Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree328Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 27th 2019, 03:03 PM   #251
KMY

Got the belts changed and annual fluids this week so took the 888 out for a proper ride today. Such a great well balanced bike. So easy to ride and incredible sound. She's still a looker too after all these years. Can't tell if I prefer the new stuff or the older bikes!

Have a few interesting additions incoming over the next several months so will try and keep this thread current. Hope the riding season is in full swing for everyone!

Kevin

Old Jun 27th 2019, 05:47 PM   #252

I Ride: 16R; 18 R1M
Originally Posted by KMY View Post
Got the belts changed and annual fluids this week so took the 888 out for a proper ride today. Such a great well balanced bike. So easy to ride and incredible sound. She's still a looker too after all these years. Can't tell if I prefer the new stuff or the older bikes!

Have a few interesting additions incoming over the next several months so will try and keep this thread current. Hope the riding season is in full swing for everyone!

Kevin

Still my favorite of your collection Kevin.
Thanks from KMY
Old Jun 27th 2019, 07:18 PM   #253

Best thread on the forum, always looking forward to the updates..

I didnt even know the 888 existed! What a beautiful bike.
Thanks from KMY
Old Jun 27th 2019, 08:39 PM   #254
KMY

Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
Still my favorite of your collection Kevin.
You gotta try one man! I think it would be a nice compliment to your other bikes. At the very least it would balance out some of the ferocity of the others

Itís way down on power but is so smooth and controllable. Probably a much more appropriate amount of grunt for me if Iím being honest. Very exploitable levels of performance. And the sound is glorious!!
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Jun 28th 2019, 05:49 AM   #255

Originally Posted by KMY View Post
You gotta try one man! I think it would be a nice compliment to your other bikes. At the very least it would balance out some of the ferocity of the others

Itís way down on power but is so smooth and controllable. Probably a much more appropriate amount of grunt for me if Iím being honest. Very exploitable levels of performance. And the sound is glorious!!
Still waiting for the time I can afford to buy this one of yours lol.
This is the first Ducati that ever really made me lust after. Awesome memories of chasing one up the Crest mid week. Only the two of us up there all day.
Thanks from KMY
Old Jun 28th 2019, 11:02 AM   #256
KMY

Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
Still waiting for the time I can afford to buy this one of yours lol.
This is the first Ducati that ever really made me lust after. Awesome memories of chasing one up the Crest mid week. Only the two of us up there all day.
I need to come up there and ride with you one of these days. maybe ship a bike to your favorite track. That is if you're ok towing a slow poke like me around!!
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 06:34 PM   #257
KMY

Warmed up a few of the bikes this evening that haven't been cycled in a while. Makes me want to go for a long ride!!!

1299SL with her older sibling...

Thanks from dsant, Twistedracer and Sherpa23
Old Jul 9th 2019, 09:15 PM   #258
KMY

Got the Aprilia out on track this weekend. Only my second track session ever but the bike made me feel like a pro. It's an insanely capable machine. Full system sounds amazing too. Seriously feeling like it's as good if not slightly better than the Speciale. Smooth on throttle, buttery shifts, rock solid stability mid corner and some serious grunt now with the additional displacement.

Next bike to try on circuit will be the V4R!

I might need a different suit for this bike. Don't think it was happy with my wardrobe!

Thanks from Twistedracer and Blade Runner

Last edited by KMY; Jul 9th 2019 at 09:17 PM.
Old Jul 9th 2019, 11:11 PM   #259

Haha love it!

You should put a small sticker on the bike saying " it's ok, my other bike is a v4 R"

Looking forward to reading the track comparison between the two. I hear the 1100cc makes the new aprillia pull like a train now from the bottom. Awesome seeing you having a killer time out there brother.
Old Jul 10th 2019, 03:06 AM   #260

The RSV4 has a great chassis. Great handling bike.
Donít worry about the leathers, always fun making people do double tales lol.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
panigale, stablemates

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed