Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree61Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 16th 2018, 08:10 AM   #111

Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
As far as anything on the bike to confirm install. No. However if you have the EVO upmap key done on your bike. That still shows up on start up. My dealer gave me a print out of the upgrade performed on my bike it shows all the info you need to confirm the software has been added. This can also confirms the install during selling time. Also if the new customer wants to confirm the install he can take the bike to any Ducati dealer and confirm the install. Just as an FYI. The dealer needs your VIN number to order the software and it is only good for your VIN when it is being downloaded from Ducati Italy.

As far as how power is delivered. Yes to me, BIG difference. But I am very sensitive to any changes on my bike. The power comes on in a much more liner way now. And what I mean by this is. When exiting a turn the bike is much more controllable. I can't say many are going to ride this bike in a manner to truly feel this difference. But to a person with a lot of track time and has the confidence to come on the power hard out of a turn while leaned over. Yeah you will notice a big difference in power delivery. The other difference is mid turn confidence. I can apply power now and not feel like the bike is taking a pause during the time I want power. This is one of the more welcome changes I liked.

Also as of note. You can leave DTC on 3 and it will still have an effect on the DWC. The wheelie control is much better as well. However if you are into showboating this my not be the upgrade for you. As DTC3 no longer allows you to loft the front wheel like before you will need to run in DWC 2 or 1. But then you will need some throttle control because these settings are not idiot proof.

My settings that I am enjoying at the moment are 2232 or 2222.
Thanks a lot for this.
Can't wait to have my bike back from dealer.
Thanks from Blade Runner

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
ducati, performance, upgrade