Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree7Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 6th 2017, 07:26 AM   #1

Brembo pads and where to buy them?

My OEM pads are beginning to get a bit thin. I've read a lot of opinions here stating how bad the OEM pads are and upgrade options. It seems the z04 pads are being pushed quite a bit. I'm gonna buck that trend and say that I think the stock pads are pretty decent even at a decent track clip. I think the OEM pads offer good feel, linear progression and they stop the bike very well. On the downside there is some initial brake fade but once they are hit the fade more or less stabilizes and they still offer good feel and stopping. I also notice they do wear fairly quickly when used on track.
Looking at Brembo's website there are 4 levels of pads ranging from OEM to RC. IIRC the Z04 pads are actually a "kit" pad so it should be a bit different from the RC pad. What I am looking for is similar characteristics as the OEM pads but without the fade. I also don't want to spend $300 for a set of OEM pads.
What are your recommendations? Where do you order your brembo pads from?

Old Jun 6th 2017, 07:35 AM   #2

I Ride: 16 1199R
You can get Brembo pads from Lee at Lemick Racing. He also is a dealer for Ferodo I would recommend Z-rac pads. They are about $240 for the fronts definitely the best pads I have fun.

Originally Posted by Domino View Post
My OEM pads are beginning to get a bit thin. I've read a lot of opinions here stating how bad the OEM pads are and upgrade options. It seems the z04 pads are being pushed quite a bit. I'm gonna buck that trend and say that I think the stock pads are pretty decent even at a decent track clip. I think the OEM pads offer good feel, linear progression and they stop the bike very well. On the downside there is some initial brake fade but once they are hit the fade more or less stabilizes and they still offer good feel and stopping. I also notice they do wear fairly quickly when used on track.
Looking at Brembo's website there are 4 levels of pads ranging from OEM to RC. IIRC the Z04 pads are actually a "kit" pad so it should be a bit different from the RC pad. What I am looking for is similar characteristics as the OEM pads but without the fade. I also don't want to spend $300 for a set of OEM pads.
What are your recommendations? Where do you order your brembo pads from?
Old Jun 6th 2017, 09:52 AM   #3

I Ride: Anniversario l Hypermotard 939 SP
I have Z-rac pads and they work great on the carbon rotors but equally as well on steel. Bellissimoto sells them for a pretty good price.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Thanks from Thamer
Old Jun 7th 2017, 04:48 AM   #4
Site Sponsor

I Ride: V4S and Ninja 400. Dichotomy.
Take a look at SBS also, I've been running the DS pads for 2 seasons now and they're really good and last a LONG time.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 11:40 AM   #5

I Ride: MY17 Panigale 1299s
Just look for SBS pads... ITS BREMBO ! with a different packing

Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
Take a look at SBS also, I've been running the DS pads for 2 seasons now and they're really good and last a LONG time.
Thanks from Thamer
Old May 8th 2018, 12:06 PM   #6

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
Old topic but bringing it up since I need to set. I will take your recommendation and order it Jarel.
Old May 8th 2018, 12:46 PM   #7

I Ride: 2015 1199R
....who uses brakes ??.....aren't they for stopping...
Thanks from mark419ny
Old May 8th 2018, 01:00 PM   #8
Site Sponsor

I Ride: V4S and Ninja 400. Dichotomy.
That was as year ago, and I still highly recommend the SBS pads, they're my favorites. I've never had any other pads that last anywhere near as long, they're truly amazing pads. If you race or do a lot of track days, they'll pay for themselves without sacrificing any performance.
Thanks from Phl
Old May 29th 2018, 06:26 AM   #9

Funny, I am back looking for a set of pads again and saw this post. I wound up going with the SC compound pads in lieu of the organic pads since they were both sintered. I would say that I got two good track days out of the SC pads but this last day performance fell off a cliff. Under heavy braking (150-40mph), they just wouldn’t stop anywhere near as well as they would when they were new. On the plus side they are very inexpensive (I paid $104 for both calipers) they would definitely be a great pad for anything up to a slower a group rider but if you’re running a fast a group pace be prepared to change pads often.

I’m thinking about the z04 pads, and am wondering what their life expectancy is? I may also give the SBS a try.

Last edited by Domino; May 29th 2018 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old May 29th 2018, 06:52 AM   #10

I Ride: 16 1199R
You cant go wrong with Z-rac or the z04 pads. I have been running Ferodo pads for the last 10 years currently the Z-rac so hit up Lee at Lemick his prices are good and awesome service.

Originally Posted by Domino View Post
Funny, I am back looking for a set of pads again and saw this post. I wound up going with the SC compound pads in lieu of the organic pads since they were both sintered. I would say that I got two good track days out of the SC pads but this last day performance fell off a cliff. Under heavy braking (150-40mph), they just wouldn’t stop anywhere near as well as they would when they were new. On the plus side they are very inexpensive (I paid $104 for both calipers) they would definitely be a great pad for anything up to a slower a group rider but if you’re running a fast a group pace be prepared to change pads often.

I’m thinking about the z04 pads, and am wondering what their life expectancy is? I may also give the SBS a try.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
brembo, buy, pads