Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree58Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 5th 2017, 03:45 AM   #51

So in resume for regular riders the upgrade is a waste of money only track riders will benefit rigth ?
In my country is 430 €.

Old Jun 5th 2017, 04:07 AM   #52

I Ride: 2016 1199R Pani, R6 racer, 2014 1199S Pani, 2016 BMW S1000RR, KTM 250exc, GasGas 250txt, skateboard
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
... this upgrade is NOT intended for very many riders, Ducati offered it specifically for those racing or track riding who want and can use the advanced features of the EVO setup. They'll probably sell 100 worldwide. So not, it's not a conspiracy to make a million dollars. And, no it's not intended to "screw" anyone. They offered it as a helpful upgrade to those who actually need it.
With respect @Jarelj I disagree. That is like saying the original traction control systems were only for experienced riders who are skilled enough to lean on the system, etc. This new upgrade isn't just about giving skilled riders extra skids and wheelies powers, it's also an overall software upgrade that will benefit any riders in the same way as the existing systems. The software is all round more developed than the old one so it will work better in all areas.
Thanks from ChrisE

Last edited by royal; Jun 5th 2017 at 04:09 AM.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 06:57 AM   #53

I Ride: '14 1199S '16 675R
Originally Posted by royal View Post
With respect @Jarelj I disagree. That is like saying the original traction control systems were only for experienced riders who are skilled enough to lean on the system, etc. This new upgrade isn't just about giving skilled riders extra skids and wheelies powers, it's also an overall software upgrade that will benefit any riders in the same way as the existing systems. The software is all round more developed than the old one so it will work better in all areas.
The EVO package is probably just a mechanism for guys who are fast enough/skilled enough to be kicking around the idea of turning off the electronics entirely to get a little extra mileage out of them. The fact that the intervention curve supposedly tracks ideal traction a bit more closely might be useful to someone chasing tenths on the pointy end of things but 99% of Panigale owners aren't that person.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 07:03 AM   #54

Might as well have the best u can get!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Jun 5th 2017, 07:47 AM   #55
Site Sponsor

I Ride: Shopping for a new track bike...
Originally Posted by royal View Post
I would not disagree there is SOME benefit to improved algorithms in the system that in theory are "better" for everyone, my point is the PRIMARY new development in DTC EVO (as stated by Ducati) is the advanced slide control for advanced riders to drift the rear more on corner exits on the track. So if you want "better" just for the sake of better, and don't care about cost, then there's certainly nothing wrong with getting the upgrade. But know what you're getting in that case is probably something that will never manifest itself to you as a rider in any perceptible way if you're not at the level of drifting the rear on the track. If Ducati was doing the upgrade for free, I'd certainly take it if I owned one of those bikes, but at the cost it's at, I'd have to really want it.

NOT that I haven't spent money on cool things for my bike that I really didn't need, I have a serious affliction for racing parts that probably don't make me any faster but I just like having them! But those are things that people can SEE and I can take pride in. I don't see myself standing at the track with someone looking at my bike in the pits and going "Hey check out my new EVO software!". Ha ha!
Thanks from flipper24196 and royal
Old Jun 5th 2017, 08:20 AM   #56

Right now I'd settle for the electronics working as they should
Old Jun 5th 2017, 07:05 PM   #57

I Ride: 2016 Ducati Panigale 1299 S
Back when I had a Speed Triple, after I got the suspension set up for me, I realize that I could spin up the rear getting on the gas at the apex on the street. The first time I did it it surprised me, soon after I could control it. The Speed Triple has a ton of low end torque and this was an 06 so this is before TC.

Once I moved to a liter bike I no longer spun the rear on the street. The literbikes I have had needed to be way up in the revs to make 70+ foot pounds of torque, something the Speed Triple did at 3k.

Now, if the 1299 has equal low end torque, I will take the EVO. I certainly don't need it, nor do I need to spin the rear on the street, but it would be nice to have a safety measure as the 1299 has about 70 HP and 25 foot pounds of torque over the Triple. I really need to buy another one just to have it. Lol
Thanks from Johnnyflies
Old Jun 6th 2017, 08:55 AM   #58

I Ride: 1098 + 1299S
And what's the benefit of the EVO Update for DWC? It's not discribed on the Ducati website, just mentioned in the headline "Ducati Traction & Wheelie Control Evo"
Old Jun 6th 2017, 04:12 PM   #59

I Ride: 2015 1299 Panigale
Originally Posted by jogy View Post
And what's the benefit of the EVO Update for DWC? It's not discribed on the Ducati website, just mentioned in the headline "Ducati Traction & Wheelie Control Evo"
Better and smoother intervention. And slide control in DTC level 1 and 2. I ordered today, but it's not available just let
Old Jun 6th 2017, 06:02 PM   #60

I Ride: Panigale S ABS
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
I would not disagree there is SOME benefit to improved algorithms in the system that in theory are "better" for everyone, my point is the PRIMARY new development in DTC EVO (as stated by Ducati) is the advanced slide control for advanced riders to drift the rear more on corner exits on the track. So if you want "better" just for the sake of better, and don't care about cost, then there's certainly nothing wrong with getting the upgrade. But know what you're getting in that case is probably something that will never manifest itself to you as a rider in any perceptible way if you're not at the level of drifting the rear on the track. If Ducati was doing the upgrade for free, I'd certainly take it if I owned one of those bikes, but at the cost it's at, I'd have to really want it.

NOT that I haven't spent money on cool things for my bike that I really didn't need, I have a serious affliction for racing parts that probably don't make me any faster but I just like having them! But those are things that people can SEE and I can take pride in. I don't see myself standing at the track with someone looking at my bike in the pits and going "Hey check out my new EVO software!". Ha ha!
That's good enough for me, new tyres for me it is then......

Only one Ducati dealership here Jarel, any chance you'd expand your franchise to Ireland. What you'd lose on selling upgrades, you'd more than make up for selling actual bikes........just a thought
Thanks from Yoda

Last edited by flipper24196; Jun 6th 2017 at 06:05 PM.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
ducati, performance, upgrade