Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree2Thanks
  • 1 Post By Calderara di Reno
  • 1 Post By vqtt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 4th 2017, 08:25 PM   #1

Panigale R tuning solutions

hey guys as the title stated . what's everyone using for tuning ? I had rapid bike racing module installed .seems fine at first but developed some issues at 5.5-6.5k (ignition ) had it fixed by Yaman everything ran smooth after , I had my bike service recently rode the bike today the problem came back . my mods are Termi titanium headers with forward exit carbon cans , mwr air filter .

Old Aug 4th 2017, 09:19 PM   #2

Interesting, I'm currently working on mine. Have you got EVO or Race ?
I have installed, RB Race, and only a few weeks ago, My Tuning (Wide band O2 sensors), and
You Tune controller. As close as you can get with mods as you have . My exhaust is FM Projects Evo6 forward exit , which are probably higher flowing than yours. Plus I have race fairing air ducts which are massive.
Only last night I had my bike hooked up to the technician at Dimsport Italy ( RapidBike). He found a few issues and rectified, but I'm trying to find a better power supply on my bike because the O2 sensors were not operating due to low voltage. WTF ? You can adjust the TP with RB software , but needs to be done under load , i.e.; on a dyno . I had an issue with mine stalling, weak below 3000 rpm , due to TP setting.
This techo actually is involved writing the programs , not a rep or distributor , so he has access to all the back page writings.
Old Aug 4th 2017, 09:27 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Calderara di Reno View Post
Interesting, I'm currently working on mine. Have you got EVO or Race ?
I have installed, RB Race, and only a few weeks ago, My Tuning (Wide band O2 sensors), and
You Tune controller. As close as you can get with mods as you have . My exhaust is FM Projects Evo6 forward exit , which are probably higher flowing than yours. Plus I have race fairing air ducts which are massive.
Only last night I had my bike hooked up to the technician at Dimsport Italy ( RapidBike). He found a few issues and rectified, but I'm trying to find a better power supply on my bike because the O2 sensors were not operating due to low voltage. WTF ? You can adjust the TP with RB software , but needs to be done under load , i.e.; on a dyno . I had an issue with mine stalling, weak below 3000 rpm , due to TP setting.
This techo actually is involved writing the programs , not a rep or distributor , so he has access to all the back page writings.
mine is the Race module as well . just the racing module no youtune or my tuning modules . I bought a Brentuning handheld for tuning as well it didn't even read the R ecu . only option I found is the Termignoni T-800 upmap for the new larger termis I have on now .
Old Aug 4th 2017, 10:02 PM   #4

Ive learnt bit over the last week or so, not an expert tho. Presuming for road and occasional track. It shouldnt matter what ecu map or upgrade to the map , RB manipulates all the A/F regardless, the Race version has a slightly more aggressive ignition map in it . This doesnt change , but is changeable via the software on a dyno, but i'd leave alone.
RB even with narrow band O2 should be adjusting constantly . The wide band adjust much more quickly . Not recommended for street as they try and adjust down to idle at lights etc.
In the software,(have you down loaded this on to a computer?) , there is a check box "RB active" This ensures it is in auto adjustment mode and not locked into a map. Any other questions, I'll have to get my lap top from my bike garage to check. For example I dont know if the narrow band sensors operate as separate maps . Your software should see this .
Thanks from able duc
Old Aug 5th 2017, 08:23 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Calderara di Reno View Post
Ive learnt bit over the last week or so, not an expert tho. Presuming for road and occasional track. It shouldnt matter what ecu map or upgrade to the map , RB manipulates all the A/F regardless, the Race version has a slightly more aggressive ignition map in it . This doesnt change , but is changeable via the software on a dyno, but i'd leave alone.
RB even with narrow band O2 should be adjusting constantly . The wide band adjust much more quickly . Not recommended for street as they try and adjust down to idle at lights etc.
In the software,(have you down loaded this on to a computer?) , there is a check box "RB active" This ensures it is in auto adjustment mode and not locked into a map. Any other questions, I'll have to get my lap top from my bike garage to check. For example I dont know if the narrow band sensors operate as separate maps . Your software should see this .
I uninstalled the module today , bike ran much smoother and pulls very hard through rev range .
Thanks from Calderara di Reno

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
panigale, solutions, tuning