Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 18th 2017, 03:29 AM   #1
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Malaysia

Posts: 46
Thanks: 3

1299 base lockset

I purchase a 2016 1299 base model from insurance auction in canada.bike came with no keys.can anyone assist me on where i can purchase the lockset.thanks.
Wan797 is offline  
 
Old Sep 18th 2017, 03:53 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 398
Thanks: 68

Seems odd your buying a canadian bike based in malaysia

Last edited by Halo2; Sep 18th 2017 at 03:56 AM.
Halo2 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 04:34 AM   #3
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Malaysia

Posts: 46
Thanks: 3

Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post
Seems odd your buying a canadian bike based in malaysia
Nothing with that...i buy alot of bikes from usa...canada...uk...im a motorcycle importer.
Wan797 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 05:12 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Norfolk. UK

Posts: 1,059
Thanks: 516

I Ride: 1299S
Forgive me but if you are an importer I would have thought you'd know that you'd have to contact Ducati direct for replacements or go through the Malaysian importer for Ducati or their dealer network. Keys as you may or may not know are coded to the ECU/Dash, so a replacement set is not a straightforward swap. You will need to take proof of ownership to a dealer and they will order a new laser cut key direct from Ducati for that particular bike (VIN number) and then when it arrives, they will program it to your ECU. If this cannot be achieved and you have to buy a complete new lock set, you'll also need to replace the fuel cap lock and seat lock if you replace the ignition barrel and likely the ECU as well. Either way it's not a cheap exercise. Replacement keys from the factory are around $100 each, a complete lock set around $1100 (not sure if this includes the ECU, but at that price probably not)

Did you not ask why the bike came with no keys. How do you know if the engine even runs if the auction house cant or have not started the bike? All seems a little too grey for my liking.

Last edited by topolino; Sep 18th 2017 at 05:23 AM.
topolino is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 05:39 AM   #5
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Malaysia

Posts: 46
Thanks: 3

Originally Posted by topolino View Post
Forgive me but if you are an importer I would have thought you'd know that you'd have to contact Ducati direct for replacements or go through the Malaysian importer for Ducati or their dealer network. Keys as you may or may not know are coded to the ECU/Dash, so a replacement set is not a straightforward swap. You will need to take proof of ownership to a dealer and they will order a new laser cut key direct from Ducati for that particular bike (VIN number) and then when it arrives, they will program it to your ECU. If this cannot be achieved and you have to buy a complete new lock set, you'll also need to replace the fuel cap lock and seat lock if you replace the ignition barrel and likely the ECU as well. Either way it's not a cheap exercise. Replacement keys from the factory are around $100 each, a complete lock set around $1100 (not sure if this includes the ECU, but at that price probably not)

Did you not ask why the bike came with no keys. How do you know if the engine even runs if the auction house cant or have not started the bike? All seems a little too grey for my liking.
The problemis malaysia ducati dealer does not entertain bikes which are not purchase from them..so we grey importer need to sort out all this ourself. Well thats the risk of buying bikes from auction..they come a they is..so you take your chances..
Wan797 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 08:12 AM   #6
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Malaysia

Posts: 46
Thanks: 3

Originally Posted by topolino View Post
Forgive me but if you are an importer I would have thought you'd know that you'd have to contact Ducati direct for replacements or go through the Malaysian importer for Ducati or their dealer network. Keys as you may or may not know are coded to the ECU/Dash, so a replacement set is not a straightforward swap. You will need to take proof of ownership to a dealer and they will order a new laser cut key direct from Ducati for that particular bike (VIN number) and then when it arrives, they will program it to your ECU. If this cannot be achieved and you have to buy a complete new lock set, you'll also need to replace the fuel cap lock and seat lock if you replace the ignition barrel and likely the ECU as well. Either way it's not a cheap exercise. Replacement keys from the factory are around $100 each, a complete lock set around $1100 (not sure if this includes the ECU, but at that price probably not)

Did you not ask why the bike came with no keys. How do you know if the engine even runs if the auction house cant or have not started the bike? All seems a little too grey for my liking.
By the way..fyi..1299 panigale keys are not coded to ecu or dash..dealers that inform you this is just trying to scam their way to you wallet...1299 panigale keys are only coded the the ignition lock..thats all.thats why if you lost both of your keys..ducati sell the lock set which include the tank cap..seat lock..ignition switch and both keys...thats all...
Wan797 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 09:53 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Gecko's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Switzerland

Posts: 1,797
Thanks: 1696

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
Originally Posted by Wan797 View Post
By the way..fyi..1299 panigale keys are not coded to ecu or dash..dealers that inform you this is just trying to scam their way to you wallet...1299 panigale keys are only coded the the ignition lock..thats all.thats why if you lost both of your keys..ducati sell the lock set which include the tank cap..seat lock..ignition switch and both keys...thats all...
Yep, also applies to the 1199 and 899.
Gecko is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 10:10 AM   #8
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Malaysia

Posts: 46
Thanks: 3

Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
Yep, also applies to the 1199 and 899.
Possible to redo the keys without lockset?
Wan797 is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 11:36 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Gecko's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Switzerland

Posts: 1,797
Thanks: 1696

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
Yes, it is, but it's not cheap (the required software is quite expensive ).
There are specialized companies like S.O.S. Diagnostics - Italian Bike Programming and Keys
Gecko is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2017, 04:01 PM   #10
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2017
From: Malaysia

Posts: 46
Thanks: 3

Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
Yes, it is, but it's not cheap (the required software is quite expensive ).
There are specialized companies like S.O.S. Diagnostics - Italian Bike Programming and Keys
How much would it be?
Wan797 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, base, lockset



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling my 15 1299 base. What should i ask? shocksoket Ducati 1299 34 Aug 17th 2016 06:30 PM
Want To Buy: WTB 1299 Base, Possibly 959 Used joshevo22 Want To Buy 1 Jun 19th 2016 08:35 PM
New 1299 Base Bwat2 Ducati 1299 17 May 4th 2015 07:32 AM
1299 Base Cobradriver Ducati 1299 4 Apr 28th 2015 07:02 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed