Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree6Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 09:22 PM   #31

I Ride: KTM Duke R 1299 Pani YZF450 Saxon
Originally Posted by DucatiTerminator View Post
Sorry for the na´ve question, but is this area visible with the fairing on? If so, there is a 1299SL in the showroom at my local dealer, and I can try to grab a pic for you.
Yes the weep hole is on the left hand side under the thermostat housing assembly, if you look at the drawing in the OP it will give you an idea of where to look.

I would be most greatfull if you could do this.

Old Feb 5th 2018, 02:52 AM   #32

I Ride: KTM Duke R 1299 Pani YZF450 Saxon
Ok small update for those who are concerned with the water leak issue?

As the tech document said that I posted earlier the SL version is the only Panigale to come fitted with a pipe to purge the exhausted coolant out and away? I have not had any positive feedback from SL owners who can confirm if the water pipe is fitted or not so have no evidence that substantiates this.

Today I received from Ducati the fitting that will screw into the weep hole (we need to tap a thread into the hole to accept this part) before installing it.
Funny thing is that the part in the sealed bag says M6 MAP sensor pipe fitting? so has Ducati conjured up a quick fix??

Had I known I would have simply machined this up myself, the problem with this rather "heath Robinson" fix is that one is then unaware that the bike is leaking coolant? and one could in fact run out or run hot on a long out ride if a rider /owner is not checking coolant periodically.

So if the V4 suffers this problem as they have admitted is also normal on some bikes then I am unsure if I will be having one.

fitting.JPG
Thanks from henrypbui
Old Feb 5th 2018, 09:40 AM   #33

Originally Posted by Captain Greg View Post
Yes the weep hole is on the left hand side under the thermostat housing assembly, if you look at the drawing in the OP it will give you an idea of where to look.

I would be most greatfull if you could do this.
Sorry, just caught this. I took a look but was unable to grab a pic at the time. There is a small black rubber hose that extends from a fitting. I'll try to grab a clear photo when I have the fairing off next time.

edit: I see above that you got the part you needed. Looks like it will be the same as that on the SL.

Last edited by DucatiTerminator; Feb 5th 2018 at 09:43 AM. Reason: addendum

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
leak, needed, owners, water