Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree19Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 9th 2017, 02:14 PM   #1

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Throttle spacer and DQS

Question for those that track and have throttle spacer.

Man, I am not used to this. No play (I know it's good) but shit I am getting thrown off by the sensitivity. Did it take you guys long to get used to it? Should I continue and get used to it eventually?

Oh and I added RCS clutch and first session my DQS UP and DOWN wasn't functioning... not sure why and started to work at low speed when I was coming in. What you guys think?

I'm a intermediate guy and still long ways to go.

I am currently in T Hill. Lol will post pics later.

Last edited by youngR; Apr 9th 2017 at 02:21 PM.

Old Apr 9th 2017, 02:35 PM   #2

I Ride: Panigale R, 1098R, 996S
i've always like zero play in my throttle so for my other bikes with a cable throttle, i've always adjusted it to have zero play.

it does take some time to get used to it and to open it smoothly from zero throttle, but since you just installed it and you're at the track now, you might want to remove it until you have more seat time with it. Installing it and taking it straight to the track without getting used to its sensitivity is gonna be dangerous!

as for the clutch, no idea why changing the master would interfere with the DQS as you don't need to touch the lever for anything other than neutral to first but gl out there!
Thanks from youngR
Old Apr 9th 2017, 02:46 PM   #3

I Ride: '14 1199S '16 675R
Did you properly re-install the clutch switch when you switched masters? DQS is probably programmed to disable itself when the bike thinks the clutch is pulled in so if that switch isn't right that might be your problem.
Thanks from youngR and Twistedracer
Old Apr 9th 2017, 03:08 PM   #4

Originally Posted by BTrain5489 View Post
Did you properly re-install the clutch switch when you switched masters? DQS is probably programmed to disable itself when the bike thinks the clutch is pulled in so if that switch isn't right that might be your problem.
Clutch wasn't installed by me but by a shop as it was siting there anyway.

Funny enough that in low speed i.e. Just cusing in pitlane, I can shift up and down easily...

I know what you are talking about but I think DQS has nothing to do with that. You shouldn't have to pull in clutch to engage QS. I heard it was just that initial fueling when clutch is pulled in.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 04:49 PM   #5

I Ride: Something Faster Than Me (1199R)
The spacers I received came with (2) sized spacers. I installed the larger one first...took a quick spin...ended up putting in the smaller size. Not sure if your kit was the same. The larger spacer felt a bit too crisp for me as well. I got used to the smaller spacer at a trackday as well. One session and was good to go. Hopefully you get it figured out. Good luck.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 05:38 PM   #6

Originally Posted by tack514 View Post
The spacers I received came with (2) sized spacers. I installed the larger one first...took a quick spin...ended up putting in the smaller size. Not sure if your kit was the same. The larger spacer felt a bit too crisp for me as well. I got used to the smaller spacer at a trackday as well. One session and was good to go. Hopefully you get it figured out. Good luck.
It came with 2 spacer. One big one and one small one but they want you to install both. Maybe I can install one and take other one out.

Last edited by youngR; Apr 9th 2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 06:12 PM   #7

I installed mine and my throttle became telepathic. I think of it and the bike gives me that instantly. But i learned that your arms need to be very loose on the bike with throttle by wire system. Stiff arms mean road bumps translate to throttle movement and jerky ride. Panigale requires change in riding style. If you keep your arms bent and hold the throttle like screwdriver, bumps don't upset the bike.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Thanks from youngR
Old Apr 9th 2017, 06:24 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Marmoot View Post
I installed mine and my throttle became telepathic. I think of it and the bike gives me that instantly. But i learned that your arms need to be very loose on the bike with throttle by wire system. Stiff arms mean road bumps translate to throttle movement and jerky ride. Panigale requires change in riding style. If you keep your arms bent and hold the throttle like screwdriver, bumps don't upset the bike.

I wonder if I can install just one but yes it is instant.

Mid corner bike jerked few times. Not used to sensitivity
Old Apr 9th 2017, 08:38 PM   #9

Midcorner jerk may indicate stiff arm. When leant over, the bike has less suspension to work with bumps because the forks are no longer perpendicular to the road.

Thanks from youngR, Mutt1979 and Stavro
Old Apr 9th 2017, 09:15 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Marmoot View Post
Midcorner jerk may indicate stiff arm. When leant over, the bike has less suspension to work with bumps because the forks are no longer perpendicular to the road.

Got it and acknowledge about suspension. No need to explain

Obviously I'm not use to it. I tycoucally do up to 52 degree with stock SPs

Right now it is very sensitive when I'm around that lean angle.

If 0 is stock and 10 zero slack (currently), I think I prefer around 7
Thanks from Marmoot

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
dqs, spacer, throttle

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.