Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree69Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 7th 2017, 08:39 AM   #31

I Ride: 15R 16R
Originally Posted by MdDuc View Post
You're riding an 1199. Should be an S1000RR.
But but I don't like winky eye face. Now the new HP4 track version
Thanks from MdDuc

Old Jun 7th 2017, 08:45 AM   #32

I Ride: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S ABS, 2014 Triumph Daytona 675R, 2016 BMW R nine T, 2010 Vespa 300 GTS
Overall, I don't think you look too bad. I would definitely suggest listening to some of Ken Hill's podcast if you haven't already. Ken does a very nice job describing many subjects, including body position.

Take what you want from these pics (or critique me as well), but body position has always been something that I'm pretty particular about. For reference, I'm 5'11" around 175-180lbs and ride in the "advance" group for track days (definitely not the fastest guy out there though...)

Thanks from mark419ny and Twistedracer
Old Jun 7th 2017, 08:56 AM   #33

I Ride: 2010 RSV4 Factory (Track), Paul Smart LE, 1199 Panigale S Tricolore (SOLD)
Originally Posted by jmparton View Post
Overall, I don't think you look too bad. I would definitely suggest listening to some of Ken Hill's podcast if you haven't already. Ken does a very nice job describing many subjects, including body position.

Take what you want from these pics (or critique me as well), but body position has always been something that I'm pretty particular about. For reference, I'm 5'11" around 175-180lbs and ride in the "advance" group for track days (definitely not the fastest guy out there though...)

Looking good out there imparting!

I agree, Ken Hill's Podcasts are awesome and full of great info. One thing that Ken does talk about is that body position is lower on his priority list and you can be a very fast rider with less than stellar body position. Bike placement, vision, and brakes are all higher on his list of what to focus on.

For example, take a look at Toprack Razgatlioglu in WSSTK, and you can see his body position doesn't effect how damn fast he is. He just doesn't appear as fluid or exaggerated with his body but it doesn't effect his ability to win.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 09:02 AM   #34

Originally Posted by jmparton View Post

Looking at your pics your chest seems 3/4 off the tank. I'm only halfway. I'll work for more.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 09:13 AM   #35

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
Looking at your pics your chest seems 3/4 off the tank. I'm only halfway. I'll work for more.
One thing consider is that He is NOT riding a Panigale. All bikes are different so you can't completely compare.

I had to adjust for every bike at the track, whether it was BMW1000RR, Honda, or whatever.

Having said that, I think you look solid. Leather looks good. What size are you wearing? I have the same suit and I am same height. And I also agree with both you and Heron about Knee Sliders needing to be higher.

Only thing I can say and it is Same thing I am working on is to put my head down more and head more off the bike, working on my hand grip to be able to bend my elbows more.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 09:23 AM   #36

Originally Posted by youngR View Post
One thing consider is that He is NOT riding a Panigale. All bikes are different so you can't completely compare.

I had to adjust for every bike at the track, whether it was BMW1000RR, Honda, or whatever.

Having said that, I think you look solid. Leather looks good. What size are you wearing? I have the same suit and I am same height. And I also agree with both you and Heron about Knee Sliders needing to be higher.

Only thing I can say and it is Same thing I am working on is to put my head down more and head more off the bike, working on my hand grip to be able to bend my elbows more.
Suit is a 52. On my old '06 ZX10 I had to rotate my hips around the tank to weight the front properly.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 09:37 AM   #37

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Suit is a 52. On my old '06 ZX10 I had to rotate my hips around the tank to weight the front properly.
Oh ok. I am currently wearing 50 and its getting tighter every year. I dont think I will fit in few years as I will get fat as I get older. haha!

I did notice that Dainese 52 and Ducati 52 is little too long on the legs...

Does not go with my short legs. I think Italians have longer legs and shorter upper body. lol
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Jun 7th 2017, 09:52 AM   #38

Originally Posted by youngR View Post
Oh ok. I am currently wearing 50 and its getting tighter every year. I dont think I will fit in few years as I will get fat as I get older. haha!

I did notice that Dainese 52 and Ducati 52 is little too long on the legs...

Does not go with my short legs. I think Italians have longer legs and shorter upper body. lol
I think their model had a case of saggy knee syndrome
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:13 AM   #39

The 1299 and R models have lean angle data.
Wow that's awesome! Didn't know that!
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:18 AM   #40

Originally Posted by rrgermanlv View Post
Wow that's awesome! Didn't know that!
Uh oh , trade time?

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
critique

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed