Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree13Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 21st 2018, 11:32 PM   #51

Had my 1299 S in yesterday (Wednesday) at Fraser Concord Sydney for the brake recall work to be done.

I was there no more than 1.5 hours.

The recall work would have taken less than 30 mins. The extra time was because I had some other issues I wanted them to look into for warranty.

Professional throughout.

Just my 2 cents.

Old Feb 23rd 2018, 02:23 AM   #52

Originally Posted by thepowercosmic View Post
Had my 1299 S in yesterday (Wednesday) at Fraser Concord Sydney for the brake recall work to be done.

I was there no more than 1.5 hours.

The recall work would have taken less than 30 mins. The extra time was because I had some other issues I wanted them to look into for warranty.

Professional throughout.

Just my 2 cents.

Booked in at Frasers Concord next Wednesday. Also have warranty stuff to be assessed. Cracked dash screen, got asked if I had an after market high screen that have no UV protection! Itís stock and barely sees the sun.... Clutch master cylinder cover vibrates loose at a track day and sprayed fluid all over the fairing screen. Asked about my weeping water pump and got told unless itís a large puddle under the bike after every ride, then itís not warranty, itís working as itís designed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Feb 25th 2018, 12:56 PM   #53

Returned from Fraser's over the weekend after 2hrs. Had other issues to be looked at, one being a few drops of coolant after every ride. Mechanic assured me a few small drops here n there is ok.

However, the other more serious issue to be looked at was a small oil leak from the engine. Was told to put on another 200km to see exactly where the leak was coming from.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Old Mar 1st 2018, 01:59 AM   #54

Originally Posted by basara View Post
Returned from Fraser's over the weekend after 2hrs. Had other issues to be looked at, one being a few drops of coolant after every ride. Mechanic assured me a few small drops here n there is ok.

However, the other more serious issue to be looked at was a small oil leak from the engine. Was told to put on another 200km to see exactly where the leak was coming from.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Spent 2.5 hours at Frasers Concord yesterday to have this 15min job completed and look at my cracked dash and clutch fluid damaged windscreen. They were very nice but 2.5hrs was a bit much after I was told when I booked it would take an hour all up. Asked about my coolant leak after a ride and was told if it wasnít a puddle, it wasnít a problem and the factory wouldnít acknowledge a claim existed.

Old Apr 16th 2018, 11:07 AM   #55

I Ride: 2015 1299s, 2009 675SE
Well as previously mentioned my Bike didn’t come upon the Ducati recall page. Dealer said it would be affected, infact two dealers said it would be. It was booked in on the 6th March but I had to cancel due to snow. It was rebooked in for last Saturday. I told them I’d still had no contact from Ducati. Anyway job was done. They phoned me today and left a message asking for a copy of the recall letter!
I wonder what will happen now? They obviously had all the bike details to check this out as well!
Old Apr 18th 2018, 03:20 PM   #56

Originally Posted by mcknightp View Post
Spent 2.5 hours at Frasers Concord yesterday to have this 15min job completed and look at my cracked dash and clutch fluid damaged windscreen. They were very nice but 2.5hrs was a bit much after I was told when I booked it would take an hour all up. Asked about my coolant leak after a ride and was told if it wasnít a puddle, it wasnít a problem and the factory wouldnít acknowledge a claim existed.

Oh yeah and now the front brake needs bleeding as itís become spongey! I just donít get it!

Old Apr 19th 2018, 08:58 AM   #57

Oh yeah and now the front brake needs bleeding as itís become spongey! I just donít get it!

Thatís a bit odd mine is spot on no sponginess. They canít have bled the system correctly.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 09:26 AM   #58

Originally Posted by Southwest View Post
Thatís a bit odd mine is spot on no sponginess. They canít have bled the system correctly.

Mine felt amazing right after, then developed the spongyness later on.

Old Apr 19th 2018, 02:12 PM   #59

Mine felt amazing right after, then developed the spongyness later on.

I have just got back from a 160 mile evening rideout and itís still ok. Iíll keep an eye on it.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 08:59 AM   #60

I Ride: Panigale 1299 (base) Panigale 1199 sold, MultiPP&scrambler-sold,DVT multi 1200,use of MT09sp,gxsr750
Must get recall done. My tech said just drop by wonít take long has several if the parts in stock

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
brembo, recall

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.