't try it

Either way you go, riding the bike is all that matters
Old Sep 6th 2017, 09:21 AM   #73

Thank you guys. Today I learned that either grinding the stand or use washers will solve the issue. However, today I also received information/pictures from another 1299SL owner, that he managed to install the race exhaust with the stock side stand in place (without the belly pan) and it seems that there is at least 5mm gap/clearance between exhaust pipe and the stand. So during the weekend I will loosen all parts (again) and see if I can twist the exhaust away from the side stand. I will let you know the result.

In the meantime I would still appreciate any other feedback/solutions or ideas for this topic.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 02:25 PM   #74

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S, 1199 Panigale S, 848 EVO, 1299 Superleggera
fullsix now makes a belly pan kit for the Superleggera and Final edition race exhausts. I ordered my kit yesterday.

https://conquestcarbon.com/product/f...belly-pan-kit/
Thanks from Rich1199, VAST and SuperDuc29
Old Sep 19th 2017, 09:12 PM   #75

I Ride: 1299SL
Hi Bakholm,

Did you manage to loosen your race system and tweek it enough to get the side stand to clear the race system without having to grind it. I have finally received my 1299SL (#278) and plan on fitting the full race system once I have completed 1000km. I am considering the fullsix bellypan and just want to know if I can use the original standard side stand without modifying it. If it does need modifying then a pic from someone that shows how much needs to be ground off would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Guy
New Zealand.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:54 PM   #76

Has anyone actually cut the bellypan ? I'd like to see how much cutting was actually involved to retain the side stand /w full race system exhaust
Old Sep 20th 2017, 12:05 AM   #77

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by Rich1199 View Post
Has anyone actually cut the bellypan ? I'd like to see how much cutting was actually involved to retain the side stand /w full race system exhaust
As has been mentioned, contact MotoRapido in the UK. They can send you pics of the mod and tell you what you need to do.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 08:23 AM   #78

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by Guy1199TC View Post
Hi Bakholm,

Did you manage to loosen your race system and tweek it enough to get the side stand to clear the race system without having to grind it. I have finally received my 1299SL (#278) and plan on fitting the full race system once I have completed 1000km. I am considering the fullsix bellypan and just want to know if I can use the original standard side stand without modifying it. If it does need modifying then a pic from someone that shows how much needs to be ground off would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Guy
New Zealand.
3/16" does it
Old Oct 10th 2017, 10:24 AM   #79

Originally Posted by Guy1199TC View Post
Hi Bakholm,

Thanks
Guy
New Zealand.
Sorry I did not respond earlier - still new here. Yes - I actually managed to reinstalled the original standard sidestand without any grinding for the 1299SL. I loosened all bolts again for the racing exhaust - added a few washers at both sides where the exhaust is attached to the engine below in order to increase the distance between exhaust and sidestand. Also shifted the washers of the sidestand to the same side - just to increase the distance with another 1mm. The result is that there is a few mm clearance (less than 5mm) between exhaust and sidestand. If you like, I will be happy to send/post a few pictures.
Next challenge was to get the ECU remapped as it has to be done with the Ducati DDS tool which caused a lot a headache in my case - but after 3 attempts, it was finally successfully completed. Now completed 2200 km - so I assume after 2500 km I can slowly increase the "speed".
I have a question, as I learned that there was no bypass plug or dustcover in my kit for replacement exhaust servo motor which I removed. I find that stange and I decided to put the open plug into a small plastic bag just to protect it from dust and water. I wonder if anybody else received the bypass plug in their kit?? I am not talking about the bypass plug for the sidestand - which was part of my kit OK.

Regards Lars
Old Oct 10th 2017, 12:04 PM   #80

I Ride: 749 , 06 red frame, Scrambler Icon in red, 1199 Panigale abs, 1299SL
For info, Disconnected servo on 1199 does not throw a fault but does tell the ECU.
BUT on this one it throws the fault light and the race up map gets rid of it, I only had the plug for the side stand not the servo.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, exhaust, race, side, stand, superleggera

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.