Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree923Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 23rd 2017, 09:48 AM   #111
Senior Member
 
Gecko's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Switzerland

Posts: 1,807
Thanks: 1705

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
Yesterday I installed a FactoryPro shift kit on my race pani: Ducati 899 / 1199 Panigale Shift kit ECU Factory Pro 800 869-0497

Switched to AFAM superlight sprocket and found some steel bolts left that I replaced with Ti.

Also made a Ti bolt with stud for replacing the dash holder's lower screw attached to the monocoque.
Attached Thumbnails
What Did You Do For Your Panigale Today?-img_0764.jpg   What Did You Do For Your Panigale Today?-img_0778.jpg   What Did You Do For Your Panigale Today?-img_0782.jpg   What Did You Do For Your Panigale Today?-img_0789.jpg   What Did You Do For Your Panigale Today?-img_0792.jpg  

Gecko is online now  
 
Old May 23rd 2017, 10:24 AM   #112
Senior Member
 
Twistedracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Spanaway, Wa

Posts: 1,900
Thanks: 1018

I Ride: 15R 16R
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
Yesterday I installed a FactoryPro shift kit on my race pani: Ducati 899 / 1199 Panigale Shift kit ECU Factory Pro 800 869-0497

Switched to AFAM superlight sprocket and found some steel bolts left that I replaced with Ti.

Also made a Ti bolt with stud for replacing the dash holder's lower screw attached to the monocoque.
Gecko any noticeable difference with the shift kit?
Twistedracer is offline  
Old May 23rd 2017, 10:38 AM   #113
Senior Member
 
Gecko's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Switzerland

Posts: 1,807
Thanks: 1705

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
Gecko any noticeable difference with the shift kit?
Can't tell you yet, I have to wait for the next track day
Shifting feels a bit harder/firmer. Luckily I have a cordona QS installed (4th image upper left corner) which allows tweaking the trigger force. I guess I have to increase the trigger level slightly.
Thanks from Twistedracer and mordor

Last edited by Gecko; May 23rd 2017 at 10:47 AM.
Gecko is online now  
Old May 23rd 2017, 11:32 AM   #114
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: NorCal

Posts: 615
Thanks: 176

I Ride: Panigale R, 1098R, 996S
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
Can't tell you yet, I have to wait for the next track day
Shifting feels a bit harder/firmer. Luckily I have a cordona QS installed (4th image upper left corner) which allows tweaking the trigger force. I guess I have to increase the trigger level slightly.
the shift kit made the shifting on my 996 a lot more precise with the harder/firmer feel so I'd be interested in hearing if it's worthwhile for the panigales as well.
timwu12 is offline  
Old May 23rd 2017, 03:27 PM   #115
Senior Member
 
youngR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: USA

Posts: 2,714
Thanks: 1017

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
Can't tell you yet, I have to wait for the next track day
Shifting feels a bit harder/firmer. Luckily I have a cordona QS installed (4th image upper left corner) which allows tweaking the trigger force. I guess I have to increase the trigger level slightly.
Gecko,

I have this on with OEM QS. I does work better. Cleaner and crisper. I'm glad that I got it.
Thanks from Gecko and Twistedracer
youngR is offline  
Old May 26th 2017, 05:26 PM   #116
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: West Virginia

Posts: 23
Thanks: 9

I finally got to change out my chain and sprockets today.
Unfortunately I won't get to ride until Monday but at least it looks pretty. But not as pretty as Gecko's
Attached Thumbnails
What Did You Do For Your Panigale Today?-img_1645.jpg   What Did You Do For Your Panigale Today?-img_1646d.jpg  
Thanks from youngR and Twistedracer

Last edited by JasonD0987; May 26th 2017 at 05:30 PM.
JasonD0987 is offline  
Old May 26th 2017, 05:46 PM   #117
Senior Member
 
youngR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: USA

Posts: 2,714
Thanks: 1017

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by JasonD0987 View Post
I finally got to change out my chain and sprockets today.
Unfortunately I won't get to ride until Monday but at least it looks pretty. But not as pretty as Gecko's
man...I need to do this.
youngR is offline  
Old May 26th 2017, 06:11 PM   #118
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,105
Thanks: 1066

I put it on during the build so I have nothing to compare it to. The dimensions of the bearing on the stock unit and the Factory Pro is the same. The only difference is the stock unit is a plain steel roller on a pin lubricated by engine oil. The Factory Pro has little micro bearings. Other than that, unless the spring rate is different, the two parts are dimensionally identical. So I really want to call placebo on this one. Unless the spring rate does something, I just can't rationalize that your going to physically be able to determine a friction reduction resulting in a more positive feel from something that insignificant. The plain bearing is very smooth. Additionally, if that bearing were to fail you now have an engine full of pencil size ball bearings. Not so good. So it's in there but I skeptical. Does anyone know if the spring rate is different than stock? Lastly there is a small M6 bolt that holds the lever in. The torq spec is light and the bolt is into aluminum. I know of two people who stripped this easily. It's into the engine case so proceed cautiously during installation. Fixing that was a bitch as there is little room to tap up a size.
Thanks from Gecko, youngR and Twistedracer
endodoc is offline  
Old May 26th 2017, 06:20 PM   #119
Senior Member
 
youngR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: USA

Posts: 2,714
Thanks: 1017

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
I put it on during the build so I have nothing to compare it to. The dimensions of the bearing on the stock unit and the Factory Pro is the same. The only difference is the stock unit is a plain steel roller on a pin lubricated by engine oil. The Factory Pro has little micro bearings. Other than that, unless the spring rate is different, the two parts are dimensionally identical. So I really want to call placebo on this one. Unless the spring rate does something, I just can't rationalize that your going to physically be able to determine a friction reduction resulting in a more positive feel from something that insignificant. The plain bearing is very smooth. Additionally, if that bearing were to fail you now have an engine full of pencil size ball bearings. Not so good. So it's in there but I skeptical. Does anyone know if the spring rate is different than stock? Lastly there is a small M6 bolt that holds the lever in. The torq spec is light and the bolt is into aluminum. I know of two people who stripped this easily. It's into the engine case so proceed cautiously during installation. Fixing that was a bitch as there is little room to tap up a size.
Cant answer your question on the spring rate. I had DucShop install it in GA when I was out of town.

But I can say positively that OEM shifting was mushy and almost no feel to it compared FactoryPro and it had better feelings.

Last edited by youngR; May 26th 2017 at 06:27 PM.
youngR is offline  
Old May 26th 2017, 06:22 PM   #120
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,105
Thanks: 1066

Well if you noticed an improvement, thats all that really matters. Just curious as to the mechanics of why.
endodoc is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
panigale, today



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Had a go on the 899 panigale today tcelano Ducati 899 15 Apr 26th 2017 08:00 PM
Traded my 1199 today and got this today... ScrapperX Ducati 1299 38 Apr 28th 2015 05:46 PM
Ride back with a few of the locals Panigale lads today Carl1199 Ducati 1199 11 Dec 23rd 2014 03:25 AM
Just picked up my base panigale today - stalled three times JLee Ducati 1199 37 Apr 7th 2013 03:25 PM
Lurker actually buys Panigale today! jjsC6 Ducati 1199 63 Mar 31st 2013 06:42 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed