Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 28th 2017, 12:20 PM   #1

I Ride: 2016 959
959 Photoshop Help

Hi all,

First post here so feel free to move this thread if it is not in the right place. I have ordered some track fairings for my 959 and I am looking to either paint or vinyl wrap them in black or a slate grey color. I was wondering if anyone on here has some photoshop experience and could quickly modify the picture attached. I will be keeping the tank red for now so I want to see which looks better, I am currently leaning towards grey.

If you guys have any other ideas feel free to chime in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 959.jpg (24.0 KB, 56 views)

Old Jan 12th 2018, 10:36 AM   #2

I Ride: 1299 Panigale
Originally Posted by louis041 View Post
Hi all,

First post here so feel free to move this thread if it is not in the right place. I have ordered some track fairings for my 959 and I am looking to either paint or vinyl wrap them in black or a slate grey color. I was wondering if anyone on here has some photoshop experience and could quickly modify the picture attached. I will be keeping the tank red for now so I want to see which looks better, I am currently leaning towards grey.

If you guys have any other ideas feel free to chime in.

A photoshop job between Grey and black on a photo of this quality will tell you very little. There is no such thing as true black in paint seeing as it would pick up reflections. To prove the point look at the tires in you picture, are they black? Is the seat black? In photoshop they are all different tones of Grey.

I think jet black with red is too much of a contrast and will make the bike look disjointed. So of you choose back, match it to the front Mudguard, if you choose Grey, match it to the rear swingarm.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 03:44 PM   #3

I Ride: 2016 959
Originally Posted by tinus675 View Post
A photoshop job between Grey and black on a photo of this quality will tell you very little. There is no such thing as true black in paint seeing as it would pick up reflections. To prove the point look at the tires in you picture, are they black? Is the seat black? In photoshop they are all different tones of Grey.

I think jet black with red is too much of a contrast and will make the bike look disjointed. So of you choose back, match it to the front Mudguard, if you choose Grey, match it to the rear swingarm.

Thanks tinus675, I started wrapping the bike last weekend and I'm hoping to complete it this weekend. Pics to follow
Old Jan 13th 2018, 11:20 AM   #4

I Ride: 1299 Panigale
Originally Posted by louis041 View Post
Thanks tinus675, I started wrapping the bike last weekend and I'm hoping to complete it this weekend. Pics to follow

Please!
I would also like to know if you are satisfied with the wrap getting into all the tight corners and curves.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
959, photoshop