Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree4Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 18th 2017, 04:51 PM   #11

I Ride: 2016 Panigale R
I feel better now. Just got oil changed and now it's leaking!!
Time to take her back for a checkup

Old Dec 18th 2017, 05:16 PM   #12

I Ride: 2013 1199S
Originally Posted by Nathanhu View Post
I would not be happy with the dealer saying I have to accept a certain level of coolant leaking.
the motor and coolant system should be fluid leak free, if not it would be really hard to eliminate this from a potential cause of failure or a root cause for a accident or incident.

and therefor the following litigation etc..

I don't think this would be acceptable on the premium auto market either.
Exactly, I feel ducati added this ‘may have a slight leak’ because of the amount of faulty water pumps and thermostat housing leaking.
Thanks from Nathanhu
Old Dec 18th 2017, 11:14 PM   #13

I Ride: KTM Duke R 1299 Pani YZF450 Saxon
Originally Posted by tinus675 View Post
Got mine same day as you I think. Turned two on the 14th of December. 13 000km no leaks. The past couple of weeks have been bloody hot and I was stuck filtering long lanes of traffic, bike ran up to 104 degrees c often. No water leaks.
I personally would not be able to live with it, any drop on the engine casing or in the belly pan or on the floor will be unacceptable.
Im on the same page as you, however the dealer has stepped up and said (after a bit of a tussle) they will replace the pump but cannot guarantee it will remedy the fault, this is a concern and as they now say they have this service release from the factory and it basically says it is ok to leak....

Water pump Pani.JPG

One thing that is on my mind now is do I invest into the new V4 simply because its a must have but knowing nothing abut its looming problems.
The 1199 - 1299 has been around for a number of years and now Ducati instead of engineering a water leak FIX simply add a page in the owners manual to say leaking is normal, all round I am just a bit uneasy with it
Old Dec 18th 2017, 11:18 PM   #14

I Ride: KTM Duke R 1299 Pani YZF450 Saxon
Originally Posted by Lucia71 View Post
Ciao Capitano Greg ti consiglio si riparare la perdita di acqua per non avere problemi
for those who dont speak his lingo

Hello Captain Greg I advise you to repair the loss of water for not having problems

Thank you Lucia and others I will take it in and hope for the best, will report back after its done, really hope I dont exp more trouble with it after such a major tear down and rebuild!
Old Dec 18th 2017, 11:46 PM   #15

I Ride: panigale 1299 S
Ciao Greg con la mia moto nessun problema di acqua ho percorso 18000 km, v la ducati deve riparare il guasto perché il problema è successo prima che scadeva la garanzia insisti o scrivi una lettera direttamente in ducati
Old Dec 18th 2017, 11:53 PM   #16

Non è una cosa normale non deve perdere acqua
Old Dec 18th 2017, 11:58 PM   #17

Ti consiglio di non comprare il v4 per il momento e presto usciranno un po' di problemi per aggiornamenti
Old Dec 19th 2017, 12:43 AM   #18

I Ride: 2013 1199S
Who’s to say the V4 won’t have its problems, manufacturers deliberately make things break down to make money on parts and labour for stealerships/themselves.

There’s a few cars that have known HG and transmission problems and no there is no recall.
Thanks from jpanigale

Last edited by Halo2; Dec 19th 2017 at 05:19 AM.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 04:50 AM   #19

Originally Posted by Captain Greg View Post
Im on the same page as you, however the dealer has stepped up and said (after a bit of a tussle) they will replace the pump but cannot guarantee it will remedy the fault, this is a concern and as they now say they have this service release from the factory and it basically says it is ok to leak....

Attachment 24300

One thing that is on my mind now is do I invest into the new V4 simply because its a must have but knowing nothing abut its looming problems.
The 1199 - 1299 has been around for a number of years and now Ducati instead of engineering a water leak FIX simply add a page in the owners manual to say leaking is normal, all round I am just a bit uneasy with it
after spending the last 25+ years in the Engineering Maintenance sector, I would like to hear the technical need for a 'breather' on the water pump..
most motors will have a tell tail hole on the non water side of the pump to show seal failure and that the pump bearings are being contaminated with coolant.
it seems like the coolant system is over pressuring and pushing by the seal, but only at the extremity of the temperature operation, but I'm not an expert...

lets just say if my 1299 has an coolant or oil leak it will be sat at the dealers until its repaired, or the guarantee runs out (which ever is sooner ) ..!
Thanks from Halo2
Old Dec 19th 2017, 06:35 AM   #20

Originally Posted by Captain Greg View Post

Attachment 24300

Sounds like Ducat has good excuses for their issues...
Attached official answer about my flickering headlights....I afraid that manual will grow up quickly.IMG_8354.JPG

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
curious