Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree102Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 09:15 AM   #11

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299s, 2013 Triumph 675R
Originally Posted by Thamer View Post
I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. I enjoy the sarcasm and quick wittedness of this group. I think we have a lot of people with great info to share I just feel it gets lost with the "my penis is mightier than yours" commentary. That's why I miss Wilks. Straight forward talk from experience, with the undertones of sarcasm to make it interesting.
And Chaotic. Dude is killing it on a 1299S in WERA but doesn't come around anymore. His posts were always inightful and I looked forward to his race reports.
Thanks from Thamer

Old Jul 22nd 2017, 09:35 AM   #12

I Ride: 1199 Panigale
I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. I enjoy the sarcasm and quick wittedness of this group. I think we have a lot of people with great info to share I just feel it gets lost with the "my penis is mightier than yours" commentary. That's why I miss Wilks. Straight forward talk from experience, with the undertones of sarcasm to make it interesting.
But....butttt......Thamer.....Mine IS bigger than yours

NOLA
Thanks from Thamer
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 09:44 AM   #13

I Ride: 2017 RSV4 RF, 2010 RSV4 Factory
I think based on human nature and keyboard warriors there's always gonna be som BS to ignore and sift through on forums. There does need to be a balance of relative bike, parts, setup, tech, and race discussions and info that out weighs the nonsense to be a good forum. I think there are a lot of good intelligent members here and we have let the balance shift the wrong way.

Shit, I don't even have a Panigale anymore but I've been here so long I dont want to go as there is some good info and members. I'll admit...some of the nonsense is entertaining as well. Anyway, it would be good to get the balance back and keep everyone coming back here.
Thanks from cmh210 and Thamer
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 09:58 AM   #14

Sadly this is how forums are becoming all over. Its been like this for a while even. Nearly 11 years ago I joined 1000rr.net as my first motorcycle forum when I started riding motorcycles. That forum was great and over the years turned to shit. A group of folks from that group started their own forum and invited all the like minded/helpful people to that forum. It consisted of 100 or so people. Not much got posted in there due to not having tons of users.

After getting my first Ducati in 2011 I joined Ducati.org - That forum too was great and quickly went to crap. I was very active on 1000rr and Ducati. but haven't been on any forum since just because the BS has pushed me away. I come through and read things from time to time. Most of the threads I read with users asking for help get their answer. They may have to deal with a few BS posts before they get the real answer but in the end they get what they need.

I don't know if anyone here remembers Frank Stephenson or not. He was on .org and some other Ducati forums. He built a very nice bike with some custom parts straight out of the Mclaren facilities. He got bashed by the vast majority of people posting in his threads. He did a great job writing back some hysterical comments but he's nowhere to be found anymore. I see his usernames popping up but his Post Counts look like mine anymore. Wilks has had some terrific builds. Kope. The list can go on and on and on. Yet you don't see these guys around anymore because of all the crap.

Whoever posted the comment about trolling I think has hit the nail on the head. Everyone wants to be funny and post something to get "likes" or "thanks" just like social media with Facebook and Instagram.

Theres my rant for the decade.
Thanks from Thamer
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 01:49 PM   #15

I Ride: 2016 Ducati Panigale 1299 S
Disappointed

For the forum members

I have been reading posts of recent and I have to say I am disappointed. I really come to the forum cause I love bikes, I love Ducati, I use this forum for knowledge, experience, and to get ideas for little projects that I can manage, (either skill wise, or financially). I truly live vicariously through many of you guys and think many are luckier than myself to have the time and money to dedicate to track riding.

These days most of what I read is how "stupid one owner is", or "this guy doesn't know WTF he's doing", or "look how smart I am compared to you" things along this line.

I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and experiences here. I try not to post quick shitty comments, though that's how my New York mind works 90% of the time. Instead I realize that this is a forum and the unspoken agreement is respect.

While I don't think most here are inherently bad I feel people need to work on their presentations with there thoughts and try not to lose their ideas in the way they demonstrate them.

Don't get me wrong I don't feel we need to all take our shirts off and hug, (unless your a female rider in which please post pics as proof...lol). However, I really have seen some really valid point and information just get lost in the tsunami of shit that gets spread here.

please, as this is one of the only forums I belong to and check daily. After my shoulder surgery this September I hope to race for one more season before just becoming a track day bum. I will really need help from time to time and I just don't want that help to get lost in translation.

Thanks for listening.

You should try the CBR Forum. It's milk and pussy cats over here compared to there. You better not ask about oil on that forum. Lol

With that said, I'm not going to lie, I have read a few post where people openly disparage others (superleggera thread). I have been on other forums that were much worse so I would not go as far as saying I'm disappointed. If it bothers you, put them on ignore. Lol

Can you do that on this forum?
Thanks from Phl and Thamer

Last edited by AmpForE; Jul 22nd 2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 03:26 PM   #16

Forums are like arguing with a group drunks....and your sober.
Thanks from Thamer and jpanigale
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 04:42 PM   #17

I Ride: 2004 Ducati 749R / 2001 748S / 2017 1299 SL on the way
Enjoy this forum guys, I'm out. Too much childish BS for a place that is meant to discuss the passion of bikes and a brand.
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 04:58 PM   #18

I Ride: Aprilia RSV4 F
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
And Chaotic. Dude is killing it on a 1299S in WERA but doesn't come around anymore. His posts were always inightful and I looked forward to his race reports.
I'm an Ape guy and on the Wera board as well. A large reason you don't see him and others on this board anymore is that a large portion of the people here simply gloat about a bike they stare at as a trophy rather than actually ride it the way it was intended. I see significantly more old schoolers riding their Multis circles around people on the superbikes pimped out to the 10th degree but sporting 2 inches of fresh sidewall meat.

A review of the posts shows an increase of the armchair superbike expert. How can any trackday, racer, canyon/mountain rider not get tired of reading that BS.
Thanks from Phl, Rogue and shakazulu12
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 07:10 PM   #19

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Originally Posted by Duc749r View Post
Enjoy this forum guys, I'm out. Too much childish BS for a place that is meant to discuss the passion of bikes and a brand.
Good bye.
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 07:23 PM   #20

Interesting observation. I guess I'm guilty of having too much virgins rubber on the side walls. The black bike is nothing more than a platform to test and try parts I make for myself and others so I guess I'm a poser. I'm just wondering how different that is than all the racers and canyon champs out there with all the stickers and decals and fancy uniform patches of all the companies that they have absolutely no affiliation or sponsorship with. kinda makes you wonder. I guess the devil is in the details.
Thanks from MotoX183

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
disappointed