Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree19Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 18th 2017, 07:37 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Kevin1199's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: WA

Posts: 887
Thanks: 414

I Ride: 1299R FE and a Pikes Peak
Originally Posted by TOBTEK View Post
Agree 100% ! These not really being a limited production build, once the initial demand fades from the select few that have been waiting to pick up their FE's. There's going to be standing inventory on these.
Getting quoted about 2k off at this point.
Maybe, maybe not...... from my understanding they are being built on a per order basis.
Kevin1199 is offline  
 
Old Sep 18th 2017, 11:51 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Washington

Posts: 470
Thanks: 108

I Ride: 2013 1199R & 2015 Panigale R (& 2 HDs)
You'd need to find out when is the last day you can order one. That way you can see how many are sitting on the floors before then. If they are, it's in your favor and make an offer. If they aren't any, then you'll have to pony up and perhaps pay OVER sticker if you waited too long. This is a bet you'll have to play on supply and demand. If you're getting 2K off now, perhaps you can get another grand off in a few months in the middle of winter.
SuperDuc29 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 12:08 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: California

Posts: 111
Thanks: 40

Originally Posted by Kevin1199 View Post
Maybe, maybe not...... from my understanding they are being built on a per order basis.
Yea I heard that too.. Basically dealer puts the order through ... Goes to Ducati which gives it the "OK" from the allocation pool.. Next one is Mid October when it arrives in the U.S
Thanks from Kevin1199
Rich1199 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 12:38 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: canada

Posts: 225
Thanks: 83

Originally Posted by double0 View Post
Comparing your upgraded "S" model with a REAL R model isn't the same thing. That aside, this is the last of the L-Twins. Getting a deal on these will be much more difficult than your 13R.
Is there such thing as a Real R? im not trying to cause shit im actually really curious because every now and then i see a really good price on R's.

And im with the others, theres not going to be much in terms of discounts
panhandler is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 01:54 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
double0's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,260
Thanks: 1350

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2007 CBR600RR, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
Model year 13 and 14 R's weren't really traditional R's. It had a lighter flywheel, pistons and some carbon bits. I'm probably missing something but the 15R and up have been drastically different than the S models aside from the engine size. It was a very close replica of a 14SL model and considered to be a traditional R model, similar to the gap between previous gens S and R models. This 1299R is even better than all the previous R's because they took the bigger cc engine and kept all the lighter internals, even though they can't race this model in pro racing due to certain restrictions. I don't know of Ducati ever doing that since the R models have always been produced for racing purposes professionally but the FE is specifically to cater to the customer since the model is on its way out. Bigger cc engine with all the same lighter engine internals. Best of both worlds. Truly a gem of a machine on paper and I'm sure even more so for owners who have experienced this personally.
Thanks from Kevin1199, KMY and panhandler
double0 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 03:48 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Mutt1979's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: East England, UK

Posts: 1,097
Thanks: 644

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
Originally Posted by double0 View Post
Model year 13 and 14 R's weren't really traditional R's. It had a lighter flywheel, pistons and some carbon bits. I'm probably missing something but the 15R and up have been drastically different than the S models aside from the engine size. It was a very close replica of a 14SL model and considered to be a traditional R model, similar to the gap between previous gens S and R models. This 1299R is even better than all the previous R's because they took the bigger cc engine and kept all the lighter internals, even though they can't race this model in pro racing due to certain restrictions. I don't know of Ducati ever doing that since the R models have always been produced for racing purposes professionally but the FE is specifically to cater to the customer since the model is on its way out. Bigger cc engine with all the same lighter engine internals. Best of both worlds. Truly a gem of a machine on paper and I'm sure even more so for owners who have experienced this personally.
The 2015> R is still just as unique as the 1299 R FE if not more so. The Panigale R was the last production motorcycle/big twin that the WSBK was based on. Not only that but it's also the only Panigale without a number designation, it was purely a Panigale R on the livery.

I've seen two of these for sale recently with zero miles and both were already valued at north of 33k

Last edited by Mutt1979; Sep 18th 2017 at 04:25 PM.
Mutt1979 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 04:00 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Kevin1199's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: WA

Posts: 887
Thanks: 414

I Ride: 1299R FE and a Pikes Peak
Both the Panigale R and the FE will hold value and be rare in their own right. The Panigale R for being a true R, being the last twin Ducati will race in WSBK and it's homage to R models of the past.

The FE for being exactly what it is, a no rules, all out crazy send off to the Superquadro and the twin line. In their own rights they are insane and for most they are unobtainium
Thanks from Mutt1979
Kevin1199 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 04:13 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: PNW

Posts: 429
Thanks: 347

Originally Posted by Mutt1979 View Post
The 2015> R is still just as unique as the 1299 R FE if not more so. The Panigale R was the last production motorocycle/big twin that the WSBK was based on. Not only that but it's also the only Panigale without a number designation, it was purely a Panigale R on the livery.

I've seen two of these for sale recently with zero miles and both were already valued at north of 33k
2015 Ducati Panigale R | Ducati Redmond
NW1299 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 04:15 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Mutt1979's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: East England, UK

Posts: 1,097
Thanks: 644

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
Originally Posted by NW1299 View Post
1 owner, 9000 miles? I meant 0 miles......
Mutt1979 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 04:16 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Mutt1979's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: East England, UK

Posts: 1,097
Thanks: 644

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
A while back

Ducati 1199 Panigale R MK2 BRAND NEW | eBay

And now this

Ducati 1199 R Panigale Brand new | eBay
Mutt1979 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
discounts



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1299 quotes/prices MSRP discounts White13Pani Ducati 1299 14 Jan 25th 2015 09:35 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed